:: 25 ::

LIFE IN A FLASH

Wang Haikuan P.O.V

Wang Yibo has delusional disorder. That's what the new doctor said. Yibo's new doctor, Dr. Hwang Jiaoming, said that to me right now. I can't explain how I feel about the information. Mom is sitting by my side facing the doctor and her face shows a lot of emotions. It can't be happening. Why Yibo?

I look at mom again. She was still frozen at her place.

"Doctor! What can we do to help him?" This is my first response after hearing Yibo's diagnosis. And I guess it's normal because Dr. Hwang gives me a smile.

"Well! All you can do is stay by his side. I can prescribe some medicines for his hallucinations and I suggest he keeps away from extreme emotional situations." The doctor writes down some medicines on the prescription and holds it out for me. "I understand what you're going through. Please be strong. He would need all of you by his side."

I take the prescription and usher mom out of the room and into our waiting car in the parking lot of the hospital.

At home we found Yibo sitting on the sofa unmoving while a fed up Jiaer trying to make him smile. Yibo looks lost, disappointed and a whole lot of sad. His face shows an expression I've never thought I'd see on his face.

Yibo has always been cheerful, even he doesn't show it often or to us, he's been a cheerful baby. Even when he started hating the expectations put on him, he stayed cheerful. Then what went wrong? When did it go wrong? What did we do to cause this for him? Because I know mom is blaming herself right now. I still remember the first time we found Yibo in his room unconscious. I remember mom's face, the hurt. It was all so evident and powerful that it broke my heart. And that's the exact same expression I see on my mother's face right now, and I feel so helpless because I can't do anything about it.

But as they all say, Life goes on. And it really does. Yibo is taking his medicines, mostly staying indoors and keeping to himself. He doesn't go to motorbike race either. Sometimes I found Wang Haoxuan calling him but he never takes the call. He doesn't take anyone's call. He's totally changed.

It's around fifteen or so days when we got invited to a program in Yibo's college. It's gonna be really hard.

The said event was some sort of foundation day ceremony and for the first time we saw Yibo really be willing to do something. Unlike the past few days, he got out of his room, accompanied mom and me to go shopping, even bought some clothes. But the strange thing is none of those clothes are his style. But I decided not to dwell on it for now. At least he's interested in doing things with us.

We attended the ceremony, and at the end of the party we met Wang Haoxuan.

"Yibo. Why don't you go to the racing club anymore?"

Yibo just gave him a blank gaze. Looking nowhere in particular. I think I should do something. Or he'd be misunderstood. Not that I approve of Mr. Haoxuan as Yibo's friend but I still don't want anyone to misunderstand my little brother. So I had to intervene.

"Mr. Wang. Can we talk privately for a minute?"

This man found it really confusing for me to want to talk to him privately and I understand it. We stood a little far away from Yibo when I revealed about his condition to Haoxuan. Yibo has the exact same expression on his face and standing in the exact same position. "Yibo has delusional disorder. He has hallucinations and it got worse than before."

"What?!" Wang Haoxuan was beyond shocked. So, then, none of his friends knew! "What do you mean it worsened?"

"I mean he's totally closing in on himself. He keeps shutting everyone out. I didn't want you to misunderstand him, so I thought I at least owe you an explanation."

"We're worried. Haohao, my brother goes to this university. So I thought of coming here and checking on him." Why's he explaining to me anyway? "Can you tell him to talk to me, please?"

I just nod. What else can I do? I know very well Yibo doesn't have any friends. He doesn't want to have friends because of how people just want to get close to him for his name. Now that his friends want to go the extra mile for him, isn't it my duty to help them and him.

It's a constant battle of wanting to be better and not being able to do it anyway. Having your friends around you helps a lot. And I thought I knew better but right now seeing my younger brother going through something none of us should go through makes me understand the meaning of saying things in time rather than waiting for it. I see Yibo every single day and realise my mistakes all over again. How I shouldn't have been the person I am. How I shouldn't have made all those mistakes when I did. How I shouldn't have prioritized something else, something more fulfilling, something which wouldn't have cost me a precious thing!

But time has some really twisted way to make us realise thing when what we regret about is already done. And the fact that I'm not the only one, that my brother is the same makes me realize maybe this thing of doing the right thing at the wrong time runs in the family.

We make all the crazy mistakes. You name it, we made it. My life goes on just as it was supposed to, but I changed to be a different person. I realized things I couldn't before. I learned things I didn't before. And I did things I never would have thought I'd do.

Just you wait Yibo, ge will make it all better. Ge will help you all you need.

✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️

Hey guys..... Finally I'm back... In the last chapter's author note I mentioned some things I was struggling with... And thank you so much to everyone who went out of their way to reach out to me and comfort me to say that everything is going to be alright.... Thank you so much! Because of all of your inspiration and support I'm here right now... And I'm in a better condition as of now....

I started consulting to my Psych again and we're doing as much as we can to get out of this... I won't say I'm completely better but I'm doing my best...

Also I want to say a special thank you to niriyas  for being the absolute angel.... You're awesome! Keep being awesome!

Also thank you everyone for getting this story to #1 in #zhan .... I never thought I could do it! You guys are awesome... And just reach out to me whenever you want... I'll always be there to listen...

And to the women of wattpad , also to the men who treat other women as their equal, Happy Women Empowerment month!!

Have a great day... Keep smiling... And keep being awesome!
All the love
C 💕

Oh and please vote! ⭐