chapter 7

You saw nightmares again, 'causing your rapid awakening. You were sweating again, you hated that. Then you carefully got up from your bed and looked around. Your head was still hurting a little but you didn't let that affect you. You needed to get some fresh air.
You sneaked out of the healing wing and looked out for guards. You really didn't want to get caught because you were doing something Frigga specifically told you not to do. As you walked through the corridors you saw a shadow coming from around the corner. You hid behind the big statue of Odin. Right then Nat walked out with Sif. They seemed to become friends.
"Should we go check on Y/N?" Nat asked. You swallowed, what if they get you caught?
"No need, healing folks take good care of her" Sif convinced.
Nat nodded as they kept walking right in front of you but luckily didn't notice you.

When they walked away from your sight, you stepped out behind the statue and hurried so no one could see you.

You walked again to the glazed doors and found yourself soon sitting on the railing. Night sky was beautiful and bright.
You sat there in silence and deeply in your thoughts. That's why you didn't see someone coming to the balcony. You got scared so badly that you almost fell of the railing. Just before you fell Loki grabbed your arm stopping you from falling down.
"Careful" he chuckled.
"You scared me" you whined.
"My apologises miss" he said and sat again next to you.

"I assume this belongs to you" he said and gave you...
"My sketchbook, thank you" you thanked him.
"No problem, after all I was the one who took it." he said a little ashamed.
"Yeah, about that.." you started. You thought for a second would it be sensible to ask. But you did it anyway.
"Why did you disappear when Thor came?"

"Oh, no reason. Sorry about that." he just said.
You were confused and unsatisfied with his answer. But you accepted it because you didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. He clearly didn't want to tell you the real reason.
"Okay." you said.

"How do you feel by the way?" he switched the subject.
"Well, a lot better except a little headache and this" you said and pointed at your black eye.
He looked at your eye and grinned. "Looks painful."
"It is, but not much." you added quickly before he could protest.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he asked.
"I..didn't get sleep anymore so I decided to come here, again." you explained so you didn't have to tell him about the nightmares.
"Seems understandable." Loki nodded. "But you need to get back to bed soon so your eye can be healed in the morning" he added.
"Guess your right. But let me stay for little longer? Please?" you said with your puppy dog eyes. Although they weren't as adorable as Thor's.
"Okay." he said gently and smiled.
And there you two were again, talking to each other and telling some funny stories about your lifes. He wasn't as bad as everyone else pictured him. He was kind, funny and caring, not cold hearted, evil devil.

*

As your time together passed quickly, you started feel tired again and your headache got stronger too.
"You should go to sleep now" Loki said kindly as he saw you yawning.
"Maybe you're right, I should go." you said even though you didn't want to.

You were just about to jump off that railing you were sitting on but then felt someone standing behind you two. Actually two people.

"What the hell are you doing here with that guy?" Tony grumbled.
"Language." Cap said.
"Talking?" you said confused. You knew Tony didn't like him but he didn't have to be rude.
"Get away from him." he said and grabbed your arm and dragged you farther from him.
"Hey, stop." you grumbled him back.

Loki jumped off the railing and turned to Tony. "Everything is fine, I'm not gonna hurt her." he convinced.
"I don't know about that, Reindeer Games." Tony answered as he still held your arm.

"Maybe if you two just calm down a bit and talked about this like grownups." Cap said.
"No need to do that, we are going now." Tony said and started to drag you with him.
"Hey let go!" you resisted.
"No, you young lady, are going to bed right now!" he told you and didn't let go of your arm.
"I can walk by myself, as I told you already let go!" you raised your voice. 

Unexpectedly Loki walked in front of Tony and growled "She said let go!"

You were surprised that he defended you. But weren't surprised that Tony got mad at him for that.

"No one tells me what to do, especially you!" he growled at him.

"Both of you, calm the heck down!" Cap ordered but neither of them actually listened.
They were just about to attack on each other but thankfully Thor saved the situation.
"What on earth is happening in here?! And what are you doing out of your bed Y/N?" he asked.

Cap turned on you probably wondering the same.
"I didn't get sleep so I came here to get some fresh air." you told him.
"I understand but you need to get rest after what happened to you." Thor said sweetly.
"C'mon, I'm gonna take you to sleep and the two of you.." he raised his voice and pointed at Loki and Tony. "..Are gonna go on separate ways." he continued.
Either of them didn't say anything but they didn't resist and did as Thor told them.

"Alright yellow one. Let's get going." he ordered and signed you to follow him. And you did.

You walked in silence with Thor to the healing wing. He made sure that you got yourself in the bed. You sat on the bed and Thor sat next to you.
"I...I'm sorry about that what happened there.." you murmured in shame.
"It's fine, besides it wasn't your fault. It was that stubborn brother of mine and know-it-all Tony." he chuckled but turned his face quickly back to serious.
"But we'll talk about it in the morning. Get some rest now." he said kindly.
"Good night Thor." you said and smiled at him. He smiled you back and stood up.

"Oh, thank you for helping, by the way." you thanked him for rescuing the situation as he was walking out of the wing.
"It was such a pleasure." he laughed and then left, leaving you there to rest.