Chapter 22

The next few days all felt the same. Sleeping together with her friends in Pachira's woven hut that hang off the side of one of the tall and thick trunk jungle trees.

During the day, they were all together, and always under the supervision of either Briar or Thorn. They were never alone. It almost felt like they were being watched by predators, waiting for one of them to wander astray before striking. Robin hated it.

"Hey Robin, you okay?" Python asked from where he was seated by the others, including Thorn who was seated by Trotzen and Snowflake with Cacti beside them.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied. Who was she kidding. She wasn't fine. She felt on edge all the time, the stories that Cavansite told her kept running like a loud echo within her ear, sometimes deafening her to the world around her. "Just, thinking." The dragonet told her cousin as she picked up a fruit that she had to hold with both of her talons in order to hold it.

If she was being honest, she was starting to miss eating meat. She saw some LeafWing's eating meat here and there, but it seemed as though everyone here on Pantala only ate fruits and vegetables. It was starting to make her feel sick to her stomach each time she saw any kind of plant.

"Thinking about what?" The SandWing asked softly with a curious tilt of his head, his was twitching with interest.

"The Hives." She told him quietly, so none of the others would hear. She knew they would react badly if she spoke of the hives, they'd been brainwashed to think they were awful and the enemy, when in reality, the LeafWing's were the enemy.

Python was silent for a few moments as he silently picked up a piece of fruit of his own and bit into it, a thoughtful look in his sparkling black eyes.

Maybe, I can slowly convince the others that the hives are okay, Robin thought to herself as she bit into her fruit. I can make them see he hives are good and the LeafWing's are bad.

"What are you thinking about, like...you know..." Python started with a twitch of his tail. "What part of the hives are you thinking about?"

"Mainly the dragons who took care of me." She started with a twitch of her wings as she bit down into the fruit within her talons. "Cavandsite, Cinnabar, Caterpillar and Lychee."

"What were they like?" The SandWing asked after a few moments of silence as they both sat there, eating their fruit.

"They were...really nice. They treated me as though I was a member of their family." She admitted with a smile. "I miss them."

"Well, maybe you could see them again someday."

"Or maybe we could go see them ourselves."

"What?" His ears perked up as his head shot over to look at Robin, his black eyes wide in alarm. "You mean, as in, going to the hives?"

"Yeah! They're not bad, we just have to pretend to be SilkWing's and we'll be fine. We'd be safe there and looked after." She explained to her friend quietly. She soon went on a quiet rant throughout the day to Python about the hives and everything the SilkWing's taught her.

By the end of the day when the five dragonets were all curled up around one another, some of them already fast asleep, Robin had told Python practically everything she knew about the hives and he seemed fascinated by them.

"Maybe we can go see them, someday." He yawned as he laid his head down between his from talons as he was curled up beside Robin, the SandWing dragonet giving off a warm feeling that Robin had dearly missed.

"Yeah." She quietly agreed as she rested her head on top of his, letting out a soft sign of contempt.

We'll go to he hives where we'll be safe, she thought to herself as her eyes started to droop. All I need to do is convince the others.