Chapter 42

"Just to talk?" Robin asked from where she stood, looking towards Sunflower with a brow raised.

"To talk about what?" Trotzen demanded as she shot up from where she sat beside her siblings. "There is nothing to talk about with them of all dragons."

"They didn't specify what they wanted to talk about but-" Sunflower tried to speak but Cacti butted in, joined in along side his sister within the argument.

"Yeah! Why would we want to talk with them? Maybe they're planning on doing all the same things as Queen Hornet? Why would they want to just talk with us? The dragons THEY'RE AFTER!"

"I have to agree with Trotzen and Cacti, why would the HiveWing's want to just, talk, with us, the dragons they're after most currently." Snowflake added in with a small bob of her head as she nodded.

"See?" Queen Sap spike up, bringing the attention back to her upon her throne. "They don't believe it's to just talk, so I see no reason why you suddenly show up out of thin air with this information, trying to convince me to let them go off into the enemies talons."

"Unless," General Castor snarled. "you've decided to stick along side your tribe and have been lying this whole time."

"What?! NO!"

"How else would Queen Wasp have known about our planned attack on the Yellowjacket Hive? How else could she have nearly KILLED one of our most valuable dragons?"

"Sunflower wouldn't do such a thing!" Cinnabar spat from where she stood by Caterpillar, her four large wings flared out threateningly.

Robin couldn't think properly as she listened to the conversation that seemed to buzz within her ears loudly, like that of the HiveWing swarm. The sound roaring loudly within her ears, making her brain rattle painfully within her head and making her feel as though she's spinning.

The hybrid dragonet needed to shake her head in order to focus once more on the conversation that soon was tiring into an argument of accusations before her very eyes.

"Stop!" She roared, her wings flaring out at her sides, no matter how heavy they felt, she still felt the need to use them to express her feelings or to get others attention's, much like that of her aunt Lavender who used her RainWing frills to express herself. "Sunflower would never betray us! Why would she have helped Lychee break me out of Queen Hornet's hive? SAVING me from being nothing more than a PET to Queen Hornet!"

The room fell silent for a few moments, giving Robin the opportunity she needed to continue.

"What reason would Sunflower have to betray us? Even if Queen Hornet were to give her a reason, the queen would most likely betray her anyways! And it's painfully obvious to see and Sunflower isn't stupid! For moons sake she helped Lychee form the plan to get me out! She was the one to get him to the hive, help him get a higher soldier rank in order to be close to me."

Robin could feel everyone's eyes burning into her scales, but one gaze she could fell the most was Sunflower's. The golden yellow HiveWing's gaze felt relived and grateful.

"But how do you know that she wouldn't want to try and get her old life back?"

She looked over towards the owner of the voice. General Castor. The large battle scarred LeafWing's green eyes were narrowed in a harsh glare that nearly made Robin physically flick as though she'd just been burnt.

"What if she doesn't want to continue to live the life of a runaway, her only hope of not being found and killed by her Queen is to follow our rules. What if she wants to go back to the way things were and the only way to do that is to hand you, and all your friends, over right into the enemies talons?"