chapter 39

You didn't sleep well after that nightmare of yours, you couldn't stop thinking about your mother the whole night.
Loki was worried about you. He had asked several times if you were okay or did you need something. Actually you weren't quite sure if you even were okay, or if your mother was. Yes, she is dead but you didn't believe that it was only a dream. It couldn't be.

"We should get some breakfast darling, it may help you to feel better." Loki suggested when the morning came. You still sat on the bed in the same position as few hours before, after you had woke up again. You felt terribly exhausted and tired.
"Yeah, why not.." you mumbled.
You were so into your thoughts that you didn't even notice that you were already walking through the corridors.

"Would you like to tell me about that nightmare of yours darling? I can see that it's still bothering you." Loki asked, his voice full of concern but also love.
You lifted your head up to look at him, he smiled at you and kissed your cheek. "Hey, I'm not gonna judge or think that you're crazy. You can tell me, I'm here for you." he told you gently. It was like he had just read your mind. Wait, maybe he actually did.

"Okay then.." you sighed and started your story about seeing your mother in your sleep.

"...after that she disappeared, and then next thing I remember was that you woke me up." you finished. You had explained him everything during your path to the dining hall.
Loki looked like he was thinking deeply about your story, you felt like he knew something.
"It felt so real Loki, is it possible that it actually was my mother?" you decided to ask when Loki hadn't say anything.
"I don't know love, but I think we should tell about this to mother. She might know something about this. But I have a feeling that it wasn't just a dream." Loki finally spoke up, he was clearly concerned but didn't want to show it to you.

You nodded as an agreement as you finally had got your way to the dining hall.

You followed Loki to the table, where Frigga and Odin were already waiting.
You sat next to Loki, which had sat next to his mother.

"Morning my dear, how was your night?" Frigga asked her son as you had settled down.
"Well.." Loki started but then turned on you, wanting your approval. You nodded and let him tell about your nightmare.

"Hmm... interesting." Frigga commented after Loki had tell her the whole story.
"Does it mean something, mother?" Loki asked concerned and grabbed your hand under the table.
"I think that it wasn't just a dream, dear. It seems like she managed her way to talk to lady Y/N." Frigga told you two, she wasn't that concerned as Loki were.
You looked at Odin too but he was just quietly following your discussion.
"How is that possible, all-mother?" you asked politely and turned on Frigga again.
"Well, she has her magic. And her magic is quite same like mine... there is a possibility that she managed herself out of Valhalla to talk to you. And of course there was a time limit as Loki told us." Frigga responded with bit of warm smile on her lips.
"It's possible to rise from dead?" Loki asked confused. Frigga looked at him little amused.
"No dear, she didn't rise from dead. It was more like telepathy. I've read once that great witches, like your mother, have skills to do things like that in afterlife. But only once and they can show themselves only to their truly loved ones." she explained and then turned on you again, smiling but also bit of hurt in her voice.
"So, it was real? My mother really talked to me?" you verified.
"Yes, she really talked to you." Frigga replied gently.

You couldn't believe it. You actually had talked to your mother? You were so happy about it but also sad. Now you can't see her ever again, she showed to you, but she wasn't capable to do it ever again.

"Are you okay darling?" Loki asked when he had noticed that you suddenly had lost into your thoughts again.
"Yeah I'm fine, I just can't believe that it was really her." you sighed, but put a kindly smile on your face.
Loki smiled gently too, he wrapped his arm around you and kissed your hair. "It's alright to miss her." he whispered into your ear softly.

Then Odin got your attention by clearing his throat loudly. You all turned on him, you or Loki didn't expect him to say anything.
"If I heard right, Loki mentioned about that Hydra again. Your mother warned about them right? What did he told you exactly?" Odin asked, seeming actually little concerned.
They all turned on you. You haven't even told Loki what your mother had said about Hydra.

"She warned me, they're coming, after me. She told me that they were already looking for me." you told them with hint of fear and concern in your voice. Loki noticed it and tightened his grip around you, just to remind you that he was here to protect you.
Frigga looked at you, worrying look on her face and actually so did Odin.
"I think that, you will be more better safe in Midgard. Asgard 'is' one of the safest realm of the nine realms, but they got here last time through one of the secret portals. And it's a huge risk to keep you here, even Heimdall can't see them. I hope you understand that it will be safer to you and to my people if you go back home." Odin told you firmly but gently.
"Father.." Loki started but you interrupted him.
"No Loki, it's alright. I understand, all-father. And I think that you're right." you accepted his request as you turned your attention back on him from Loki.
Loki looked little bit indignant, but you calmed him down by grabbing his hand in yours. He relaxed soon and tightened his grip around your hand.

"Well, I think it's better then if we leave now." Loki murmured a bit at his father. "Tell me if you need help, I will offer it to you always." Odin told you both as you left the dining hall with Frigga behind you.

"I can't believe that stubborn old oaf, he rather sends you home than tries to protect you." Loki grumbled as you walked away from the dining hall's doors.
"Try to understand your father's decisions, son. He is a wise king and he has his reasons." Frigga tried to talk Loki around, but Loki was still upset. It was kind of adorable to you, he was so overprotective almost all the time. That is one thing you really loved about him, his love for you.

"It's perfectly alright Loki, it really is." you tried to convince him too.
And it really was, you didn't want to risk those asgardians safety.

Frigga walked you to the Bifrost, where she gave Loki last goodbye hug and Loki kissed her on the cheek, as always.
You said goodbye to her and Heimdall and headed back to Midgard through the rainbow bridge.

You landed near the tower, people looked at you strangely, but soon after they had realized who you were, they started taking pictures of you. Actually you didn't like it much, you hated attention, same as Loki. You walked quickly back to the tower.

"How was the trip?" Thor asked as you entered to the common room where he was chilling with the others.
You thought about telling them about your meeting with your mother, and you decided that it would be useful to tell them.
And then you explained them everything, with Loki beside you. He made sure you were comfortable and feeling safe.

"That's... wow. I didn't know that asgardians had that powerful magic." Thor was confused.
"We neither." Loki spoke up.
Everybody were little shocked about your story and they didn't know how to respond.
"Are you okay kid?" Tony decided to broke the silence. He was quite worried, you can tell.
"Yeah, I'm alright." you replied and made yourself smile a bit.