chapter 19

Next morning you woke up in Loki's arms. He held you tightly but carefully, he was still asleep. You managed to get out of his arms without waking him up. You placed soft kiss on his forehead and headed to the bathroom. You cleaned yourself up a bit and then changed your clothes and walked to your couch. You grabbed your sketchbook on your way to it. Loki was so cute when he slept so you thought that you could draw him. You had to hold your smile the whole time because he was just so adorable.

Suddenly someone knocked on your door. "Yes?" you asked carefully. "It's Frigga, would you like to join me for breakfast and then I could teach you the rest of the healing magic I didn't yesterday?" she asked kindly behind the door. You got up from the couch and headed to the door. "Sure, it would be my pleasure." you answered politely as you opened the door. "I assume, Loki is still sleeping?" she chuckled a bit. You looked at sleeping Loki and then turned to her. "Have to say that you're absolutely right." you chuckled little and then closed the door behind you before your dear Loki would wake up.

"He has always slept longer than us, you have to get used to it, dear." Frigga told you as you were walking through the corridors. You laughed at that a little.

After little walk and chatting with Frigga, you were soon at the dining room's doors. "Odin is already waiting for us, go ahead." she said and guided you inside. "Lady Y/N, nice to see you again. My apologizes that I have been so busy lately, but you know king's duties." Odin greeted you as you walked in. "It's my pleasure to meet you again. And of course, I totally understand." you answered and bowed as you walked closer to him. "Sit, please." he added and showed your seat. You smiled kindly and sat down almost next to him. "Please, eat anything you like." Frigga told you kindly. "Aren't we going to wait Loki to join us?" you asked confused as they started eating already. "He will wake up soon and can join us then. Also, we have a great opportunity to get to know each other better." Frigga answered you and looked at Odin, waiting for his agreement. Odin nodded to Frigga and then to you.

After a while of eating, Frigga turned on you. "If I may ask dear Y/N, what kind of family do you have. You haven't ever mentioned about them."
You coughed a little, you really wouldn't like to talk about your family. "Uhm.. my apologizes, but I don't talk about my family to anyone. It's kind of very personal thing to me." you struggled a little and were ashamed as well. Odin looked at you little disappointed, he clearly wanted to know what kind of family you had came from. But it was really sensitive thing to you and you don't wanna talk about it. "Oh, it's totally okay sweetheart. You don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Frigga told you warmly and kindly, which made you feel little better. You nodded back as an thanks to her.

After that they didn't say anything to you, you guessed that they didn't want to ask more about your life, so they wouldn't insult you. You were totally okay with that, besides you weren't very social anyway.

Then suddenly Odin cleared his throat and turned on you. "Lady Y/N, if you may, I would like to change few words between us." And right then you remembered the warning that Loki had told you about Odin. But you didn't want to be rude, he was all-father after all. And what bad would happen anyway?
"Yes, as you wish, sir." you answered politely. Odin nodded and stood up waiting you to repeat his moves. You said goodbye to Frigga and thanked her for the breakfast. Then you stood up and walked behind him as he led you out of the dining room. Odin took you into the Throne room and first thing he did, was call off the guards from the doors. Which was little strange, why would he do that?

After the doors closed, you left there alone with Odin. Just in the way Loki told you not to be with him.
"So Y/N, could you tell me something?" Odin said to you with little creepy tone in his voice. "Anything sir." you answered trying to be as polite as possible. "Have you ever lost someone important? Like very very important?" he asked and turned his eyes on you. "Uhm.. well.." you struggled, not wanting to answer on that question. Odin took few steps towards you and added. "Do you know how it feels like? Do you know the burning hurt what it gives you?"

You looked at him strangely and confused, what was he talking about? "I'm sorry sir, I don't think I understand.."
"Of course you don't!!!!" he yelled at you out of nowhere and came closer to you aggressively. You flinched and looked at him scared. "You have no fucking idea how it feels to lost someone important and even watch them dying, knowing that you can't do anything!" Odin yelled you again, but now he wasn't Odin anymore. He had changed his form to someone you didn't recognize. "Who... who are you?" you whispered as you looked at him. He had face full of scars and liveless eyes. This guy's laugh was manic. "You don't know who I am? Hah, I'm here to kill you, but first I'm gonna take you somewhere with me." he told you and came closer. You backed off but your back touched soon against the wall, you were trapped. "You are from Hydra aren't you? Why on hell you want me dead? I've done nothing to you!" you grumbled at him. He just laughed again. "Clever girl, but one thing you're absolutely wrong. You and definitely your family has done something very bad that you shouldn't have." he answered as he grabbed your arms from your wrists and pushed them against the wall. It hurted a lot, he had strong grip. "My family is dead! How on earth they could have done something to you?!" you grumbled him angrily and hurted. "Wrong again little girl." he laughed like a maniac. Now you were shocked. Alive? That's impossible.

But before you could have answered on that, Loki ran through the doors and grabbed the mans shoulders and pulled him away from you. "Get your hand off her!" Loki grumbled more aggressively as ever. Then he ran to you and took you in his arms. "My darling, are you alright?!" He looked around your body searching for injuries. "I'm... alright." you said abashed. The man was getting up back on his feet and Loki noticed that. He walked up to him and pushed him down hardly with his foot. "Guards!" he shouted as he kept him still. The guards ran straight to Loki and bowed deeply. "You threatened the wrong lady. If it would be up to me, I would kill you immediately. Next time you try to hurt my lady, you will get me. And then you don't breathe no longer." he grumbled at him furiously. After that he turned his face on the guards, who where still kneeling. "Guards, take him to the dungeons and find out where Odin is." Loki ordered and handed him to them. As they were dragging him away, he just laughed and shouted. "I will come after you Y/N! This place isn't keeping me here locked up forever!"

*

After the guards had dragged him away from the throne, Loki walked up to you and took you in his arms tightly. "He's gone now. I was so worried Y/N. I told you to not walk here around all alone. Are you okay darling?" he whispered softly as he placed kiss on your forehead. "I'm alright, thank you for saving me my dear." you whispered him back, still shocked about the events. "Of course. And I'm here now, you're safe." Loki added and looked at you. You saw a teardrop in corner of his eye and you raised your hand to dry it off. "I'm okay, Loki. Don't worry." you told him again softly and warmly as you leaned down your head on his chest. "He could've killed you." he whispered his voice full of hurt and anger. "I... I would never forgive myself if something had happened to you." he struggled with his words. You looked back up on his eyes. "shhh.. Loki I'm alright. Besides it wasn't your fault, I didn't follow your order to not be with him." you told him softly and fake smiled to him. You really didn't want him to worry about you now. Not now when his father was missing, it was more important than you.

You were also shocked about the things the man just told you.
Your family is alive? You don't even know by yourself anyone else from your family besides your mother. Does this mean she's alive?

*

Next thing Loki did was take you to his mother. Frigga was so concerned about you two and almost tears in her eyes she told you how sorry she was. But you didn't blame her, it wasn't Frigga's fault.
"Mother, I want to take Y/N back to Midgard now. I'm afraid she isn't safe in here." Loki told Frigga calmly. "Of course, I understand and I agree on that. Lady Y/N's safety is now our priority." Frigga answered and gave you warmly smile. You just stood there and didn't bother to say anything. You were still little confused and shocked. "Thank you mother." Loki said and gave Frigga light kiss on her cheek and hugged her. Frigga nodded and let go of Loki so he could leave with you now. "I sent the Hydra man into the dungeons. Guards will take care of him and find out where.. Odin is. Will you be okay until then?" Loki turned on Frigga again after he had got to you and wrapped his arm around your waist. "Yes, I will be okay. Besides someone has to take care of Asgard, now when Odin isn't around." she answered confidently with warm smile. Loki nodded and after you two have said goodbyes to Frigga, you headed to Bifrost to get back home.

But now you couldn't just stop thinking about the man's words. Besides, how could he even knew you?