Part 13: A Small World

Because it was vacation, Keira and her parents planned to go out of town for a little bonding. It was a two week vacation at their rest house and resort in Bataan and Keira is excited to finally get some fresh air and great view of both the mountains and the beach.

It was a 5 hour trip but it did not bore her at all. Seeing such beautiful scenery, it was such a waste to sleep on them. She takes her camera out and takes great shot of their travel.

"Ah~ how refreshing!" She thinks to herself, as she feels the cold breeze on her face. It's been so long since she has travelled and it just feels better everytime. The beauty and wonders of nature just keeps amazing her that no words could actually describe how beautiful they are in her sight.

Finally, they reach their rest house and their resort staffs welcomed them.

Keira smiles at them one by one and saw a familiar face. She looks at the person with excitement in her eyes but restrained herself from approaching. As she entered the house, the staff slowly left the entrance and headed to their posts but Keira turns back and call on a name. 

"Shay!"

The girl looks at her with a big smile on her face. Keira runs towards Shay and hugs her tight.

"I missed you!!" Exclaimed Keira as she squeezes the girl in her arms.

"I missed you too, Kei!!" Said the girl.

"How have you been? I haven't visited for a long time and I became busy because of school, I wasn't able to contact you that often." Asked Keira with a regretful tone.

"Ha! What are you being sorry about? Thats totally fine! I understand! I've been doing well, you can see for yourself." Answered Shay as she turned around to show Keira that she's in perfect condition.

"We have so many things to talk about and catch up about, so you better stay with me during our whole vacation." Said Keira.

"I'm all ears for you, darling!" Excitedly, Shay replied.

"Let me go ahead and fix my things. I'll meet you at the pavillion."

"Alright! I'll go prepare some snacks for us."

Keira went to her room and had her things fixed. She also changed into a more comfortable dress so she can freely move around.

About half an hour passed and Keira finally arrived at the pavillion.

"Kei!" Shouted Shay, as she waved at Keira.

Keira hurriedly ran towards the pavillion bar and sat beside Shay.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Asked Shay as she gave Keira a glass of fruit shake.

"Hmm.. I just wanna walk at the beach today. Let's make plans for the rest of our vacations!" Keira excitedly proposed.

"Do you want to go hiking? We haven't hiked in a while.." suggested Shay.

"We could do that!" Answered Keira.
"We could also go at the night market and buy some stuff." She added.

"Sure!" Shay agreed.

"So, how's your new school? Everythring going well?"

"Well, yeah. Everything's good. I've already adjusted well." Said Keira.

"Actually, I have made great friends!"

"Really? Thats good to hear. Maybe you could bring them over next time so I could meet them." Said Shay.

"Maybe after the coming semester? We could go here for some small party. What do you think?" Asked Keira.

"You could do that! I could help you host the party!"