Chapter 25: Moving Out, Moving In

It's been 2 months since Keira and Patrick last saw each other. After the racing incident, Keira has been busy preparing for her upcoming internship.

Though, she must admit, she has been waiting for Patrick to contact her as she didn't want to be the first one to reach out. Besides, she is still disappointed with the way Patrick dragged her out of his house.

She went to school today to know which hospital she'll be assigned at and whom she's going to be with and to her surprise, she was going to take her internship at C City and her co-intern in the same hospital is Patrick!

C City! She'a going back to her old place!  She was excited and anxious at the same time. Excited as she'll be seeing some old friends and going to familiar place but also anxious to be working with a guy she hasn't spoken to for some time.

She looked around to find her friends, but lowkey also looking for Patrick to see if he's around and to her dismay, he can't be found.

Keira and her friends were a little disappointed to be designated to different cites and hospitals for their internship but could not retaliate as this is their last step to graduation.

They grabbed some food and spent time together before they went home to prepare for their internship in 2 weeks.

Keira got home and looked for her parents.

"Mom, Dad. I'm home." She yelled.

Her mom came running, excited to hear which hospital she was assigned to.

"So, where were you assigned?" Asked her mom, as she pulled her daughter's bag off of her shoulder and placed it on the side table.

"Well, you won't believe where I was assigned at." Keira excitedly said

"Where?" Her dad asked, as he walks out the kitchen.

"I'm going back to C City!" She gleefully said, raising both of her hands up.

Her parents' froze for a second. Her mom takes a look at her husband to find his reaction, their eyes both filled with worry.

"Mom, dad?" Keira suddenly called.
"Are you two okay?" She added.

"Uh, yeah, yeah.. uh.. C City.." her mom mumbled.

"Honey, can't you be assigned somewhere else?" Keira's dad asked.

"What do you mean? Isn't it good to be back at our old town?" She asked, confused about her parents reaction to the news.

"Well, sweetie.. of course it is good. It's a place you're familiar with.. and.. you have friends there.. but.." her mom keeps bluffing.

"Won't it be better to be assigned at a different city? You get to see new places, meet new people.. right Honey?" Her mom continued as she looked at her husband for approval and support.

"Well, yeah! That's right! Why don't we request for you to be transferred to a different city?" Suggested her dad.

"Guys, c'mon. I like it there! I'm actually excited I'm going there!" She explained joyfully.  "Besides, I really miss our old town. I'd love to go back." She pleaded.

"But sweetie.." her mom said in a worried tone.

"Mom, I'll be okay alone. I'm big enough. I can manage and handle myself. I can take care of myself. I promise." Comforted Keira.

Little did she know that her parents worry was not about how she'll survive alone.

"I'll be fixing my things now so we can arrange my place at C City. I need to be near the hospital so I wont worry about the traffic!" She excitedly said as she ran up to her room.

Her mom took a deep breath.

"Are we really going to let her go back?" Her mom asked.

"I am worried too.. should we go back with her?" Keira's dad added.

"You know she wouldn't let us treat her like a child.."

Keira's parents were having doubts in letting their daughter go back to the place which she has tried hard to erase from her own memory. But the more they keep her from going back, the more Keira will get confused and curious.

They wanted to postpone her internship, do everything they can to stop her from going but it's going to be too obvious and there is a big chance that Keira would know it was all their doing.

In the end, Keira's parents took the risk. But made sure she is being monitored by someone they trust.

------
Two weeks went by so fast and Keira's parents were still too worried for her. But for their only child's dream, they needed to let her go.

They have arranged Keira's place and have made sure someone will be able to watch their daughter on their behalf. Keira's mom made sure she packed all the things she need before they got in the car and send her back to C City.

"Don't forget to take your vitamins everyday and to eat healthy food. I won't be there to cook for you everyday." Her mom worriedly reminded.

"I will, Mom. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself." Keira answered.

Keira's mom looked at her dad, both of them looking nervous about leaving their daughter alone but are so helpless as it is something inevitable at the moment.

A few hours and they finally got to Keira's new apartment.

"We're here." Keira's mom said. Her voice cracking, as if tears would start flowing anytime soon. 

They walked towards the elevator and headed to Keira's unit. 

"Room 1205." Keira whispered. She pulled the keys from her pocket and opened the door, her parents behind her. 

She puts her bag on the sofa and walks around her unit. She makes sure that everything she need is available.

"So, how is it, honey? Do you like it?" Keira's mom asked. 

"It's perfect, Mom! Everything I need is here. Thank you!" she excitedly said as she hugged her mom. 

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to call us, alright?" Keira's dad said. 

"Yes, sweetie. If you come across any problem, please tell us right away and will be here as soon as possible, got it?" Keira's mom added. 

"Mom, Dad, you don't have to worry about me! I will be fine." Keira assured her parents. 

"Would you want me to stay here with you tonight?" Asked Keira's mom. 

Keira laughed. 

"No need mom, I can manage." Keira laughingly said. 

"Honey, you don't have to worry much about, Keira. She'll be fine on her own" Keira's dad added as he placed his hands on his wife's shoulder to comfort her. 

"This is going to be the the first time we won't be seeing you in a long time and I am worried, that's why.." Keira's mom mumbled. 

"I'll go home during holidays, mom. Don't worry." Keira said. 

"Alright.. You said that." Her mom answered. 

"We won't take much of your time to look around and fix your things. We'll go home now." Keira's dad said as he hugged her. 

"Take care of yourself, alright?" Her dad added. 

"I will, dad." Keira answered. 

Keira walked her parents back to the parking area so she could wave them goodbye as they leave.

Upon leaving, Keira immediately goes back to her unit so she could fix her things. And as she was trying to open her door with her keys, she heard the door beside her unit unlock.  With curiosity  and the aspiration to introduce herself to her new neighbor, Keira intentionally slowed down to wait for her neighbor to come out of the door. 

As her neighbor comes out, Keira finds herself dumbfounded. It was Patrick standing right in front of her.