Chapter 1

The wind softly whistled as it softly flew around, seemingly weaving its way around the mountains before turning and making its way towards a village that was built by a twisting river that lead into the rainforest behind the village. The grass softly waved along with the wind as it softly rustled the cloths of tents and stalls owned by dragons within the market near the centre of the town.

A young dragonet felt the cool breeze and it seemed to cool down her scales that seemed to heat up along with the sun that shone down brightly from above.

"Robin!" Called a voice ahead in the crowed.

"Coming!" The young dragonet, Robin, called as she quickened her pace to a speedy walk. She kept this up until she found exactly who she was looking for. A broad shouldered NightWing with brown-ish grey scales and warm golden eyes.

Robin shared the same eye colour as her father and had some of his scale colour. She was an odd dragonet and often stood out from the crowd because of her appearance. She was a hybrid, born to a NightWing father, Shadowsplitter, and SkyWing mother, Funnel.

She was a three year old dragonet who looked very much like her mother body wise. She was slender with long legs but she had hints of her father's broad shoulders. She had smooths horns like her father, though they were curly like her mothers. She had the same freckles as her mom and shared most of her colours as well, though her wing arms faded into more of her father's colours, along with her hind legs. Her front talons blended more into a red-ish orange colour, which she had gotten from her grandfather on her mother's side, who she called Papa or pop-pop. Her tail blended off into a paler colour, matching her mother's though hers didn't blend off into spots, her scales slowly shifted colouration the closer to the tip she got.

Another thing she gets from her father are some of his facial features. She has the face scales of a NightWing. Her father says that her NightWing facial features make her face look rounder.

"When are we going to visit Orchid and Strongwings again?" She asked as she took long strides to follow her father, but soon she stopped and would rather leap to keep up with him. She didn't need to leap, but it was fun.

"We just went to visit them two days ago." Shadowsplitter chuckled as they walked, his golden eyes watching Robin match his strides by hoping. A smirk formed on his face before he started to take longer strides, making her eyebrows scrunch together in concentration as she had to jump father to keep up.

"Yeah, but I want to see Grandma and Grandpa again! Oh! What about papa? Will he come to visit soon? I haven't seen him since I was two!"

"Oh! That reminds me!" Shadowsplitter said with a twitch of his wings as he stopped at a stall that was being run by a MudWing. He looked at the things she was selling before he pointed out to a thick leather pouch. "Your papa sent a letter yesterday saying he was coming to visit tomorrow, said he had a special gift for his granddaughter since he missed your hatching day a few weeks ago."

"Yes!" She jumped on the spot excitedly.

Pop-Pop's gonna visit! Pop-Pop's gonna visit! I wonder what he got me? Maybe it's something super important! Maybe a secret mission! She stopped jumping and dropped to a low crouch, her tail lashing playfully behind her as she eye'd up her father's tail as he looked to be distracted purchasing the leather pouch from the MudWing. Maybe we'll go on an adventure and stop bad guys just like in Auntie Lavender's stories! She thought as she pounced to grab her father's tail, which lifted up and out of her way which in turn made her roll onto her back as the tried to grab it with all four of her talons, playful giggles escaping her throat.

She heard her father chuckle, the sound rumbling in his throat as he looked over his shoulder at her.

"Let's hurry and get home before your mother starts to worry we've been kidnapped or something."