:: 7 ::

THE DINNER

Xiao ZhuoChang P.O.V

I drive my car fast to the hospital where my gege is. He's probably waiting for me. Even though I'm in my car it takes a few minutes for me to reach there. I was waiting at a coffee shop for half an hour now. I didn't know when gege will get off work, so I finished some reading at home and got out early to pick him up. He wanted to have dinner with me after all. Him asking me for it first made me so happy that I can't even explain. Well even if I waited for him, gege doesn't have to know that.

When I reach in front of the hospital I found gege standing in front of the gate talking to someone. He looks tired but happy. I got out and stood by my car waiting for gege to notice me.

That's when my phone rang. It was Mianmian. Though her actual name is Luo Qingyuan we all call her Mianmian for some reason. Don't know why it started either.

"Hi, Mianmian."

"Hey, ZhuoChang. The guys want to go have a drink. Usual place. You coming?"

"Dui bu qi. I can't go today. I'm having dinner with my gege."

"Your gege? The one who stays in Canada?"

"Yes. But he's here now. And he's really cool you know? He talks in English even to his mom."

"Looks like you admire your gege so much! Good for you. You finally have your own sibling!"

"Yeah! Btw you guys have fun."

When I disconnect the call I find gege standing in front of the passenger side of the car. He was smiling, more like smirking at me.

"Lets go ge." And I enter the car on the driver's seat putting on the seatbelt. Gege too does the same.

"Where are we going?" He says while putting his backpack on the backseat.

"Oh, it's a dinner place I used to go with mom when I was little. Just a block away. It's outdoors though. You don't mind right?"

"No. I don't." Gege looks at the front too as I try to concentrate in driving. I'm not a very good driver, but I'm not that bad either. The car drowns in silence. But gege breaks the silence after a while. "I can drive, you know. I also got my international driving permit before coming here."

I look at him. I don't what he's thinking. Does he not want me to get close with him? But I remember I told him mom wanted me to drop him and pick him up from work. Gege looks at me and instantly says something.

"A-Chang, look at the road. What are you doing?"

I didn't realize I wasn't paying attention to the front and I almost ran over a vendor. I pull the breaks at the very last moment saving us all. Gege was looking at me again.

"A-Chang, I know what you're thinking. But it's not like that huh? It's not like I don't want you to get close to me. It's just that even though I'm said to be an extrovert, I have trust issues. I'm good with people, but it takes me some time to open myself up. Don't think too much ok?" And then gives a dazzling smile, that can light up the whole town.

We reach the dinner place and I think gege likes it. We find a place to sit and beacon the waiter. We both order some noodles and I realise gege really takes some time to open up. He wasn't talking much at first while I was doing all the talking. He was listening carefully though.

"You know gege, when I was in highschool I had this friend called Bambam he's from Thailand and then he got a chance in K-pop and moved to Korea."

"I know. GOT7." Gege says in between eating.

"You like K-pop, ge?"

"Nope. Only EXO. You might have seen my coffee mug in the kitchen."

I drink a sip of cola we ordered from the glass and the dinner felt really warm and friendly. Gege is what I wanted in a sibling. A calm and cool person, who knows what to say and when to say it. Even though I know he can take care of himself, I mean he's twenty-five and I'm nineteen. But I still feel protective over him. Even I don't know the point. I just want to have a sibling.

I've been the only child from ever since I can remember. When mom and dad married I was just turning five and I knew nothing about my gege's existence. I learned later that mom could marry dad only because gege's mom divorced pa.

When I wanted someone to play with at home I had no one except a nanny. And a five years old playing with an old woman wasn't really my cup of tea. Dad was so busy at work that he had no time for his son. And later when he became the director of his own hospital he became more busy. Mom was busy at school. And when she started staying home I realised I don't have much connection with her anymore. She's a strict mother, she loves me and I know all of that. But I never got the one who I can share everything with, who wouldn't judge me for that and who can give me advices when I needed.

As for my protective side. I probably wanted a sister that when I got a brother I couldn't get rid of my protectiveness.

I was probably spacing out because I sensed gege tapping on my shoulder.

"A-Chang. Ni hai hao ma?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

"You looked lost there for some time." He said in English. Maybe it's his instinct.

"No. I'm really fine."

He smiled again. This time I give a smile back too. Gege went to pay the bill, but I stopped him. "Let's split." And he gives me a weird look. And I kinda can read what he thinks. "What? I manage to make some money."

After we got back to the car suddenly mom calls me. I pick up the phone as I'm not driving now. Gege insisted on driving back home. But I put the phone on speaker.

"A-Chang. Where are you? Where is A-Zhan? I think he got off work already."

"Ma. He did. We actually had dinner together. We're coming back home."

"Hao. Come home before your pa comes back."

When mom disconnects the call I realised he was looking at me. Maybe he didn't know mom calls him A-Zhan. Well I know he is not very fond of my mom. After all she took his father away from me. In that logic, he shouldn't like me too. But I'm happy he's at least giving me a chance.

When I first came to know about him I looked for him everywhere on social media. Then one day mom came to me with his WeChat. I knew she asked for it from dad. And that's when I started talking to gege.

And now that he's here I'm happy to be with my older sibling. It may not be what I thought, but I guess it's better.

✍✍✍✍✍✍

Yayyyyyyyyy
Double update! And this chapter is in ZhuoChang's P.O.V..... What do you think??

So who do you think is the lady Zhan met at the locker room??

Let's wait to know.

All the love
C 💕

Oh and please vote!