chapter 37

"I never couldn't believe that you will propose me." you told Loki as you walked back into the tower. Loki smiled and turned his eyes on you. "I'm little old fashioned, as you can see. I also thought that this would be perfect time for proposing, we have been together for a long time already. It should be official." he told you gently and kissed your forehead.
"Well, I agree. The timing was perfect." you replied and smiled.

But your smile faded away the second you entered to the tower. You had totally forgot about Thor, what he will think about this? You loved him too and he was your best friend. It will be a disaster if he can't accept this.

Fortunately, it was already midnight and everyone were asleep, so you didn't have to deal with Thor now.

"You seem little tired, darling. You should rest." Loki suggested.
He was right, though. You were actually litte tired. The past day hadn't been one of your favorites and it had taken a lot of strength from you.

You nodded as an agreement and you walked together to your floor.
"Wanna join me?" you asked softly and little beggingly.
Loki chuckled and kissed you. "Of course my love." he told you as gentlest as ever.
You went to your room and straight to your bed. You were both very tired but also happy.

Loki wrapped his arms around you and pulled you as close to him as he could. You felt safe in his arms as always. He gave you a good night kiss on your forehead and then you fell asleep in his arms.

"Good morning darling." Loki said as he ran his fingers through your hair at the same time. You looked up and saw him smiling at you. He leaned down to give you a kiss.
"Morning my love." you told him and gave him another kiss.
"Would you like me to get us some breakfast?" Loki suggested and smirked.
"I would love to, but I'm coming too." you told him with grin on your face. Loki sighed and shook his head. "Alright then." he replied.

You stepped out of the elevator. There were no one in the kitchen and it was kind of relief to you. You had feared that Thor had told everyone about the events on Asgard and that they would be here now questioning you.

"I can't believe this!" you raised your voice. "What's wrong dear?" Loki asked concerned about your irritation. "Clint has eaten all my favorite pancakes, again! He does it all the time." you whined.
Loki laughed at you and looked very amused by your frustration.
"I'm gonna kill him." you said and tried to walk out of the kitchen but Loki stopped you. "What if I go to the store to get you some of those pancakes, darling? Will you calm down then?" he suggested, still amused by your behavior.
"Okay, but be fast or I'm gonna stab Clint." you threatened. "That's my job darling." Loki chuckled and kissed your forehead.
"I'll be back soon." he told you and left.

You went back to the kitchen to make some coffee. Right then Thor walked in.
"Y/N! Are you alright?" he asked immediately as he saw you. Thor rushed to you with concerned look on his face.
"I'm fine, Loki helped me to calm down." you convinced.
"I was worried, you shouldn't had left like that. Where did you two even go?" Thor asked.
"Loki took me to the lake." you replied and took two cups, assuming that he will want some coffee too.
"Oh yeah, that surprise of his." Thor remembered with grin on his face.

"Yeah, I heard that you helped him with it." you smiled.
But then your smile turned into seriousness and you turned on Thor. "What about Odin? Is he still pissed off?" you asked carefully, fearing that Thor would be angry at you about it too.
"I haven't talked to him after we left, but don't worry, I will. And I'm not mad at you about it, you had lot of courage to stand up against him." He added before you could ask about it. You sighed in relief.

You poured some coffee for both of you and handed Thor the other cup.
He took it but then he grabbed your hand as well. Thor had noticed the ring and now he was looking it curiously, but you could see clearly that he wasn't that happy about it either.
"He... proposed you?" Thor stuttered and looked at your ring.
"Yeah he did, this was the surprise." you told him, waiting for his reaction.

But he didn't react the way you thought he would. He actually smiled as he looked up at you.
"I'm happy for you, yellow one." he told you softly, but his voice cracked a bit in the middle of the sentence.
You walked closer to him and grabbed his another hand into yours too.
A teardrop fell down on your cheek as you looked at him.

"It's alright..." Thor said softly and wiped off your tear gently on your cheek.
"I still love you, Thor. And I hope this will not change anything between us, you're my best friend." you told him, trying to hold back your tears. Thor looked at you in silence for awhile, he was clearly thinking about his next words.
"I will get over this, and it won't. I love you too yellow one." he replied and leaned forwards to hug you.

You stood there for a long time hugging at him, you didn't want to let go. It felt like hours.
But then someone came into the kitchen, breaking your hug.
"Is everything alright darling?" Loki asked little concerning tone in his voice as he walked up to you two.
"Everything's fine, I just found out about your engagement. Congrats little brother." Thor replied with forced smile on his face.
Loki looked surprised but he thanked him anyway.

Then Loki turned on you.
"I got you the pancakes, although I didn't know for sure which ones you wanted. There were too many options." Loki explained as he dropped all the pancake packages on the table.
Your silly fiancé had bought all the types of pancakes. You chuckled at kissed him on his cheek.
"Well, at least Clint can't eat these all instantly." you chuckled and opened one of the packages.