:: 38 ::

LIFE GOES ON

Wang Haikuan P.O.V

Getting out of the office and going straight to meet Zanjin and his son has become a routine nowadays. But today I have a completely different motive to go there. Today I'm gonna invite him for my wedding.

Last year when Xiao Zhan was kidnapped he was the one who gave the tip to the detectives about where they might have kept him. Which got me a bit surprised and we had a little misunderstanding. But it turns out he worked for them in their import and export company.

He went through a lot but it's all okay now.

We all went through so much that brought us where we are now, and made us who we are today. And I'm so thankful that we made up.

So today I'm going to give him the invitation card to my wedding and Yizhou will be there too. So it's kinda two birds in one stone.

About my wedding, it's a sudden thing too. Five or six months back when I was coming back from visiting Yibo from the village I hit another car and got a scratch on my hand. The owner of the car I hit was this really pretty and savage young woman called Li Mingyuan.

We clicked right away when she was going to throw punches but saw my scratch and did my first aid instead!

She's the CEO of a chain of hotels. And we really like each other. I can even say I love her.

When I entered through the front gate A-Dong came running to me.

"Wang shushu"

"A-Dong." I messed his hair up with my right hand while holding my bag in my left hand. "Ni pa na?"

"I'm here." And out came a Zanjin in a cooking apron. The usual smile always plastered on his face. That's the face that reminds me of my college days when me, Zanjin and Yizhou were always together.

It reminds the days when we used to like each other. Yeah! We did. I liked Zanjin and Zanjin did too. And none of us knew about the other's feelings. But good thing we both learnt to live with the fact that we're not meant to be after knowing about it and clearing out the misunderstanding.

I smile at Zanjin.

"Is Yizhou here, yet?"

"Nah! He called me. He'll be here in five minutes."

"Good. Let's have a blast today. Yeah A-Dong?"

Recently Zanjin moved permanently to China from Korea and joined our company as a department manager. I just hope he moves on from his life back in Korea.

Yizhou came not long after.

We had a lot of fun! And then at around ten at night I left to go home.

When I entered our house I found a very flustered Jiaer is sitting in the embrace of Huang Jingyu and mom and dad looking at them with adoration.

Mom finds me first and excitedly announces. "They finally came to get our blessings."

"Well how'd they know that you're a busybody and know everything from long ago?" I tease mom a bit.

In the last year a lot has changed. Our family became a more close knit family. I don't know how and why but mom and dad started expressing their love and appreciation for both me and Yibo.

Maybe this is what Yibo wanted. And this is what Xiao Zhan gifted us before leaving.

From that day forward we faced a change none of us ever thought was possible.

Well life has a way of showing how we need to live in sudden circumstances. And maybe the incident one year back was one of them.

We learnt a lot from it. We learnt to appreciate our life and the people around us.

The one year Yibo isn't here felt like forever. Maybe in this one year he just started living for himself and Fanxing. That kid brought a lot of light in his life. He's a great kid. Cute obedient and very very smart. Mom and dad loves him. He's only been here three time. Rest of the time we went there to the cottage. For some reason Yibo doesn't wanna come here to Beijing anymore.

I mean I understand he misses Xiao Zhan and that can't be described in words. But shouldn't he care a bit more for his family?

But that shouldn't be the case. He might just hate staying in Beijing because of what happened in here.

This city took away his Zhan ge from him.

The first day he learnt about what happened he was frozen. I saw his eyes while saying how I couldn't go and save Zanjin because I was saving him. I saw the anger the self-loathe in his eyes. I saw the pain and disappointment when I talked about how the stab wound sent me to coma. I didn't want that. But we had to.

We had a heart to heart talk and I'm blessed how we cleared everything up after all. Mom and dad got to know about his friends and the restrictions they had for them lifted a bit. Even Haoxuan is managing Yibo's company now.

That's how fast time flies.

When I was passing Yibo's room it reminded me of the first time we found him in this room, unconscious and having the most dangerous hallucination for the first time.

I smile remembering how much he changed since then. My baby brother even fell in love!

The next room of him is set for Fanxing. Mom and dad both went out to buy things for him and decorate this room appropriate for a baby. He's almost four years old. We wanted to bring him here already but Yibo begged for another year. So he asked us that we don't pursue him. He'll move back to Beijing when Fanxing is five.

And after that Fanxing will be admitted to a school.

It will go on just as it was supposed to. Because it does.

Life goes on. No matter what!

✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️

Heyyyy lovelies! I'm back with another chapter.... Clearing things up is hard sometimes.... So it took me some time to finish this chapter! I hope you understand...

Yeah! Haikuan is going to get married!! I have mixed feelings about this too... I don't know how you'd feel about it... Also there's another bomb in the next chapter! At least it is to me!

Let's keep following BIKER WITH BENEFITS for a few more chapters!

All the love!
C 💕

Please don't forget to vote!