Part 8: The Nicer Guy

In the following days and weeks, all Keira did was to remove the thoughts of Patrick. Not that she wanted him in a romantic way, but she was just too amused at what she heard, she can't believe it.

Apparently, it was successful for her. Finals came, and examinations are coming. Everyone is busy reviewing and studying again. The library is full, even the lobby and resting places and cafeterias are filled with students holding their notes, studying. Because of this, Keira and her friends decided to have a group study at a nearby café for the rest of the days before exam. This way they will be able to help eachother review and even ask for help in case they don't understand a lesson.

It was the last night of their review and Keira was taking break from studying. She stood up and as she was heading towards the cashier to order another cup of coffee, the café's entrance door opened and to her surprise, she sees Gian. Upon realizing, Gian smiled at Keira and headed towards her direction.

"You're here to study too?" asked Gian as he turns towards the menu board to order his coffee.

"Uh, yeah. Im with Gabby and the rest of the group." Keira answered. "Are you alone?" she added.

"Yep.. uh one chochochip frappe, a slice of blueberry cheesecake and... Banana nut" Gian said, as he also took his order. "Were you about to order anything?" he immediately asked.

"Uh.. yeah... 1 chocochip frappe for me too." She added.

Keira was about to pull some cash from her wallet when Gian stopped her.

"My treat." He said, smiling, and paid for the food.

"But.." Keira was about to utter something when Gian pushed her towards their table

"I'll bring it over." Gian said as he waited at the counter.

Keira slowly walked back to their table feeling a little embarrassed. Unconsciously, Keira's lips smiled. She happily sat down her seat and grabbed the book she was reading.

"Are you okay?" asked Gabby. "You seem to be in a good mood." She added

"Huh? Uh.. I'm okay.. I'm okay." Keira answered with a smile on her face.

"Ha. Okay." Gabby replied happily and went back to review.

A few minutes later, a cup of frappe and a slice of blueberry cheesecake was placed in front of Keira. Everyone looked at the guy and to their surprise, it was Gian.

"Oh, Gian! You're here too?" asked Mia.

"Yeah, I'm about to review too." answered Gian

"Are you alone? Why don't you join us?" said Diane, giving Keira that weird, teasing look.

"Would that be okay?" asked Gian.

"Ofcourse! Right, Kei?" said Mia.

Keira gave her friends a mad-like look to warn them to stop with the teasing as Gian looked at her as if waiting for her confirmation. Keira nodded and Gian gave her a warm smile. He grabs a chair and sat beside Keira.

"I didn't order a cheesecake tho." Said Keira.

"I ordered that for you." Said Gian as he pulls out his books and reviewers.

Upon hearing his words, the rest of the group gave them a little tease.

"I won't be surprised if our class develops a new couple in the next semester." Teased Mia as the rest was laughing, enjoying the idea.

Keira rolled her eyes and ignored her friends and continued with the study.

Throughout the night, aside from reviewing, Keira and Gian has become the group's personal tutor as they were constantly asked to explain certain lessons which were hard to understand.

It's past 12MN and they are still at the café, reviewing, when Keira's phone suddenly rang.

"Hello, daddy?" she answered softly, "I'm still at the café, dad, Im with friends reviewing."

Because she was an only child, her parents were somehow protective of her. They won't be able to sleep at night until their daughter is home, safe. That is why they never really allowed her to stay late at night.

"I brought my car, daddy. You don't have to worry." Keira told her dad. 

Upon hearing this, Gian looks at Keira.

"Do you need to go home now?" He asked.

"No. It's fine." Replied Keira as she gives Gian a faint smile.

"Are you sure?" Gian tried to confirm.

"Yep. Don't worry." Replied Keira.

"Okay..."

The night went on and their eyes are starting to get heavy, their brains already drifting, as if asking for rest. Their bodies already want to lie down on their soft beds and get a good rest.

It's 3am and the rest of the group started to pack their things up.

"I really can't anymore.. let's go home.." Pleaded Mia, as she lays her head on the table.

"Alright, alright." Said Keira, "Let me send you guys home."

"I'll help you send them home.." Offered Gian as he started fixing his things.

"Are you sure?" Asked Keira.

"Yep. As I remember, Mia and Diane goes the same way as I do. I can drop them off."

"Oh, okay. Sorry to trouble you." Keira replied with an apologetic look.

"No problem." Gian said, smiling at her.

They went out of the café and headed to the parking lot.

"We'll go ahead." Said Keira, as she waved her hands goodbye to Mia, Diane and Gian.

Upon entering the car, and while fixing her seat belt, her phone suddenly lighted up. It was a message frome Gian.

She tried to look at the guy's direction but the other cars were blocking her view.

"Drive safely. Message me when you're home." The message said.

Keira bit her lower lip. She can't explain if it was happiness or embarassment that she is feeling.. but it wasn't a feeling she usually gets everyday.

"I will. You too." She replied.

Keira starts her engine and sends Gabby and the rest of the girls home.