Part 6: Meant to Be

Keira got up from her sleep and went to take a bath. After a day of rest, lessons are to resume. After dressing up, she went down for breakfast.

"Honey, there's going to be a holiday next week." Keira's mom said.

"Is there?" asked her dad.

"Uh-huh. And Im thinking maybe we could go out for some stoll or a short vacation with Keira."

"That would be great! What do you think, Kei?" Keira's dad said, looking at her.

"Yeah, sure! I'd love to go to the beach tho." Giggled Keira.

She loved holidays the most. Because of their busy schedules, Keira's parents were seldom home and they seldom spend time together. Because they realized that Keira has been alone since she was a kid, her mother felt bad for her one and only child so she promised that she would keep the holiday for her family. This way, Keira will not feel she is alone.

"Beach it is then!" said Keira's dad.
"I'll do the planning, anak, so you just need to pack your things, okay?" he added, as he embraced his daughter.

"Sure, dad." Keira replied, with excitement on her face.

After eating breakfast with her parents, she immediatley left for school. Her car is on coding reason why it was the driver who sent her to school. She was relaxing at the back seat when her phone rang.

"Kei! Are you on your way to school?" shouted Gabby as Keira picked up her phone.

"I am. Why?" she asked.

"The girls and I are at the milktea shop in front the school. Want me to get you anything?"

"Hokkaido. The biggest size." Keira replied.

"okay!"

Few minutes after the phone call, Keira arrived at school. She sees the rest of her friends at the lobby as she went down. Gabby, upon seeing her, ran to her.

"You're here! Your drink." Gabby greeted as she handed Keira her milktea. Keira smiled and went to her friends right away.

"Didn't bring your car today?" Mia asked

"Yeah. Car's on coding so I asked the river to drop me off." Keira explained.

While walking to their room, a student who was running accidentally bumped into Keira. The force was too strong that she almost thought she was about to fall face on when a man suddenly appeared infront of her, as if embracing her to prevent her from tripping. She looks up the guy at it was Gian Cruz, their classmate. Keira immediately pulled herself out of Gian's arms and realized that her milktea spilled on Gian's white uniform.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry, Gian." Keira said as she covers her mouth with her hand. She hurriedly grabs her bag and search for her wet wipes to help clean the stain.

"Im really sorry, I didn't mean to." apologized Keira.

Gian smiled at her as she was busy cleaning on the stain, he gently removed her hands from cleaning his clothes and looked at Keira.

"It's okay, Kei. It's not a big deal. I can just wash it in the washroom." He said, comforting Keira

"But.." Keira was about to apologize again when Gian tapped her head and went to the washroom.

Keira gave her friends a worried look. She knew it wasn't her fault, but she felt really responsible for that milktea stain. Oh, how she wished she didn't ask Gabby to buy her one. She was both feeling sorry and embarrassed that her facial expression shows it all. Her friends pulled her to their room.

Keira isn't really feeling good about what happened so she grabbed her wallet and went outside the room, hurriedly.

When she returned, she frantically looked around the room and headed towards Gian.

"Wear this.." Keira said.

Gian looked at her, confused, he held the new white uniform Keira was offering her.

"You bought a new one?" Gian asked.

"Hmm" Keira nodded.

"I just feel really sorry about staining your uniform.." she explained.

Gian stood up. "You didn't have to, tho.." he said.

"No. please wear this instead. I don't want you walking around with a stain on your uniform... also it's because of me so... it feels uncomfortable." Keira worriedly explained.

Gian faintly laughed. "Alright, I'll wear it...Thanks." Gian said and tapped the top of her head again.

"Yiiee!!" everyone in the room shouted. Because she was too worried, Keira forgot that they were people inside the classroom where all their classmates were present. It was a place where you can easily be misunderstood with such actions.

With the embarrassment, Keira can only sigh deeply and head back to her seat, her friends teasing her.

"So you ran out just to buy Gian a new uniform?" asked Diane as if teasing her

"That's just too sweet!" Mia added.

"I was just really guilty for ruining his uniform, okay?" Keira answered, annoyed.

Few minutes later, Mr. Enriquez arrived with the exam results in his hands.

"Alright, the exam results are out and surprisingly, only 3 students were able to answer the computation part of the exam correctly. 2 of them got the highest scores in your class as well."

"Wooaaahhh" the class shouted.

"Let's give a round of applause to Ms. Mendoza for having a perfect score in the computation part and also for having only 5 mistakes in the exams."

The class clapped their hands as they are so amused as to how Keira was able to almost perfect the exam. The computation part also play a big part because it was the question with the most points.

"Next is Mr. Cruz, who got only 9 mistakes." Announced Mr. Enriquez.

"Meant to be!" someone from the back shouted and everyone laughed as they gave both Keira and Gian a glance.

"Let us also congratulate Mr. Navarez for being one of the only 3 who answered the computation part of the exam correctly, tho he didn't necessarily get one of the highest scores."

Patrick's friends were cheering on him and the whole class was also surprised. Patrick stood up to get his exam and glanced at Keira and give her a smile, as if telling her "Thanks". Keira lifts her eyebrows as a response. 

The day went on with the teasing and Keira is already feeling annoyed. This isn't what she wanted, but it was also her fault for being too bold. She could've done it in private but she didn't.

Gabby felt that Keira wasn't feeling comfortable so she asked the rest of their group to go on a dinner together and they agreed.

After their 7pm class, they went for dinner at the Pizza restaurant near the school. Gabby knew pizza is one way to ease the Keira's bad mood and she was right. As their orders were slowly served, Keira's mood became lighter and better than it was few hours before.