Part 5: A Secret Admirer?

It's now 11PM and everyone is still having fun, as if no one is getting tired. It seems like they have reserved all their energy for today, that even with so many drinks they had, they are still sober. It was getting tiring for Keira.

"Okay, let's have a game!!!" suggested Miguel.

"Nako, lasing na si Migs! Magpapagame na!!" shouted Paulo. Everyone laughs.

"Since may Karaoke, let's have a karaoke battle!!!!" suggested Miguel. "Very easy game, just gotta have the highest score!!" he added.

Everyone was ecstatic it was because whenever Miguel suggests a game, a surprising price is given. 

They all point out their pick for the game.

"Si Kei!! Si Kei!!" shouted Gabby as their friends cheered.

"No, not me!" whispered Keira. "Gabby..."  she pleaded

"Okay, Keira from that side!" Announced Miguel. "Who else?"

"Me!" volunteered Eujene and 3 more.

"Huy, ayoko kumanta, nakakahiya.." said Keira.

She's not used to having audience when she sings. She wasn't confident enough. She didn't want to be embarrassed because of a low score in a Karaoke.

The rest of the contestants were excitedly singing their songs, one after another. Their scores. 90, 94, 89, 85. It was Keira's turn. The last one. She was hoping she won't be the least. She was hesitant to grab the mic, but Gabby grabs it for her and places it in her hands. Keira gives Gabby a worried look while Gabby and the rest of her friends were cheering on her.

"Go, Kei!! Show them what you got!!" Shouted Mia.

Her chosen song started playing. It was Paramore's 'My Heart', her favorite song. She looks down to avoid seeing the rest of the people in the room. She was really embarrassed, but she would be more embarrassed if she scored the lowest in this game. Not that she's a bad singer.. she knew for herself she can sing. She's not just confident enough. 

The words on the screen started to appear, the countdown started. Keira bravely opened her mouth and started singing. She looked at Gabby and gave her a worried look, but Gabby gave her a "You can do it" response. 

Keira gathered her courage, took a deep breath and started singing. Everyone's attention was on her the moment she opened her mouth until the song finished. They were astonished. They were surprised to hear her sing for the first time and it wasn't bad as they imagined. It was way better. Keira has a very beautiful voice. A voice that fits exactly the song she sang. Everyone applauded. They were shouting, cheering her on.

Keira was surprised to see such reaction but it made her breathe easier. Finally, she was done singing. Now the only thing that matters is the score. Without a doubt, everyone knew Keira was gonna win, and the karaoke machine did not fail them. Keira got a score of 97! Everyone was shouting. It was a deserved win.

"We have a winner!" announced Migs. Everyone was cheering and clapping their hands in joy and excitement.

Keira's face brightened. She suddenly smiled, still a little embarrassed. Those who saw her immediately fell in love. She was very beautiful when she smiled but she would seldom do so. Keira looks around, unknowingly, she was trying to find someone. But he wasn't at his seat anymore. He's nowhere to be found.

'nakaalis na ba siya?'

The smile disappeared from her face. She faked a smile as Migs came close to her, holding a paper bag.

"As promised, may prize for the winner and here it is!" he said.

Keira received the prize and opens it in front of everyone. She grabs a box from the paper bag and as she opens it, she sees the latest model of the Polaroid camera she always wanted to have! But it wasn't only the camera inside the paper bag. There was also a book included. Keira grabs it and as she slowly pulls it out, another surprised look appeared on her face.

'It was the book I wanted to buy earlier at the bookstore!'

"Oh" muttered Migs. He was confused to see the book as well and wanted to ask but he kept it to himself. Besides, if it actually belonged to someone, the person could've already claimed ownership. He shrugged it off and went back to making the party more lively by suggesting more games.

Keira gets back to her seat, still confused as to how the book is now in her hands.

'How did Migs know I wanted this book?'

'The winner was unknown until the end of the game.. could the scores be manipulated?'

'did Migs actually stalked me??' 

These thoughts wont leave Keira's mind. She was puzzled as to how she received the book without anyone actually knowing she wanted it. She gazes at Migs, looked back at the book and the camera. It was such a coincidence..

The night went on and more of them became already drunk. Gabby and the rest of Keira's friends were drunk, while the boys were still awake. Some of their classmates had already left because of drunkenness and those who were left behind are slowly falling asleep. Keira stood up and went out the room, took her phone and mad a call.

"Kuya Kiko? Pwede mo po ba ako sunduin? I'm at J Mall. Can you also bring van type car? Hatid kasi sana natin friends ko." Keira said on the phone.

"Okay po, ma'am. Mga 20 Minutes po nandyan na ako." Answered Kuya Kiko

"Okay po, kuya. Thank you and ingat po kayo."

Keira ended the phone calla and went back inside the room. She walked to her friends and one by one spoke to them, announcing that the driver is coming so they have to tell her their complete addresses to be able to take them home.

20 minutes and Keira received a call from Kuya Kiko, telling her that he's arrived. She asked Kuya Kiki to go up the restaurant and help her carry her friends to the car.

"Migs, thanks so much for the prize! We'll go ahead." Keira said as she bid goodbye to everyone.

"No worries! Really hope you liked it!" replied Migs as he waved goodbye.

Keira then went out of the room and followed the driver outside.

"I brought my car, Kuya, so sundan ko nalang kayo." Keira told the driver

"Okay po, Mam."

She then headed to the parking lot to get her car. She opened her car's windows and roof so she could get some nice breeze as she drives. As she leaves the parking lot, she sees a familiar back view of a man, smoking. She steps on the gas and passed him by. She glanced at her rear view mirror to have a clearer view of who the man was but failed. As she got out of the parking lot, Kuya Kiko was already waiting for her. They went on a convoy and after about an hour and a half, they were finally able to go home.

"Thank you, Kuya Kiko." said Keira as she goes inside the house. She went straight to her room and dropped her tired body on her bed.

'What a tiring day.'

She closed her eyes and eventually fell asleep.