Chapter 23

"What does it say?" I ask.

"Read for yourself." She passes me a scrunched up piece of paper.

"You take a picture of it first? It's evidence." I quickly check with her.

"Yep." And with that I slowly uncrumple the piece of paper, the David family tree.

I scan the paper, my heart pounding.

"Evidence bag." I say gruffly and pass it to Rica who is now standing around the body with Coco and Chummy.

"Charlie, you are going to say to me that his blood sugar levels are like a kid on a sugar high. Yep?" I quickly say as she opens her mouth to speak.

"Word for word." she smiles at me.

"How did you know that, Ziva?" Gibbs asks.

"Coco, please explain." I say and lower myself onto knees to take a look at the body.

"As a Mossad agent, you are trained in your 5 senses crazily. Some people are stronger than others in different senses. For example, I know that there is going to be a cargo plane flying over us in 24 seconds using my sense of hearing. And Ziva, you broke your own rule." Coco nudges me.

"Which one?"

"3. Don't be a smart ass."

"Well, theoretically you should know this using your senses and second, rules are meant to be broken." I point a finger at her.

"Knew that. totally knew that."

"Don't be a smart ass then." I grin at her. She looks at me speechless.

"I underestimated you Daveeeeeeed."

"And I thought you would get to work and get this analysed." I hold up the paper.

"How long do your hangovers last?" She asks curiously.

"Why?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You seem more grumpy today." She whines.

"Because you are annoying me. I swear we could just get a machine and replace you." I threaten her playfully.

"You wouldn't." she raises a hand to her heart.

"I would if you don't start working like your $80,000 pay cheque says you do." I shove her playfully.
"Or do I have to use your pay cheque to pay for the amounts of paperclips I will be buying?"

"Ok ok. No one touches my pay roll. Checking my information on the dead guy and printing it back at headquarters." She puts her hands up in mock surrender.

"It's not that much money, don't be so insecure about it." I motion for Charlie to load the body into the van.

"How much do you get paid a year then?" Chummy joins the conversation.

"That is a very personal question." I say as we all walk together towards the car. "$160,000" I say quickly.

"What?" They all stop in their tracks and look at me.

"You get $160,000 a year and we only $80,000. I wanna payrise!" They whine.

"God you guys are worse than 3 year olds. If you wanna payrise ask the director of not, lets actually get in the car so we can solve the murder."