Chapter 13

My father, my team and the NCIS team swallow loudly.

"I won't shoot you," I raise an eyebrow and clip my gun back into its side holster.

"Yet." I almost whisper looking to my father.

"We. Need. Food." My team are doubled over, sweating massively.

"Has my father fed you yet?" I look at the NCIS team.

"We just ate." My father says.

"You have got to have food Zi." Rica groans.

"4-seater sofa, my team. Everyone else, you got the long sofa." I turn on my heel.

"What cases have we got since i got back?" I sit cross-legged on my arm chair watching my team stuff their faces with food.

"We've got nothing boss," Zippy says through a stuffed mouthful. I grab a pen and chuck it at him.

"Oww," He squeals his mouth still full of food. I give him a what-the-hell look. He swallows his mouthful before turning to me. "That hurt," He pouts.

"You're such a-" I get cut off by my phone buzzing. It's the Mossad county police.

"Go," I say into the phone.

"Mossad officer trainee found drifting in the northside lake." The familiar voice of the commanding Mossad agent.

"Coming." I hang up.

"Trainee, Northdside Lake." With that, everyone swings into action. My team jump up and run to the walk in closet. Coco types in the concealed pasword for our stuff. I catch the 9mm and jack wills sports bag without looking at them.

"Full pack up?" Chummy calls.

"Yep, its northside what ya expect?" I wink at her as i tighten my gun holsters.

"You coming with us?" I almost yell over the sound of our knives sharpening and guns re-adjusting.

"Are we allowed?" Gibbs raises an eyebrow.

"Lets go," I lead them out of the door. I reach the garage and scan my ID card, fingerprint and eyescanner. I jump into the nearest large range rover.

"Gibbs' team with me, my team in the other car. Follow me." I jump into the drivers seat and wait for everyone to buckle up. I press my foot hard on the gas pedal and we immediately speed off going double the speed limit.

"Could you go any slower?" DiNozzo groans. To answer him, i put the car into a higher gear and we go faster. Within 10 minutes, we pull up outside the bright blue sparkling lake. The canyon where my mother and Tali lay is to the left and a massive woodland area is to the right. The car kicks up dust as i slide to a stop. I jump out and wait for Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee, Abby and Ducky to get out.

"Nice view," Abby remarks.

"Not so much," I indicate towards the black van which holds the autopsy equipment. I lead the way to the edge of the lake. A pale body lays on the side.

"Charlie!" I yell to the autopsy examiner.

"Ziva, I haven't seen you in a while."

"It's been 5 days, got an ID?"

"I left that bit to you," I'm aware of Gibbs team crowding behind me.

"Cause?" I say as I crouch down to the ID card. I snap on white rubber gloves before picking up the damaged card.

"Well, brief observation it's not drowning." Charlie grimaces.

"Mossad trainee Ruby Redfort." I read the name tag.

"What do you think?" Charlie nudges me.

"Drug use or poisoning as there is traces of white froth on mouth and hands. No defensive wounds so she knew her attacker, gunshot wounds to lower abdomen and stomach." I scan the body.

"Who are these people?" Charlie looks over to Gibbs' team.

"Oh, Charlie this is the ME from NCIS called Ducky, Forensic specialist Abby and special agent gibbs, Dinozzo and McGee. Everyone, this is Charlie she is the Mossad ME." I introduce them and look for my team standing around the edge of the lake.

"Oi! Chummy, Coco, Rica, Zippy get your butts over here." I yell loudly. They quickly hurry over.

"So, what you got?" I look at them expectantly.

"Well. Any weapons are not here but could be in the lake. No blood trails or enough prints to get a full fingerprint."
Rica recalls.

"Check the lake." I turn away.

"How?" Zippy asks.

"Well Zippy, you are going to be Zippy and get your swimsuit on and zip down to the bottom of the lake and find the murder weapon." I turn back around.

"Want to bet if the weapon is there?" Zippy smirks.

"Yep, I bet it will be there. Who ever is wrong does the coffee runs for the month."

"Deal."

"Get your stuff on."

"But what happens if I drown?" Zippy groans.

"The odds of you drowning in the lake is probably 12.45' %. Just think of all the coffee you don't have to get." I shake my head and chuck him a full body swimsuit.

"Hate you." He shouts as he waddles off.

"Hate you too. It's a hate-hate relationship." I almost scream back. He turns, grins at me and jumps back into the water.

"Idiot."

"Agreed." Rica shoves me playfully in the shoulder.

"Ok, is this a joint interagency co operation of what?" Chummy asks.

"How long should it take us to solve it?" I ask Coco.

"Approximately 2 hours and 36 minutes and 12 seconds." She quickly works it out.

"Let's go then. My apartment, our headquarters."