chapter 20

You finally got back in the tower. Loki didn't spoke a word to you during the trip, it was strange. Maybe he was just too upset right now?

When you first went to the living room Thor was waiting for you and attacked immediately at Loki. "You didn't protect
Y/N! You had one job, ONE JOB!" Thor yelled at him, same time grabbing him from his collars. Loki pushed you away from them. "Get. Your. Hands. Off. Me!" Loki grumbled back at him. Thor looked furious, you haven't seen him like that for a long time. "All you needed to do was protect her! And you screwed up, as you always do!" Thor kept yelling. Loki looked hurted by his words. "Can you ever do something right Loki?! Can you? Do you know how much Y/N means to me?! I fucking care about her! But it clearly looks like you don't!" Thor yelled and kept still his grip on Loki's collars. "Of course I fucking care about her! How dare you to even say that to me!" Loki grumbled back at him almost shouting. "No you don't! Otherwise you have wouldn't let this happen!" Thor grumbled him back still furiously.
"Thor! That's enough! Don't talk him like that, it wasn't Loki's fault! It was my fault! Mine!" you intervened, because you couldn't watch how Thor was treating Loki.

Then Loki pulled out his dagger and placed it to Thor's neck. "Let me go." he grumbled slowly and quietly. Thor just stared back at him for a moment, but then let Loki go. You walked up to them and grabbed Loki's hand, but he pulled it out of yours. And then angrily walked away towards the elevator and left. "Loki..." you whispered after him. Thor turned on you. "Yellow one.." he said softly. "Don't say a thing. I'm going after him and you stay here!" you grumbled at him, which you had never actually did to him before. It felt bad to see his hurting face but you had to ignore it now and go after Loki.

You left Thor standing there alone and headed to the elevator. You pushed the button which leads to your floor. When you got there, you headed straight to his room without knocking. And there he was. You were so relieved that he didn't leave from the tower.

"Y/N, please, go away." Loki said hurted and breaking tone in his voice. "No, I'm not going anywhere. Loki, darling, Thor didn't mean it. He is wrong, it wasn't your fault." you told him softly as you took carefully few steps towards him. "Don't.." he said and raised his hand to stop you. "Loki please, listen to me." you kept taking steps closer to Loki as you talked softly. "No, no. Y/N, leave please. You aren't safe with me, go." he told you and you saw few teardrops in his eyes. "Loki..." you whispered and tears fell down on your cheeks. You walked up to him, ignoring his resisting and took him into your arms. He didn't fight against you and decided to tilt his head on your shoulder. "It's alright, I'm right here. You don't have to hide that you're hurting. Ever." you whispered to his ear while you ran your fingers through his hair. Loki didn't answer anything, he just tightened his grip around you and pulled you closer to him.

"I'm so sorry darling... I'm so sorry." he whispered into your ear, with hurting voice after a long silence. You let go of him and looked straight to his eyes. "Loki, listen to me now, very very carefully. Okay? It wasn't your fault, I don't blame you and no one else either. And I'm so sorry about the things Thor said to you. He was wrong. You did all you can to protect me and I'm thankful for it." you told him, making sure that he understood every single word. Loki looked at you for awhile before speaking. He sighed long and deeply. "But I had my suspicions. From the very beginning, I thought there was something wrong with Odin. But I didn't do anything, I could just take you out of there to back in here anytime, but I didn't. It wouldn't have happened if I had followed my instincts and got you out of there." Loki told you and looked down on his feet. You looked at him, at your hurting Loki. You lifted his head with your hand and made him look back into your eyes. "Hey, you weren't even sure if he was dangerous. And you warned me about it, but I didn't follow your warning. So it's only my fault. Besides if you had gotten me out of there earlier, Frigga could be in danger now. You sent him into the dungeons and everyone's safe, including me." you told him softly looking into his eyes. "But..." he started to protest, but you interrupted him by kissing him. Then he lifted you up to on his arms from the ground. You wrapped your arms around his neck while you were still kissing. Loki carried you towards his bed and put you down on it carefully, and came on top of you.

*

Your head was on Loki's warm chest as he was running his fingers through your hair. "Are you alright?" he asked you softly. You smiled at his protective and caring side. "Yes, Loki. You were very gentle, I'm alright." you answered and kissed him. "What about you, are you already better?" you asked him little concerning. "Yeah, thanks to you my darling." he smiled at you kindly, but then his face turned into worrying expression. He lifted your wrists and looked them closely. "Did he do this to you?" he asked hurted as he showed you your bruises on your wrists. You pulled them out of his hands. "It's alright, his grip was just little too tight, that's all." you mumbled quietly, not wanting him to worry about them. You were just fine now. "I should've killed him right there when I had my chance." Loki grumbled angrily and looked away from you. "Hey it's okay, I'm alright." you tried to convince him. "I'm gonna kill that oaf." he still kept grumbling, ignoring your convincing. "Relax, I'm here, safe. So as you, let's not think about him now. I wanna forget him for awhile and enjoy the time with you." you told him softly, trying to propitiate him. Loki sighed. "I guess you might be right darling, but we need to discuss about this later okay? I have some questions for you." he softened a bit and turned his head back on you. "If you want to.." you whispered him and layed your head back on his chest. Loki gave you a kiss on your forehead as an thank you.

*

Later on that day, Jarvis called you. You were still in Loki's room with him. "Ms. Y/N, the team requested you to join them into the living room."
You looked at Loki and he just rolled his eyes, you both knew what this was about. "Tell them I'm coming straight away." you told Jarvis and then turned back on Loki. "Wait here, I'll come back soon."
"Are you sure? I can join you as well darling." he told you little concerning. You stood up from the couch and looked at him. "You don't need to, I'll be just fine." you answered and gave him light kiss on his cheek.
You walked away and headed to the living room to see what they have to say.

Elevator's doors opened and everyone turned on you. Nat ran up to you and gave you a hug. "Y/N, we all were so worried about you, Thor told us everything. Are you alright?" she asked worried look on her face. "I'm fine, don't worry." you told them the same thing you had told to Loki as well. "You could have died, if Loki.." Thor spoke up but you interrupted him. "This isn't Loki's fault. Don't bring him up to this."

"I agree with Thor." Tony said, 'surprisingly'. You just rolled your eyes at him and sighed. "By the way, where is he right now? I need to chat with him a little." Tony added and looked at you. "Loki is in his room and he doesn't need any of you there to blame him on something he didn't do." you answered calmly looking straight to Tony's eyes. "You were there with him?!" he changed the subject and became more aggressive. You rolled your eyes again. "No, don't you fucking tell me that you have been there with him when I clearly told you not to." he grumbled a bit. "Tony.." Cap said but Tony raised his finger at him for sign to be silent. "And so what if I was?" you started grumbling him back. "So what? Really? If I tell you not to do something simple thing, you are supposed to follow that word." he growled at you angrily and took few steps towards you as you glared at him. "How long this has been going on?" Tony added. "Is this really why you wanted me here?" you asked angrily and looked at them all. "Well, now it is." Tony answered before anyone else could. "How is it even your business? I'm not responsible of anything to you." you questioned him. "Oh yes you are, damn right you are. As long as you're part of the team and as long as you're living here, you are responsible to me." Tony growled and came closer to you again. "You are not my father!" you yelled at him. Everyone else were just silently looking what was going to happen next. "Yeah maybe I'm not, but I have to take care of you! You want it or not!" he yelled you back which made you more furious. "No you don't, I can take care if myself. As I can decide by myself where I am hanging around and who I am sleeping with!" you growled at him, not thinking what you were going to let out of your mouth. Tony looked at you speechless for a moment. "Don't you... fucking tell me.. that you have slept together!" he grumbled at you now more angrier and more furiously than ever. You looked at him shocked, you didn't meant to say that.  "Answer to me! Have you slept with him?!" Tony yelled at you which made you flinch. "That's enough Tony! Stop it." Clint interrupted your fight and got between you two. You looked at the others, you had totally forgot that there was others as well, not just the two of you as usual. Thor looked speechless, hurted and disappointed. He walked away without saying a word. You wanted to go after him, but now wasn't the right time.

You looked back to Tony, who was still waiting for your answer so he could attack on Loki next. But you didn't answer to him, you just ran away back to your floor. Tony tried to go after you but Cap and Clint stopped him. "Y/N get back here!" he shouted after you as you ran upstairs, teardrop falling down on your cheek.