chapter 16

You slowly woke up and realized soon that you were in the medical room. When Loki noticed your awakening, he took your hand with concerning look on his face. "Are you okay darling? I was so worried." he said softly as he rubbed back of your hand with his thumb. "What happened?" you asked slowly and quietly. "You lost so much blood that you passed out." Bruce said after he showed up to the room. "Oh.." you said. You were so tired and exhausted that you couldn't spoke up more than that. "Rest darling, I'll be here when you wake." Loki said warmly and smiled a little. "I'll come to check the situation later, as he said, rest now. You need it." Bruce told you and left. You weren't in pain at the moment. They had given you so much medicine that you didn't feel anything and you were just very sleepy. "Are you alright? Did you get any medical care for your injuries?" you asked Loki. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. But yes, I got some medical care, I'm better now." he chuckled a bit and smiled at you. But then his smile turned into seriousness. "I promised to protect you but I didn't, you can't even imagine how sorry I am. I should have not go with Thor and left you alone. I'm so sorry, dear." he said sadly and his eyes were hurted while he looked into yours.

You looked at him and smiled softly. "Don't say that, you saved me and I'm thankful for it. You couldn't do anything better." you convinced him as he looked at you disbelieving. He was about you protest at that but you added. "Seriously, I'm alright. You did good, don't punish yourself."

He was quiet for awhile but then nodded and even smiled little. But you could see from his eyes that he still blamed himself. You wanted to told him once more that he must not punish himself for what happened to you, but you fell back to sleep before you could.

*

You woke up again in the next morning. You were already feeling a lot better and noticed too that you were... healed? You didn't see anyone in your room and started to wonder what has happened. You sat up on your bed and looked around you, still no one. You started slowly getting up on your feet. "Wait darling, let me help you first." you heard Loki saying as he came from outside of the room. He was with someone, it looked like asgardian. "No I'm fine, I can walk by myse.." you were saying but then you almost fell, luckily Loki caught you before you did. "Careful Y/N, your legs don't support your weight yet." he said warmly and helped you up on your feet again. You tried to walk but it was hard. Loki looked at you awhile and then decided to grab you on his arms. "Loki, you don't have to carry me." you resisted. He smiled at you. "Yes I do, It's my pleasure and It's at least one thing I can do for you right now." he told you as he carried you towards the medical's door. He opened it and you saw someone asgardian woman in front of you. You looked at her confused. "Oh right, this is Mary. She is one of the asgardian healers, I asked my mother is she could send someone in here to heal you. I couldn't watch you in pain." Loki told you and nodded to Mary as an greeting. "Thank you, Mary." you thanked her and then she nodded and quickly left without saying anything. "But seriously Loki, dear, you didn't have to do that. I would have healed." you said to him after the healer was gone. "Well yeah I didn't, but I really wanted. You well-being is very important to me." he said and gave you a kiss on your forehead. You blushed a bit and then chuckled.

He carried you to your room after you had visited in kitchen to greet others and show them that you were alright. You didn't like it tho, the attention wasn't your favorite thing.

Loki took you to your couch and sat down next to you. You layed your head on his lap and he took you in his arms thighly, just to show you that you were safe in his arms.

He ran his fingers through your hair as you drew on your sketchbook, which you finally remembered to bring with you from the asgard. "I want to ask you something.." Loki struggled after a long silence and stopped his hand. You turned your head from you sketchbook to look at him. "You can ask anything." you said calmly but wondering. "I was thinking about us... we never.. we never actually.." he struggled with his words. "We never what?" you asked more concerned now. "We never agreed to be a..... couple. And I thought that.. I think it would be kind of necessary. Especially for me, I'm little old fashioned." he told you and chuckled a bit. You looked at him smiling warmly and softly. "Well, my dear Loki, would you like to be with me? As a couple?" you chuckled and looked at him with adoring face. "I'm supposed to ask that!" he laughed. "But yes, my darling Y/N, I would love to." he added and then leaned down to kiss you. It was long kiss and it didn't seem to have ending. Then he broke the kiss and looked at you smiling softly and kindly.

You saw on Loki's eyes that he wasn't the same man who attacked in New York few years ago. He had changed, he was caring, warm and kind. You loved him, you had fell in love, what you thought that you would never experience. You were right now happy, you actually hadn't feel like it in long time but meeting Loki had changed it.

After you had watched on each others eyes quietly, Loki leaned towards you to give you another kiss, then third and fourth. It kept going on and on. It turned into making out and you liked it. He carefully lifted you up to sit on his lap while you ran your fingers through his black hair. He placed his hands on your back but carefully, because he didn't want to touch too hard on your lower back. It was healed yes, but still little sore.

You kept that going for long time before someone knocked on your door and walked in. Unfortunately it was Thor. He saw your making out and standed there speechless. You let go of Loki quickly as you saw him. "What do you want?!" Loki grumbled at him for interrupting you. "I just came... here to ask what pizza would you like...., but it seems that your too busy so I'm not gonna bother you anymore." Thor grumbled back to Loki little hurted and walked quickly out. You looked at the door where he just stood and you felt really bad for him. "Everything alright, darling?" Loki asked when he saw your concerned face. You looked back to him and smiled. "Yes, I'm totally fine" you answered softly. He smiled back to you and gave you one more kiss.