:: 33 ::

LOST AND FOUND

Xiao Zhuochang P.O.V

Sitting at the karaoke alone I find it really hard. Why did it have to be gege? Why is it not me? He didn't do anything wrong! He wasn't even here for so long. Why is this happening to him?

I didn't know how long I've been sitting in this karaoke room. Suddenly a figure entered the room. Mianmian and Jiyang entered the room. I just stayed there and not move at all. Mianmian and Jiyang sat on my both sides.

"Did they find anything yet?" Jiyang pats my back to comfort me. They already know everything. Wang Yibo is Jiyang's friend. So by now he also knows Wang Yibo's feelings about gege.

I just shake my head to confirm that they didn't. It's been a week and there's no trace of gege at all. They didn't leave the country did they? If they did, how will we find gege then?

We three sat there, two of them comforting me. Gege's favourite song to sing came up at some point making me cry. What else can I do? Where are you ge?

Suddenly a phone ringtone startled us all. It was Jiyang's phone. Haoxuan ge was calling. Jiyang picked up the phone only to be startled. We don't know what happened but it was definitely something serious and we could say that.

"Haoxuan, what is happening? Is it Yibo?"

........

"Ok wait I'll be there."

We let him go and me and Mianmian left the karaoke too. Because we can't stay there forever.

When I arrived home I saw a middle aged lady sitting in the living room. My mom is comforting her. Even I didn't ever see her I can say who she was. And at that moment I felt an urge to run away from there.

She is ge's mother. She's the person who raised ge. She's the person who mom replaced in dad's life. Does she hate us? Does she hate me? I knew some things about gege but I never heard anything about her. And I never dared to ask ge. So I didn't even know how to act around her. I just stood at the entrance of the house frozen. And slowly feeling the presence of another person she looked up.

Her eyes are bloodshot. Just like how gege's eyes looked the day after his first surgery failure. Her face was the exact copy of gege's face. Better yet gege's face is the exact copy of her face. She looks at me with same sad face she had all the while. And then slowly gave a small smile, the most beautiful sad smile, just like ge, mole and all. She gestures me to go to her.

"Zhuochang! You grew up to be such a handsome young man."

I just sat there. Not knowing what to do with myself.

"A-Chang, this is gege's mother. Call her Ayi."

"Ayi?" It came out more like a question.

"Thank you Zhuochang. For treating Sean so good." She embraced me. Did I really treat him right? Then why couldn't I protect him? I told him on his first day of hospital that I wanted to protect him. Then why couldn't I keep my words? I wasn't even there when they took him.

"Hey it wasn't your fault!" She said shocking even my mom. I saw mom frowning from the corner of my eyes. I just looked at her. How did she know?

"You think I don't see it in your eyes? It's clear. It's not your fault. Not yours, not your mom's. Not even your dad's. He'll be alright. He's strong. I raised him to be. We'll find him no time. And then from next time we'll all keep him safe together."

Yeah! Next time I will never let ge out of my sight. I'll protect him. He'll never have to go through this ever again.

Ayi was just holding me and we were in a sad silence when dad's phone started ringing. He went a bit away to answer it.

"Hello?"

......

"Yes, I am."

We can't hear the conversation of the other side but the way pa looked at us it seems like it's the police. We all became very eager to know what was happening.

"Ok. Please find him soon. I beg you."

.....

"Yes. Thank you."

And just like that call was ended. We all were looking at him expecting any news about gege. I knew he could understand it. So he just spills it out.

"It was detective Liu. They got a tip and they might know where Zhan was taken to."

Mom got very agitated to hear the news and so was Ayi.

"They'll find him, right? He's ok, right?" I've never seen mom be like this. Ayi was just looking at pa's eyes probably to find something he wasn't telling. And so far I saw her she's able to read many things that's not really written.

"Don't worry. They will find him. I'll have to be there with them. Don't worry, we'll bring him home. No matter what!"

We couldn't be relieved just yet.

After dad went to go with the police and detective Liu we huddled together in the living room. Worrying about what might be happening. Expecting dad to enter through the door with gege. But we all knew that's not how it'll go.

After a whole long time, around seven to eight hours at around midnight a call came to inform us that we needed to go to the hospital and nothing else.

Hospital? No! Gege has to be alright. Nothing can happen to him. Nothing! He has to be safe!

We reached the hospital in a hurry and what we saw there we weren't ready to see. We saw pa crying for the first time ever. And gege was in the surgery room.

We heard from dad that the detectives got a tip from a patient in dad's hospital. Following it they reached a mansion in the suburbs not very far from downtown Beijing. After reaching there they attacked the criminals only to find ge beaten and injured in one of the rooms. They stabbed him and left him there to die. They shot the goons on the spot though all of them were just hitmen. The leader already left long ago.

When they could reach ge, he already lost a lot of blood. His chance of surviving is very slim.

I didn't know what to do. He has to survive! He can't do this to us. We want you back gege. Please don't do this!

✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️

Hello lovelies! Another new chapter is here! Zhan is found! So don't worry anymore! Also drastic change is happening to both the families so brace yourselves...

I'm not gonna reveal what changes are those... You'll have to find it for yourself.... So stay tuned.... Tomorrow I'm getting the IV drip so that's one thing down!

Also thank you so much for caring about me! You guys are precious, every single one of you... So take care of yourselves too.... Stay healthy, stay safe and in this pandemic focus on staying healthy and safe first! Everything else can wait!

That's all about it... Also next chapter will be up tomorrow!

All the love
C 💕

Also don't forget to vote ⭐