Chapter 14

"Chummy, give me full background." I say and slam my aprtment door shut after everyone is through.

"Mosad trainee Ruby Redfort, 25 years old grew up in Britain, joined Mossad in 2010. Father and mother died 2 years ago in a house fire. No siblings." She yells out in a military order. I grab a whiteboard marker and put 'Ruby Redfort' in a spider web. I then, write the information i just learnt around the name.

"Relationships and Mossad evaluations." I turn around back to my team.

"No official boyfriend," Rica winks at me.

"Official boyfriend?" Gibbs asks.

"In Mossad, you have to have written permission to have any romantic relationship with another officer or agent. My father usually dumps the paperwork on me." I grimace. "Evaluation?" I move on.

"Yep, she is in top physical condition, psychology examinations came back fine. In the past week, she's gone to the medical room twice a day and got a sick pass for physical work."

"Who examined her?" I ask.

"Charlie, she was the medical on site." Rica looks up from her computer. I dig my phone out of my pocket and speedial Charlie.

"Ziva, i got the body fully autopsied."

"Good, i need you to bring up the full body assessment you did on Ruby Redfort."

"How did you know about that?" Charlie says.

"Just get your butt up here." I hang up.

"Charlie's bringing the body assessment for us." I smile sweetly.

"Like you gave her a choice." Coco giggles. I pull the pin out of my hair and let it float down my back.

"I can kill you with this hairclip." I walk over to her and drop it on her head. Theres a knock on the door and Charlie comes in carrying a thick wad of papers.

"Evaluation on Ruby Redfort," I flick through the papers.

"Bruises, signs of violence. Cuts to the arms, legs, stomach. Look like torture wounds." She stops and looks at me.

"And?" I quickly ask her to go on.

"Complained of severe stomach pain and kept throwing up blood. Hadn't eaten anything in about 2 weeks, severely dehyrdated." She finishes.

"And Director David let her do physical?" I ask.

"Yes he actually demanded her to." Charlie closes the file.

"I'll be back, by the time i get back. You need a theory." I say and turn to the door.

"How?" My team shout in unison.

"Co-ordiante. I already have a theory just need the last bit of evidence to prove it." I smirk and close the door. As i walk down the hallways i start thinking. What about if Ruby Refort had an relationship with someone. What if? No, she wouldn't be? It would explain the sickness, the stomach pain, the physical activity. Twisting on my heel, i run back to the apartment. I swing open the door making everyone jump.

"Got a... theory." I double over clutching a stitch in my side. "Crap." I stand straight and grab another marker. I start writing an identical spiderweb but with my theory and the causes around it.

"So, your theory?" Rica asks after minutes of silence.

"Charlie, can you do this?" I pull her over to a small spider diagram.

"Give me 10 minutes," She exits the room.

"Has anyone seen Zippy?" I ask.

"Yep." We turn to look at the person who just spoke from the doorway. It's Zippy, dripping wet and looking murderous.

"I spent an hour wading through bloody water to find a murder weapon that wasn't even there." He mutters through gritted teeth.

"You look..." Coco starts.

"I will be in the shower if you need me." And he walks out the door.

"Boss, you have to do the coffee run for a month." Chummy smirks.

"I've never lost a bet. By the end of this case there will be a murder weapon in a lake." I smile to myself. Charlie comes sprinting in.

"Got the results, your theory is right." She grins.

"Boss? Theory?" My team look completely confused.

"Got any handcuffs guys?" I joke to them as I walk over to the board and spin it to the side with my theory annotated on it.

"DNA matches Zippy's." I look out the window.

"Zippy killed Ruby because she was pregnant?" Rica looks as if she'd seen a ghost.

"No, he killed her just after she had the baby." I pull my hair to the side.

"So there's a missing baby." Gibbs asks.

"Zippy probably has the baby somewhere. We just need to get Zippy. His fingerprints are going to be all over the murder weapon." I grimace.

"What murder weapon?" Coco asks.

"When we arrived at the lake, I found the gun floating by the side. I had it picked up and analysed when you guys weren't looking. Now, who wants to play a game of cat and mouse?" I raise an eye brow.

"I just can't believe it." my team echo their thoughts as we all walk down the hallway. We come to a halt outside Zippy's apartment. We all draw our guns out and I signal for Gibbs team to move against the wall. I count down from 3 and Rica kicks down the door. I run in first to find Zippy packing a bag on the sofa.

"You all stay with him. I'll go find the baby," I keep my gun trained on him still and open the door to his bedroom. There in a cot lays a little baby sleeping peacefully, blissfully unaware. I put my gun in my holster but not before checking the room quickly. The baby's eyes opens showing dark brown irises. Her lips are ruby red and her complexion is tanned brown. If you look closely, you see the resemblance of the baby to her parents. A home made name tag on her wrist names her as Annalisa Redfort. I put my hands in the cot and quietly lift her out. She looks at me intently before stretching out to wrap her tiny arms around my neck. Her legs wrap around my rib cage and she snuggles into me. I hoist her onto one hip, keeping her legs and arms around me and walk back into the main room where everyone is waiting.

"What's going to happen to her?" Zippy is the first person to notice me walking in. Every one turns to look at me with the sleeping baby on my arm.

"She'll probably go to Social Services. Or my father will sort her out," I reply softly.

"Why did you kill her?" Charlie asks.

"The emotions I had been concealing for so long collided together and turned me into a monster. I know it's a sign of weakness, but I'm sorry." Zippy looks down to his feet.

"I have no words to describe this right now," I say quietly.

"What's in these bags?" I indicate the duffel bags stuffed with things.

"Annalisa's things. I needed to get away." He admits. 

"Rica, Coco take him to interrogation and alert the director of the event. Get his confession signed and sent off, make several copies and close the case file. Chummy grab the bag and lets go back to the apartment. NCIS, you're with me." I take control and everyone moves into action. We walk down to my apartment and open the door quietly. I take Annalisa into my room and tuck her into my bed with blankets surrounding her. 

This chapter was so cute to write!  The picture should be Annalisa, its actually Renesmee Cullen from Twilight but she matches the child look i wanted to. I'll try to update tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxx