Part 15: A Chance to Get closer

The night has gotten deeper and the dinner has finally finished. The Mendozas sent the Cruz cousins outside the villa. Upon reaching the entrance to the villa, Keira gave her parents a look, as if asking if she could go with them and send them to their unit. 

Keira's dad gave her an approving nod.

She smiled at her dad and walked with Gian, side by side. Before leaving, Gian looks at Keira's parents and thanked them for their kindness and hospitality. 

"Thank you so much for the scrumptious dinner, Tito and Tita." He said. 

"Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Mendoza. We had a great time meeting you." Added Liza. 

"That's nothing. Let's have  dinner again next time you visit." Replied Keira's dad. 

"We'll see you again, Gian."  Keira's mom said as she hugged the boy. 

"Yes, Tita," Gian replied. 

Keira and Gian were walking behind the rest of the group. Their hands brushing with each other. the atmosphere was calm, it was warm. Keira feels happy and nervous at the same time. She didn't know what to say, words just won't come out of her mouth. 

Gian, upon feeling the growing awkwardness between them started speaking,

"I didn't know you own the resort," he stated. 

"I don't... My parents do." Keira jokingly replied.

Gian chuckled at what she said.

"Right, right." Said Gian.

They silently walked. The cold breeze from the beach touching their skin, the stars twinkle in the clear night skies as the moon guides their path. The sound of the waves served as sweet music in their ears.

Their hands brushed with each other and a stinging feeling started rushing on their veins. Keir kept herself composed until they reached the guest rooms. Gian's cousins said their goodbyes as they entered their respective rooms while Gian stays out longer to spend a few more minutes with Keira.

"So...good night?" Keira said upon realizing that there were only the two of them outside.

"Uh.. Let me send you back." Suggested Gian.

"Oh, no, no. No need." Keira refused.
"It's late.. And.. You need to rest." She added.

Gian chuckled.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that? It's precisely late, that's why I want to send you back." Explained Gian.

"Then who sends you back here?"

"I'll be fine to go back alone. C'mon."
Gian places his hands on Keira's shoulders and turns her. He started pushing her from the back to make her walk back to the villa.

"So.. Do you have any more plans while you're here?" Gian suddenly asks as they walked back.

"Uh.. Shay and I are planning to go hiking, maybe next week.." Keira answered.

"Oh.. Have you decided where?" He asks.

"Not yet. Would you like to come?" Keira asked back.

"Can I?" He teasingly asked.

"Yes, of course! That'd be great.. Actually.. " Keira mumbled.

Gian smiled and nodded. 

"It's settled, then."

Upon realizing, they have both reached the entrance to the villa.

"We're here," Keira said as she paused from walking.