Part 23: Today, I will be your Saviour

Keira then ran towards Patrick.

"You don't have to do this, Keira. Please." Patrick continued to plead.

"Trust me." Said Keira as she tried to carry him to her car to be taken cared of.

"Are you sure about this?" Asked Patrick as Keira tried to clean the wounds on his face.

"I am." Keira stiffly answered.
Her face looked really serious but her eyes shows feeling of worry for the man infront of her.

She knew for herself that she can't leave this guy alone and let him be beat up by those thugs. She had to do something.

After making sure Patrick was feeling more comfortable and much better, she drove off to the near race track where the rest of the thugs were waiting for her arrival.

Patrick, even when feeling sore, did his best to be the first to get off the car and talk to the thugs' leader.

"Cross, let's not take this any further,"  he said. "Let her go, and you can have me all you want." He continued to plead.

He knows for himself that this is not a good idea and he wants to do everything to refrain Keira from doing this.

Cross laughed. "C'mon man, she was the one who wanted to do this, I was just... Giving her what she wants!"

"Please, just let her go." Patrick holding onto the big man's shoulder, crumpling the man's shirt while writhing in pain from all the punches he received.

The big guy pulled the weak man's hands off, letting him fall back to the ground.

The frustration Patrick is feeling right now could not be contained. He wanted to do something, but we he was too weak. It was the first time he felt so weak that he can't even defend himself.

Keira ran towards Patrick to pick him up. She brought him to a corner where he would be safe and feel a little comfortable.

"Stay here and don't move. I'll make sure to win this and be right back in a while." Keira reassured Patrick.

Patrick sighed. He knew the girl's mind was set and there was no turning back. He was so helpless.

Just right after Keira turned her back to run to her car, Patrick grabbed her arm. She stops and looked at the very injured man holding her.

"Please.. be careful.." he mumbled.

Keira smiled and nodded. She tapped Patrick's wounded hand, a sign that tells him to trust her, that it will be okay, she will be okay.

Patrick slowly let Keira's hand go as she ran towards Cross.

"Let's get this over with." Keira fiercely said.

Cross, who's now taking more interest on this brave little girl infront of him, smiled at her teasingly as he spread his arm, pointing towards Keira's car, as if humbly asking her to gently go ahead of him.

------

The sound of engines and smoke from the cars' exhaust are filling the wide open space . The smell of gasoline is like a perfume in the senses of the guys gathered in the track. Everyone was cheering for their leader, Cross.

Keira, who sits in her car, becomes a little uneasy.

She breathes deeper each time, looking at the road in front of her. Her hand's grip on the steering wheel becomes tighter as images started to flash right before her: a race track, a race car, a race game.

She doesn't understand where these images are coming from, but aside from the confusion, her body Is feeling a sense of familiarity.

Unknowingly, she pushed on the gas gauge harder. She looks at the man on the car next to her, her eyes filled with so much fire.

Cross looks back at her and smirks.
She turned her eyes back on the track.

Right now, she has one goal: to defeat Cross and get to the finish line so she can get out of that place with Patrick.

One of Cross' guy went in between of the cars with the flags on his hands. The race is about to start. Keira pushed on the gas gauge to ready her engine in 30 seconds, she's going all the way out of the starting line.

As the flags went down, Keira pushed on her gas gauge and drove.

The feeling of anxiousness was taking over her, her worry for Patrick was clouding her head more than her own safety.

Cross was ahead of her multiple meters and she's left behind. She shifts her gear so she can catch up.

As she speeds up, unknown pictures on her head flashes again. This makes her more unfocused until an image of herlself, wearing racing gears and smiling shows up.

She shook her head, trying to focus on the track. But questions on her mind keeps bothering her: why is her brain showing her images she's never seen before? Was it a vivid dream that she once had or are they real?

She has passed the first lap but she is still behind.

She pressed on the gas gauge to catch up and all that she tried to focus on was to win. She set her eyes on the road, held on to the gear shift and started drifting the car through track curves.

Eventually, she passed her 3rd lap, leaving the other guy behind her.
She's got 2 more laps to end this game.

With an intensified desire to end this game, Keira's adrenaline rushed allowing her to get more confident and pushed the gas gauge to speed up.

Event the rest of the thugs were surprised at the speed she's at that Cross could not even catch up to her and in a matter of 10 minutes, Keira crossed the finish line.

She breathed heavily as she pulled the car break and as the car came to a total stop, her heart dropped with it.

She won, she did it, but how?? How did she manage to do that? What is this mixed feeling of fulfilment, fear and astonishment on what she's done?

She shook off these thoughts and went out the car.

"You have to keep your promise or I'm dialling to call the police." Keira threatened as she showed them her phone dialling the emergency number.

Cross looked at her fiercely as he breathed heavily.

"This is not the end of it!" He shouted, as he left with total disappointment.

The rest of the group left leaving Keira on the race track. Keira took a deep breath of relief and rushed to Patrick to let him know that everything's done.

She finds the unconscious man at the side of the road and before he even knows it, Keira had already carried him to her car and drove away from the place.