Part 11: A Terrifying Past

Gabby grabbed Keira's purse and looked for the car keys.

"Can you help me send her home?" Asked Gabby, as she hands the keys to Gian.

"Yeah, Sure." replied Gian as he receives the keys from Gabby. 

Gabby opens the car door for Gian to sit Keira. A while before Gian left, Patrick walked towards the driver's seat. 

"I believe it's best to call Keira's parents first. They might be surprised to see Keira in that state." he proposed.

Gian stopped for a moment to think. 

'Was it a good idea?' 

In the end, he asked Gabby to give Keira's parents a call. 

"Hello, good evening. May I please speak with Mrs. Mendoza?" Gabby softly spoke. 

"This is Mr. Mendoza. Speaking?" 

"Good evening sir.. Uh.. my name is Gabby and I am Keira's friend.. We're.." 

Gabby was not even done with her words when Keira's dad interrupted.

"What happened to Keira? Where is she now?" Keira's dad said with a worried tone. 

Gabby was not really sure how to explain to Keira's father what happened. If she told the truth, it would look bad, but if they don't it wasn't good either. She was panicking whether to tell the truth or not. 

Patrick then grabbed the phone. 

"Hi, Tito*. It's me Patrick. Do you remember me? I'm really sorry to be calling you this late. Uh, Keira accidentally drank an alcoholic drink and she got a little drunk. She's currently asleep now and our friends are about to send her home."

Gabby and the rest of them were surprised to hear Patrick tell Keira's parents such words but they could not stop him. 

"Alright, we'll make sure to bring her home safe."

"Don't worry. Gian, the one who will drive her, did not drink at all and Gabby will be coming with them too to make sure Keira gets home safe.. Alright.. sorry for worrying you. Thank you. Bye." 

Patrick then gave the phone back to Gabby. He bent down to remind Gian to drive safe and takes a glance at Keira, who was unconscious. He nodded and told them to set off. Gian started the engine and went off to send Keira home. Patrick's eyes followed the car until it was no longer seen. 

When he turned back, he sees Kath walking towards him. 

"How is she?" Kath asks as she held Patrick's arms.

"Uh.. still unconscious.." he said softly. 

"I saw her getting really scared earlier.. I hope she feels better when she wakes up." 

"You noticed that too? It was the second time I saw her petrified face when men approaches her.." Patrick explained.

"That's why you keep your eyes on her, don't you?" 

Patrick gives Kath a guilty look. 

Kath smiles.

"That's what I love about you. You can't stand men disrespecting women." Kath leaned her head on Patrick's shoulder. Patrick gives her a kiss on her head and walks to the car to take off. 

Meanwhile, Gian and Gabby were at the car and were keeping silent. Gabby, who felt a little responsible about what happened can't keep but worry for her Keira. She didn't know how to explain to Keira's parents. She was afraid she would gain a bad impression on Keira's parents on their very first meeting.