Chapter 3

It had been a week since Robin had been given her gifts from Pop-Pop. The dragonet hardly ever took them off and would be seen everywhere wearing the fur, her gloves and her shoulder pouch. She'd love to put things within her pouch to carry them around.

The strange seeds still were within the very bottom of the shoulder pouch, completely forgotten by the hybrid dragonet.

"Robin, are you ready to go?" Her father's voice called to her from within their hut. The dragonet was within her room as her father called to her.

"Yeah! I'm all ready!" She called as she quickly grabbed her gloves and slipped them on before running out of her room to go join her parents. They were going to go to the Sand Kingdom to go visit Queen Scorpion, King Meerkat and their dragons Trotzen, Cacti and Snowflake, which Robin was excited to see hem again since she hadn't seen them in forever!

Along the way, they were going to stop by Auntie Lavender and Auntie Salamander's hut and they were going to stay there for a day and Robin would be able to spend some time with Python! She'd seen him for her hatching day but she hasn't seen him since.

I can't wait to see them again! It feels like forever! She thought as she ran to the front door of their hut where her parents where waiting for her.

"Let's get going, if we leave now, we'll hopefully get to the main village by sundown." Shadowsplitter said with a smile as he opened the door.

"You sure you'll be able to fly the whole way little bird?" Funnel asked softly as they left their hut.

This would be Robin's first time flying the whole way without being carried by one of her parents. I can do this, I'm a big dragon! She told herself.

"Mhm, I'll be okay!" She nodded, reassuring her mother as Shadowsplitter closed their huts door.

"Okay, just make sure you tell either me or your dad if you start to feel tired, okay?" Funnel wrapped her wing around her daughter as they started to walk. They were going to walk as far as the river and then they'd continue on wing into the Sky Kingdom.

"I will!" She flapped her wings to shake her mothers wing off of her shoulders.

The three of them continued to walk, a calm silence forming between the three of them was they walked through town, the river in sight up ahead.

"Have you gotten any letters from Auntie Salamander and Auntie Lavender?" Robin spoke up as she had a skip in her step as she followed her parents.

"Not that often sweetie." Her mother responded with a smile.

Silence grew between the three of them once more as they made it to the river.

I'll be flying the rest of the way now, she thought with a nervous yet excited flick of her tail. Her wings spread open as she shot off into the air, her parents not to far off behind her.

"First one to the first mountain is a piece of rotten fruit!" Shadowsplitter called as he flew past his daughter and wife with a playful smile on his face.

"No fair! You got a head start!" Robin called after her father as she started to fly after him with determination.

She could hear Funnel's laughter from behind her as the SkyWing flew after the two of them.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Robin's wings felt sore from the long flight yesterday. The family of three made it to the main SkyWing village outside of Queen Flicker's palace. They'd spent the night there and Robin felt as though that was the best sleep she'd ever had. Her body felt energized yet her wings felt sore as though they wanted to fly away without her or just drop down her sides and refuse to move.