:: 5 ::

THE SECOND SON

Wang Yibo P.O.V

When they say children born in rich families are lucky, they don't really say it seriously right? Or they're just stupid. They don't know what we really go through. They don't know amount of love we expect from our parents and the amount we get. They don't realise the difference between those two. They don't really think before saying something outrageous about what we accidentally said or did and caught the attention of people who doesn't really matter. They don't think before spreading rumours about us, because according to them they're entitled to do that.

Well I don't care about what they think, but apparently my mom and dad does. Which is probably why I'm standing here with my head bowed down low right now, in front of my raging parents with a newspaper in their hand. You might think I'm a bad kid. Well I tell you, that I'm not. I'm practically an average guy. And media spreads ridiculous rumours about me, as if I'm something important they can give attention to. Tsk! They don't have anything to do anyway.

I was so distracted that I couldn't hear my dad yelling at me. What now?

"Did you hear me?"

"Yes dad. I'm sorry dad."

"You should be sorry, Yibo. Do you realize what kind of friends you're mixing in? They're bad kids. We've told you many times. But you never listen ah! What is wrong with you? You're already twenty-two, you're a business school graduate. But you never care about going to the office. Don't you care about your pa-ma ah? Do you look at your dad? He's getting old!" My mom gives a lecture which I never really cared about. And I don't know what's their deal with my friends. I've never had friends before. Now that I do they're against it? Huh! Whatever.

My phone rings in my pocket. I got startled at the sudden ringtone, but calm my heart down. Dad looks at me and tells me to pick it up. It's Elizabeth, from the racing competition.

"Hey, Elizabeth. Why are you calling?"

"Hey Yibo. I just wanted to tell you something about the race. I got your ticket. You should just talk to HaoXuan ge and he'll get you the details."

"Dui ma? Hao ba! I'll talk to HaoXuan. He's probably getting Tracy ready. Xiexie!"

And this added more fuel to the fire. My dad got more furious than he already was. If that's even possible!

"Look at you! Racing bikes when you should be managing the company with me and your Kuan ge. Don't you feel disappointed with yourself?"

"No dad. I don't. I won't be back home today. I'll come back tomorrow night." Saying this I just leave for my room. In this house that's the only place that's completely mine. When we were redecorating after I started highschool I was allowed to decorate my room as I pleased. And I did.

I opened the room to be welcomed by a beautiful Lilly scent. Ah! Home sweet home!

I felt my muscles relaxing instantly, my headache gone. This room is where I've realised how much I love dancing. This is where I would build Lego cars and bots. This is the room where I would hide from the real world, because someone once said to me, "Boys like me are pure at heart, and we should save ourselves from the cruelty of the world." Though I don't think I'm pure at heart anymore, but I still hide myself from the real world. If I ever get the chance to meet that person again I'd tell them that the world is cruel, but I probably turned more cruel.

My room is decorated with all the modern equipments I could find. It's walls grey and the floor, white marble. One side consists of a floor to ceiling glass window, a blue curtain covering it slightly fluttering in the breeze. A balcony on the other side of the curtain.

I just sit on the bed that's right in the middle of the room and give out a sigh. Is it out of relief or frustration or sadness, I can't tell.

A knock sounded on the door. I can tell who it is. So I just stay still to let the person think that I don't want them to come inside. But they probably think otherwise. They just said they're coming in and just like that without even thinking intrudes my private space.

"I heard you've entered the charity race tomorrow." With a hand in his pocket of his casual pants and a t-shirt he stands there at a distance, in front of the door of my room. "Yibo. I support you if it makes you happy. But why those friends?"

I stay silent. Not you too. Oh well! You've never liked them anyway.

"Did you read the newspaper before dad told you? Why were you there?"

"I was there to help one of my friends." I didn't know if I should tell him, but I do it anyway.

"In a stripper club?" He snorts. Here we go again.

"Yeah. He didn't want to be there. So I went to get him back."

"Yibo, don't you care about your reputation? Don't you care about the Wang Telecom? The way they say it!"

"I don't care what they think ge!" I stand up. I need to be on eye level with him to make my point. I don't know why I feel that way, but that's just it. "Gege, they're my friends. I need to be there for them when they need me!" I scoffed with sarcasm then continue with my ultimate weapon. "Or do you want me to be like you? You think Zanjin ge still thinks of you as friend?"

"Yibo." Gege shouts.

"Looks like that hit a nerve!" I don't want to interact with anyone right now. Not even him. Gege just leaves the room, furious at how I pull up the past every time to get an upper hand with him.

Don't get me wrong. I do love him. Even my parents. I just can't control my anger sometimes. I can't control myself and distance myself from them. I don't know why either. Probably the effect of being the second son of the Wangs.

I just wish I knew myself.

✍✍✍✍✍✍

Don't worry Yibo, there's someone who'll help you know yourself... You'll just have to wait a bit longer... Hang in there!

Heyyyyy! Authornim here! What do you think about the chapter?? Is it good?? I hope it is... I hope you enjoy like I did while writing it...

Here's to Yibo and Zhan's meeting! Let's hope it happens soon!

All the love
C💕

Oh and please vote