Part 12: A Visitor

The next day, Keira wakes up and was dumbfounded to see she was in her own room. With no recall of what has happened last night, she hurriedly went down to find her mom.

To her surprise, she sees her mom on the couch, talking with Gian. 

"Gian?" 

Gian and Keira's mom turned their heads towards her direction, smiling at her.

"Oh, good morning, sweetie." Greeted Keira's mom.

"Gian's brought breakfast for you. Come and hurry while the food's still hot." Added her mom.

Keira pulled a fake smile, still confused.
She sits beside her mom and pulled her clothes.

"What is he doing here?" Keira whispered.

Her mom tappend her hands and looked at Gian.

"Let me just go to the kitchen to get you utensils." Keira's mom blurted as she pulled herself away from her daughter, giving Keira a "You talk to him" face.

Keira tried to stop her mom from leaving, but she wasn't able to.
She gave Gian another awkward smile.

"Are you feeling better now?" Asked Gian, as he pulled the plastic bags near him to prepare them for Keira.

"Uh.. yeah, I feel better now.." she replied.
"Uhm.. you sent me home last night?" She asked.

"Yeah. Gaeb and I did." Answered Gian.

"I see..." Keira pouts her mouth. She was thinking whether to ask or not.

"Uh, Gian... I remember.. before I passed out..."

Keir didn't get to finish her words when Gian spoke.

"Don't worry much about it. It was nothing. Patrick is fine and so is the rest of Migs' friends." He smiled at her to ease her worries.

Then came Keira's mom.

"Here are your utensils. Go ahead and eat." Keira's mom teased, as she placed the stuff on the table and left the two.

Both of them quietly ate, as if they are both avoiding asking questions about what happened last night.

After eating, Gian prepared to leave.

"Gian.." whispered Keira.

Gian looks at her, waiting for what she was about to say.

"Thank you.." Keira continued.
"Thank you for sending me home.. and for explaining to my parents about what happened yesterday... And for the breakfast.." She smiled, as she looks into Gians eyes.

"I appreciate it, really.." Keira added.

"Don't mention it... Anything for you." Gian answered as he brushed his fingers on Keira's face and placed her hair strands behind her ears and smiled.

"You take a rest. I'll get going." Gian said.

Keira waved Gian goodbye as he drove away.

Upon entering the house, Keira's mom smiles at her.

"He's a good kid.' her mom says, smiling at her.

"Oh, come on, mom!!!" She annoyedly shouted as she walked away from her mom's loudness.

"Isn't he?? He looks good and smell good!! He's also smart.. I can tell!!"

Keira's mom continued which caused her to run to her room with her hands covering her ears.

"Stop it, Mom!!!" She shouted as she banged her door.

Standing behind her door, Keira breathes heavily.

"He is, indeed, a good guy..." She whispered to herself then sighed.

"I have no time to fall in love at this time... I must focus on studying..."

Hours passes by in a bliss and the day is about to end. Keira stayed in her room the whole time, either checking out on her phone, read articles, listen to new music, watch newly released videos: everything that kills time.

But no matter how busy she kept herself, she can't stop but to also worry about Patrick.

It was so clear to her, what happened the night before. She remember Patrick getting punched in the face before she totally lost consciousness. She wanted to send him a message, but she was too embarrassed. Her worry and her embarassment contradicts and she just doesn't know what to do.

As she holds her phone between her hands, contemplating, her phone suddenly rang.

"Are you feeling better?"
The message said as she opened it.

Upon looking at the name of the contact, Keira's eyes widen, her lips clasped, her heart suddenly started thumping.

Her fingers slowly typed in words as a reply.. and she finally clicked the 'send' button.

There was a fast reply and she immediately opened the message:

"Maybe you'll know if you look at your window?"

Surprised, Keira looks at her window and ran towards it. She pulled the curtains and looked down and saw a man leaning on his car, with a bruise on his face, waving at her.

Keira's mouth wouldn't close from the shock, she tried to think of what to do but she couldn't. All she knew was that her feet was already running down the stairs... To meet Patrick.

She opened the door and ran towards him.

"What are you doing here??!!" She proactively said.

"I just wanted to see if you are well now." Patrick said with a smile.

Keira's eyebrows started to meet, her mouth pouting, her eyes filled with worry.

"You shouldn't have done that!" She said as she hits Patrick's arm.
"It would've turned worse" she added.

Worriedly, Keira lifts her hand to touch the wound on Patrick's face.

"Still hurts?" Asked Keira.

His lips twitched from the pain. As he pulled Keira's away from his wound, their eyes met. Suddenly, Patrick's mind went blank. It was as if he was getting lost in a universe he has seen for the first time. All he can hear is his own breathing, his own heartbeat.

He then suddenly wakes up as he felt pain from his wound.

"Uh.. a.. little, but it's fine." He stuttered.
"Don't worry, I'm fine." He added as he smiled awkwardly, trying to pull his senses together.

"Uh.. I won't stay any longer... I just.. really wanted to see if you're fine.." Patrick said, as he tapped on Keira's head.

"Oh.. okay..." Keira softly answered.

"You take more rest." Patrick said as he placed his hands on Keira's arms, turned her towards their house door and pushed her, telling her to go inside the house.

"Are you going somewhere else?" Keira turned back and continued to ask.

"No, I'm going home... So you go in too. Patrick instructed as he pushes her back to the door.

"Okay, you drive safe..." Reminded Keira.

"I will, I will.. now go~" Patrick softly said and smiled.

Keira smiles back at him, waving, as he walks towards his car. He looks at her, smiled then took off. Keira went is as the car slowly disappeared.

Keira's stomach felt strange. It was as if there are little insects crawling inside. She doesn't feel disgusted, rather, she felt happy. Her body was uneasy, but it felt good. Her hear feels warm just from a few minutes of talk. It was a new feeling, but Keira likes this feeling. Even when she knows she shouldn't.

She went back to her room and grabbed her phone, typed in a few words and immediately went to sleep a good night.

--
"Drive safe. Good night."

Patrick reads Keira's message as he reached home. He smiles and sent a reply.
He threw his body on his bed and falls asleep.