Chapter 38

"Go! Go! Go!"

"Everyone out of the tunnel!"

"Hurry!"

"Run!"

Roars and screams were all that Robin could hear aside from the pounding of her head that seemed to rattle her insides. She felt as though she was blind as the ran, trying to follow the voices that she could hear above the loud explosions of her dragon flame cacti that lined the tunnel walls, each one going off along side the ones beside them.

She could only see the bright flashes of dragon flame cacus' going up in flames before exploding, turning into bright bursts of white and pale yellow light before turning orange as the heat faded, stretching out to reach the other plants within the tunnel.

"Hurry!"

"Move! Move!"

She could make out the voices of General Castor as well as Snapper, they were the closest to her but the other LeafWing's such as Briar and Flytrap, she could hardly make out their voices from the explosions.

Keep running! Keep running! Her mind was racing along side her legs. She pushed herself to run faster, running along side the LeafWing's who were escaping the tunnel. She could feel the round beneath her talons start to lift, going upwards. Towards the exit.

We're nearly there!

Robin was now able to actually see the exit, a hole of light just up ahead that didn't have dragon flame cacti lining its walls. The explosions were now coming from behind them as clumps of dirt and stone fell down from above. It made Robin have to narrow her eyes to avoid getting within them and distract her from the exit just in front of them.

She could see Briar, Snapper and Flytrap up ahead, making a dash out of the tunnels exit, seeming being consumed by the white light. Then she could see General Castor hot on their tails.

Robin was less than half a wing length away from the exit, her vision clearing enough to see Thorn rushing forwards. "Robin!" He roared as he reached out with his talons, trying to grasp her claws to pull her out. The roof of the tunnel above her continued to crumble, but after a large explosion that erupted from behind within the middle of the tunnel where most of the dragon flame cacti were hidden away, the roof of soil and rocks cane crashing down above her.

"The Hives coming down! Everyone get out of there!" Was one of the last things Robin's was able to hear before she was pinned down to the dirt floor by soil that crashed down from above, blocking her vision of Thorn and surrounding her in darkness that was suffocating.

But that was because it was suffocating.

There's to much dirt! Robin's claws dig into what ever soil she could grasp, trying to dig her way out but everything felt so heavy. The hybrid dragonet tried to breath, but all she got was dirt inside of her mouth, which she quickly tried to spit out, but that only seemed to make more invite it's way inside of the struggling dragonet.

She wanted to scream, scream for help, but she couldn't. She felt more weight added on top of her as more dirt, stone, and possibly now the Yellowjacket Hive, collapsing down on top of her. Forcing her to intake more dirt through her jaws and her flared nostrils.

Im going to die down here, was one of the many thoughts that raced throughout the hybrids mind as she continued to spiral into a panic, trying to breath, trying to do anything.

She could feel herself starting to grow lightheaded, much like when she was little and she and her friends would see who could hold their breath the longest.