Part 3: A Private Tutor?

Midterms finally came where hardest lessons were taught. Keira was one of the top students now, and she is being recognized by the professors and her classmates as well.

It’s the examination period and everyone is busy reviewing and studying. She was busy reviewing at the corner of the classroom when someone sat beside her.

“Keira.”

Keira turns her head and sees Patrick smiling at her.

“What?” she asked

“Na-gget's mo ba yung computation na part?”

“Yeah.. I guess?”

“So, paano ba? Turuan mo naman mo naman ako.” Pleaded Patrick.

Hesitant, Keira pulls out a scratch paper and writes down a computation problem. Patrick was seriously listening to her, his face 5 inches away from Keira, trying to jot down and carefully understand the explanation Keira is giving.

Keira stops teaching and looks at Patrick. He looks back at her with a questioning look.

“Amoy sigarilyo ka.” Mahinang sinabi ni Keira.

“Ay. Sorry.” said Patrick as he pulled his face away from Keira.

“Sinasabi ko lang… do you get it tho?” Keira tried to confirm as she finished explaining.

“Yeah, I guess?.” tumutungong sagot ni Patrick

Keira nodded as she looks back at her notes.

“Thanks!” said Patrick as he tapped Keira’s shoulders.

“Hmm” Keira lifts her eyebrows as a response to him.

Few minutes later, the exam proctor has arrived. It is the last exam for the term and everyone is excited to finish the exam early and have some fun afterwards.

The bell rang, and one by one the students got up to pass their papers. Keira gets up after rechecking her answers and passed her examination paper. As she leaves the door, Patrick followed her and placed his arms on her shoulders.

“Thanks sa technique. I think I did great on the exam, especially sa computation part.” Patrick said habang nakangiti at nakatingin kay Keria.

Keira looks at Patrick’s arms then immediately turned her head towards the front. She gave him a faint smile but before she uttered a word, Patrick hurriedly ran to his friends and in a few seconds, he was gone.

“Where you wanna go tonight?” asked Gabby, who came out of the room just right after Patrick left.

“uh. Huh?” Keira answered unconsciously.

“You wanna hang out tonight with the girls?”

“Sure, sure” said Keira.

“But I can’t be outside too late.” She reminded Gabby.

“Yeah, I know.. So.. let’s meet at J Mall at around 7pm?”

“Yep. I’ll be there.”

Keira immediately pulled out her phone as she walks to the parking lot.

“Hello, Dad? I will be out for dinner tonight with some friends. Is it okay if I bring the convertible?” Keira asks.

“Thay car's too catchy in the eyes, don’t you think? Baka naman mapahamak ka kapag yun ang dadalhin mo..” Keira’s dad said, worriedly.

“Sa mall lang naman ako, Daddy. And if ever, I’ll ask  Kuya Kiko to fetch me if masyado nang gabi.” She said, reassuring her father.

“Not later than 12, okay?”

“Yes, daddy. Thank you!” Keira said excitedly as she opens her car’s door.

She starts her car and puts on her seatbelt. As she was driving out of the parking lot, her peripheral view caught the image of  guy and a girl kissing inside another car.

“When will he ever do that in private?” she said at the back of her mind.

She drove away and headed home. She went up her room, took a shower and get dressed. She puts on a light makeup.

It’s now 6:15PM and she’s finished preparing. She runs to her parent’s room and gets the car keys.

“Mommy! Pinayagan ako ni Daddy na dalhin yung convertible tonight!” she shouted as she grabbed the car keys.

“No need to wait for me for dinner. I’ll be home by 12.”

“Make sure you update me and your dad, okay? And if you’re too scared to drive, give Kiko a call.” Said her mom.

“Will do! See you later!” Keira bid goodbye as she kissed her mom.

She went to the garage, started the car and headed to J Mall. She was 20 minutes early so she decided to go around and take a stroll.

Oh, how she wanted to buy so many stuff, but she knew she wasn’t there to go shopping alone, so she suppressed herself to wait for her friends.

There is still 10 minutes left and she still hasn’t heard from her friends.
While strolling, She passed by a bookstore and decided to get in.

She loved reading books when she was younger, and when she had the time. But when she got to college, the only books she was reading were all her subject books, no more-no less. It has been a very long time since she was able to finish a novel and the sight and smell of books excites her.
It was as if she was in cloud nine.

She passed by every section, trying to find a book that she would love to read. He eyes were twinkling, her lips were smiling, a smile nobody was able to see before. She lifts her hands and was about to grab a book when her phone rang.

“Kei, san ka?”

It was gabby on the phone.

“I’m at the bookstore. Where you guys at?” she asked and walked out from the bookstore.