chapter 9

Frigga smiled at you as she was walking towards you two.
"Look at you two! You both look amazing tonight." she praised you with her voice full of proud.
"Mother.. you're embarrassing me." Loki hissed. You poked his side gently with your elbow.
"I have to say that you look lovely today, and this feast.. it's very nice." you tried to save the situation.
"Thank you my dear. But I have to go now, Odin needs me by his side, enjoy the feast!" she wished and left you two to enjoy the feast. You knew that neither of you really didn't like to be there, but you had to. It was royal party after all.

*

None of your friends didn't even say anything to you. It was quite rude of them but you understood it tho. They didn't like Loki at all, except Thor. He was loki's brother after all. But you thought that he didn't want come and talk to you either because you refused to go with him.

"Your friends hardly even look at you." Loki noticed the same.
"Yeah, I've noticed that." you said but didn't bother to tell him what might had caused that. Although you didn't have to.
"It is because of me. They think I'm evil and that I will harm you." he said and looked at them. "They're not wrong either. I am evil but I would never, and I mean never do anything to you that would hurt you." he said gently look in his eyes. You smiled.
"And I believe it. But Loki, trust me when I say this: you aren't evil." you convinced him as you looked deeply into his eyes.
He smiled a bit.
"Well, luckily Tony hasn't arrived yet, it would be a..." Loki was just about to say but then you two saw Tony arriving.
You really hoped that he wouldn't notice you, but of course he did. He walked straight up to you as angriest as ever.

"Are you serious?! You came here with him?!" he grumbled at you.
You straightened your spine and gathered all courage that you had to stand up to him.
"Yes, actually I did. And you can't say anything about it." you said with little angry tone in your voice.
"Oh? Watch me." he said.

"What the hell is going on?!" Nat hissed when she walked up to see what was going on with Sif.
"Yeah, why don't you tell to all of us what is going on?" Loki grumbled at Tony.
Tony grabbed Loki's arm and clearly wasn't going let go for awhile.
"Get your hand off me." Loki growled.
"Not until I had walked you out of here." Tony growled back.

"Is there a problem?" you heard gently voice behind Tony. It was Odin himself.
"Not at all, sir." Tony said and quickly let Loki go.
"Everything is fine." Loki convinced when Odin looked at him waiting for an answer.
"Great.... Loki come with me, please." he said to him. You started to worry if he was in trouble. Loki looked at you with apologizing look on his face.
"I'll be back soon." he whispered to your ear and left with Odin.

"Now you and I have something to disguise about." Tony said to you after Odin left. You waited his words in long silence.
"Why do you have to hang out with that guy? He's not a good person, I don't want you to get hurt." he said gently which actually surprised you.
"That guy isn't as bad as you think. Besides we are getting along very well. Loki is kind person, give him a chance." you begged softly. Tony looked first like he was going to protest but then sighed deeply.
"Alright then, but I'm watching you. And if he hurts you I swear that I'm going to end him." he said seriously.
"Thank you." you whispered as you gave him a hug, although you knew that he didn't really like hugs.

Then he gave you a little smile and left with others. At the same time Thor walked up to you. "So, you came here with my dearest brother." he said with little sarcasm in his voice as he looked up to your eyes.
"Yeah, is it okay?" you asked carefully, because you were scared from the right at the beginning that he wouldn't like that you went with his brother.
"Of course it is." he said and smiled. That surprised you a little.
Then suddenly music started playing and people gathered to the middle of the hall to dance. "Shall we?" Thor asked and offered his hand to you. "Thor you know I can't dance." you chuckled.
"It doesn't matter." he smirked.
You decided to took his hand and he led you to the dance floor.
You tried really hard to not to smash his toes. But all you did was stumbled all the time. You were embarrassed and you felt like everyone was watching at you, although no one actually did.
"You don't have to be so nervous, everything is just fine. You're doing just fine." Thor tried to convince you. You just sighed.
Then out of nowhere, Thor decided to lift you up and put you back down onto his feet. All you had to do now was stand there and let him lead. It was kind of nice, sweet. It lasted few long minutes until the song came to its end. Then Loki came to you and looked at Thor like he had stolen something what was his.
"Guess it's my turn." he said and handed you his hand without even glancing at Thor. You looked at Thor for a sec, apologized and thanked him and then left with Loki.
"But Loki, as you might just saw, I really can't dance." you said.
"We're not going to dance." he said gently and gave you a little smile. He moved your hand from his hand to his arm as he led you out of the hall. You sighed with relief.

You walked in silence and Loki seemed little off. Did something happen with Odin? You really wanted to ask but you didn't want to ruin the night either, so you decided to ask later.
He led you to the same balcony where you first met. It was kind of romantic to you.
"Why did you bring us here?" you asked as you leaned against the railing.
"I thought that some peaceful place would do good for us." he chuckled.
"Well, you weren't wrong at all." you laughed and sighed deeply.
"Yeah, that dancing of yours was pretty awful." he teased. You just laughed at that.
"Dancing isn't one of my best abilities." you explained.
"Well, I only like to dance one Asgardian dance, but otherwise I don't dance at all." Loki said.
"Maybe you should teach me the dance sometime." you laughed a bit. Then he immediately stepped in front of you and handed you his hand. "Now?" you chuckled.
"Why not, it's a beautiful night." he smirked. And it really was indeed.
You grabbed his hand and he led you to the dance. You laughed a lot which make his teaching harder. "You're supposed to stay still in this part!!" he chuckled when you couldn't stop laughing.
Loki just rolled his eyes at you and gave up. He pulled you close up to his chest and you stopped laughing. You looked up to his eyes as he looked back to yours. Neither of you didn't say a thing.
Carefully he came closer to you trying to reach your lips. You met him halfway. You kissed, it was perfect. Better than you could ever imagine. It felt good, right.

Then big sound of explosion interrupted you.