Chapter 20

"Rule number one- never ever piss me off." I grab his arm and flip him on the concrete walkway.

"Ow" he squeaks.

"Rule number 2- if you screw up, don't let others screw it up as well." I grab his the arm and throw him to the wall. He had hits the brick wall and slides down, barely conscious .

"Rule number 3- Don't be a smart ass." I lift him up against the wall and shove him to the side so he's standing. I clench my fists and take a swing. The sound of my fist hitting his nose creates a bullet-like sound effect and cracks. He curses and staggers back clutching his nose.

"I suppose next you are going to tell me that I'm a horrible person." He stares at me through slitted eyes.

"Close enough." I shrug and swing my foot up quickly and sharply causing a massive pain impact for him.

"I underestimated you," He groans.

"Life lesson 101." I smirk and turn way from him.

"Nice punch." Jordan says as I rejoin my little group.

"Thank you." I smile and take the ice pack out of his hand and place it on my wrist.

"What's next?" I look to my father.

"Lunch. I assume our guests might be hungry?" My father indicates towards the NCIS team.

"I'll catch up with you in a minute," I nod and turn back around to the man rolling around on the floor. I stand in front of him.

"You've got 6 hours to get the hell out of my country or I will leave you in the middle of the desert with only a can of oil as your liquid." I say loudly into the silent air. My message rings loud and clear.

"Thank you for everything." he squeaks.

"Just get the hell out of my country." I realise my group still haven't moved.

"Let's go." Jordan suggests. We all take 2 steps before I stop.

"And 1 more thing," I turn to look at the barely conscious man. I joke and watch as he swallows loudly. "You got your ass kicked by a girl." And with that I turn away from him and don't look back. I quicken my pace a little to catch up with Jordan in the front.

"You alright?" I nudge him with my elbow.

"Fine." he says gruffly.

"We need to work on your lieing skills." I roll my eyes.

"I didn't like the way you touched him or the way he threatened you." he admits. I sigh.

"Jordan for the last time, you are not my boyfriend so stop acting like one. You are practically my brother." I smack my hand against my forehead.

"I know I'm not but I'm doing it for Russell. His last wish was for me to protect you." he manages to break my walls. Russell Harley was my ex-fiancé who died protecting my father. He was my only weakness. I guess that I loved him and he loved me. I wear the engagement ring on a silver chain around my neck with the star of David.

"Don't mention him again! Don't ever get too close to me! Don't protect me! Don't do anything for me!" I practically yell. I shove him away from me. Our group catches up with us.

"Why?" He rises back to the competition.

"Because the ones that get too close, often end up dead!" I finish with that and me and Jordan start a staring contest.

"Zi-" my father starts but I raise a finger, without breaking eye contact to silence him. After a couple of seconds, Jordan breaks it off, shifting to the side.

"Yes," I turn to my father.

"Any problems?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Except from life... Pretty much no problems." I say sarcastically.

"Sorry." Jordan holds out his hand for me to shake.

"Say sorry again and we have problems." I shake his hand firmly and we turn back on our way to the cafeteria.