Part 18: Call It A Date

With the stress Keira has been receiving, Gian can't help but worry for her mental health, so he wanted to give her a little surprise. It was a Saturday morning and Keira was still asleep when her phone suddenly rang. 

With her eyes half-closed, she picked up her phone and heard a familiar sweet voice. 

"Good morning. Did I wake you up?" Gian asked. 

"Hey, good morning. It's okay. What's the matter?" Keira spoke in a soft tone. 

"I was just wondering if you're not busy today?"

"Uh.. not really. I'm almost done with the paperwork, so I guess I won't be that busy today." She explains.

"I'd like to take you out on a date if that's okay with you," Gian said

"A date?" Keira shyly asked.

"Yeah. I know you've been feeling stressed lately and you haven't had time to relax so.." 

"Uh.. yeah, sure," Keira replied. 

"I'll pick you up, maybe after lunch? This way we'll have the whole afternoon to spend," suggested Gian. 

"Alright. I'll see you later then," Keira excitedly said. 

"See you." 

After the phone call, Keira immediately went out of her bed and ran downstairs to look for her mom. She wanted to let her mom know that she will be out for the afternoon and that she will be with Gian. 

"Oh, so you two are going on a date, eh?" Her mom teased. 

"Uh, I think?" Keira chuckled. 

The bond between Keira and her mom is undeniable. She can tell secrets without being embarrassed, and since she is the only child, she didn't want to keep anything from her parents. They are the only family she has, who else can she share everything and anything with? 

--

It's 1 pm and Keira is sitting on the couch, waiting for Gian's call. She was getting impatient as to when Gian was arriving that she kept looking at the window to see if a car is pulling off. A few minutes, and she hears a car engine turn off in front of the house. She stood up and ran towards the door. 

Gian got out of the car and waited for the door to open. Keira then goes outside to meet him and walked towards the car. She was smiling brightly and Gian had nothing to do but admire the beauty of the lady in front of him. 

He walked towards her to take a closer look then opened the door for her. With just smiling at each other, they already understood what each other meant with those looks. She went inside the car and Gian then went to the driver's seat. He looked at Keira one more time and leaned towards her. Keira, startled, held her breath as she watched Gian fix the seatbelt for her. She let her breath out once Gian was done putting on his seatbelt and drove off. 

Both were nervous and excited for today's date, they kept quiet in the first few minutes of the drive. Keira wanted to break the silence so she spoke. 

"So.. where are we going today?" she asked. 

"Is there anywhere you want to go to?" Gian asked her back. 

Keira went silent for a moment. 

"He has plans, doesn't he?" she thought to herself. 

"Well.." 

"If there is somewhere you wanna go, I can cancel the other arrangements I prepared for today," Gian suggested. 

"Oh, no, no! I'm good with anything." Keira explained.