Chapter 26

Robin could feel her heart pounding nervously as she made her way over to the nest of blankets, where Thorn was hiding. How would they react to finding a LeafWing within their home? One that Robin brought with her.

This will be fine, she told herself as she lifted up the blankets slightly so she could see Thorn. It's definitely not like Cavansite told me all the awful things about LeafWing's, they definitely won't freak out.

"Come on." She whispered to Thorn, keeping her voice steady to reassure him. She didn't need him to panic even more than he clearly already was. Plus, if he saw her look nervous, it might make his panic even worse.

After a few moments of hesitation, Thorn gave her a stiff nod as he started to pull himself out of the soft blankets.

Robin sat back on her haunches to watch the others, almost as though she were trying to be Thorn's second set of eyes. She also just wanted to see how her friends would react to seeing a LeafWing within her room.

She watched as her friends faces all went from confused, to even more confused and other emotions that Robin some what expected of them.

Cavansite looked horrified at the sight of Thorn, his wings flared out in fright as his antenna twitched and quivered as though they were confused in what they were supposed to be doing.

Cinnabar just stared for a few moments, her sparkling wings twitching curiously and showing that she wasn't a statue staring at the LeafWing before her with wide, curious and confused eyes.

Caterpillar looked like a mix between the other two SilkWing's. Looking confused and curious as well as slightly terrified.

Then there was Lychee.

The green shaded HiveWing looked overall confused, as though he couldn't believe that there was a LeafWing in front of him. He blinked for a few seconds as Cavansite was the first to break the moment of silence between the dragons within the room.

"Robin," Cavansite started with a twitch of his tail. "WHY IS THERE A LEAFWING HERE?!"

Robin could practically feel Thorn violently flinch back at Cavasite's words, which in turn caused the hybrid dragonet to move herself slightly as if offering to use herself as she shield for Thorn to hide behind.

"He is a LeafWin-" Robin tried to speak but she was talked over by Canasite who seemed to be panicking, his talons holding the sides of his head.

"HOW IS THERE A LEAFWING?! THEY'RE EXTINCT!"

Robin just snapped her jaws shut with a sigh when she realized she wouldn't be getting a single word in while Cavansite was acting like this. It seemed like the others realized this as well as they all kept silent, though, they all were for the most part watching Thorn.

Especially Lychee.

The odd looking HiveWing just seemed to be staring at Thorn, making the LeafWing hybrid noticeably uneasy. Though, soon enough as Cavansite was in the middle of his loud rant, Lychee seemed to snap himself out of his trance with a shake of his head, moving to meet Robin's gaze.

She felt as though she were begging for Lychee to do something, her ears pinned back and eyes wide. Come on, everything's fine, Thorn's fine, we're fine. Cavansite just needs to calm down she thought over and over again within her mind, as though hoping the HiveWing could hear her thoughts.

"Robin," Lychee started, pulling Robin from her thoughts. "Would you care to...explain."

It was clear that Lychee was trying to keep a level head while Caterpillar and Cinnabar were trying to quiet down Cavansite, attempting to keep the sparkling blue SilkWing calm.