Chapter 4

Recap:

"Ziva is that you?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Yes, who else would it be, frankenstein?" I roll my eyes.

"Why are you here, Ziva?" Gibbs gets to the point.

"There has been a security breach at Mossad, meaning i have to protect my father." My voice sounds dull.

"You came here, by force or choice."

"Force." I say coldly and turn to them. "I did not want to come here, if worst comes to worst, i have to give up my life for a man that i hate and unfortunately has his position as boss and father. I have to live with him, do you know how annoying it is?" I turn back to face the elevator door.

"Annoying?" Tony implies.

"You have no idea," I say quietly absentmindly scratching the new cuts on my arm.

"Something wrong with your arm?" Gibbs points out. I quickly look down to realise my fingers are clawing away at my skin.

"Huh, no nothing." I reach out and turn the elevator back to life.

"So, you're a Mossad agent now, he demoted you to best agent, not daughter. Why is that?" Gibbs says.

"In Mossad, daughter means someone who is weak. My father has many... disciplinary levels that each person has to stand. In the Mossad world, someone who can not take 5 minutes of.... pain is considered a daughter, someone to protect. 5-10 minutes means they are a married position, you can only withstand certain amounts of pain. To be called the best Mossad agent means you can stand long periods of pain at one time or at the same time." I finish off my explanation.

"How long can you stand?" McGee asks.

"More than 168 hours, different pains at different times in one punishment." The elevator doors slide open and i fish out the key to the black, fireproof land rover. I click the unlock button once and walk to the drivers saide. Aware of McGee, DiNozzo and Gibbs behind me, i place my finger on the scanner and say 3 simple words.

"Wake Up Atlanta." The car lights flicker on as it recognizes my voice and DNA.

"Woken Up, Ziva." The car's technical voice replies back to me.

"Atlanta, Locate the Security Breach Files." I stand there waiting.

"Security Breach Files Located, in the drivers side secret compartment in door, Ziva." I swing open the door and use one of my concealed knifes to make a slit in the door fabric. Sure enough, there is a Apple computer and Iphone. My fingers pull out the computer and i slide my Iphone into my hoodie pocket.

"Anything else Atlanta?" I slam the door closed.

"Not yet at the moment," The car starts talking when she is interrupted by a ringing noise.

"Ziva, Emma is calling me. Recieve or Hang Up." The car asks me.

"Tell her to call me back later, Atlanta." I quickly decide.

"Too late." Emma's voice fills the car's speakers.

"Sorry, Ziva her connection hacked mine."

"Of course it did Atlanta, Emma whats wrong?"

" Dad left his... wait are you on buisness or pleasure?" She asks.

"If by force you mean business and if you mean like not wanting to be here by pleasure then..." I trail off.

"Call me back later i'm right in the middle of something." I bite my lip, turning to face Gibbs, McGee and DiNozzo.

"But-"

"Emma." I cut her off. "Call me back later, ok? I've gotta go sis, Atlanta end call."

"Bye sis," Then Emma's voice gets turned off.

"Call ended, Ziva. Permission to shut down?"

"Atlanta, code purple defences please. Shut Down."

"Atlanta shutting down..." Her voice fades away and the car locks itself.

"We need to hurry up." I say and walk to the elevator. We all file in and the door slams shut. Gibbs turns off the power.

"Who was that?" Gibbs asks me.

"Atlanta, the car. Programmed from headquarters. Emma ,my half-sister, calling from Israel." I finsih and turn the power back on. I reach into my pocket and pull out my ear piece, making sure its now turned on i put it in my ear. The doors finally open and i find my father glaring at me from the stairs as i walk out of the lift.

"Engineering Problem." I say in English and walk to him with the computer in hand.

"Load it up in the director's office," He says in Hebrew and Jenny lets me into her office. I plug it into her presentation board and turn the computer on. Abby, Ducky, Gibbs, McGee, DiNozzo, Jenny, my father and the rest of my team it down on one of the chairs. My brain clicks into action and types in the 60- word password to unlock the computer. I then open the Mossad database and log in as myself with the security code enabled. I'm head agent, so i have all security clearances.

"The database was logged in as..." I start and quickly type away at the keys. The silenced board room is filled by the clicking of the letters. Its like i'm writing a novel on a type writer.

"An unknown server was logged on at 6:46 am yesterday morning. 5 minutes later, we lost connection for 3 minutes then when we reconnected, certain files were accessed and wiped clean."

"Which files?" Jenny speaks up. I smile as i type.

"2 Mossad files, one personnel- Security Passwords, Tracking Devices and the personnel was labelled Ziva David." I look up to glare in my fathers eyes.

"Who made the file, father." If looks could kill.

"Me, when i decided it was time to bring you home,"

"Do you have a copy of it?"

"On my file," He answers watching for any emotions. He hands over a file, I take it while still staring him in the eye.

"What are you thinking?" He finally asks me in English.

"Ways to kill you. A drug overdose would be effective but requires a history of prior use, a bullet in the heart would be nice but bullet could be tracked. Blowing you up is of course amazing but I'd have to sacrifice other agents to get to you. Or i could knife you but fingerprints...." I complete my analysis in English.

"Very well thought out,"

"I'll take that as an compliment."