chapter 38

For now you have been few days happily engaged. You told about your engagement to the team day later and they all were happy for you, except Tony. Well, he was happy for you, but didn't like the fact that your fiancé was Loki. But he will accept it someday, hopefully.

But now your concern was on Frigga and especially on Odin. What would they think about this?
Frigga would be happy for you of course, but Odin, you weren't so sure about him. It has been only a week from your argument with him. He might as well hate you right now and you weren't even sure, were you allowed to go back in Asgard.

Loki had tried to convince you that you were allowed to go back and Odin hasn't banish you, yet. And you also knew that he wished to tell his mother Frigga about your engagement, she was very important to Loki and he loved his mother more than anything. If you weren't included.

And now you were returning to Asgard with Loki and you were nervous as hell.

"It's going to be alright darling. He is not going to banish you, besides Thor talked with him as he promised. It'll go well." Loki tried to calm you down as you walked through the corridors to the throne room.

You weren't scared of Odin, but you wanted your relationship with him to be at least tolerable, just because of Loki. He was your fiancé after all.

Two big doors of the throne room opened as you walked in. Odin sat on his throne as always, this time Frigga by his side.
He looked at you, not friendly fatherly way as usual, but with arrogant look on his face. He clearly wasn't that happy to see you.

Loki dropped on his knee and bowed, so did you.
"What brings you in Asgard, son?" Odin asked, using for your surprise the term 'son'.
"We have something we wished to tell you." Loki replied and stood up again, facing his lady mother now. This was clearly more important thing to tell her than to Odin.
Frigga raised her eyebrows, waiting Loki or you to go on. Loki looked at you, letting you to tell them your good news.
"We got engaged." you announced, as politely as you could in that situation.

Frigga looked at you with delight on her face. She walked down from the throne to hug his son and then you. "I'm proud of you my son, you did a wise choice." Frigga's voice were full of proud and joy when he talked to her son.
"I couldn't agree more, mother." Loki replied proudly and kissed your hair.

Then Loki looked at his father, waiting nervously for his answer. He clearly didn't expect much from Odin.
Frigga turned on Odin as well and gave him a sign to react to these happy news. But Odin just sat there, in silence, making you both feeling like he wasn't going to accept this.

"Wise choice indeed.." Odin spoke up after one exhausting minute. Then Odin looked at you, clearly waiting you to say something.
You straightened your spine and took few steps closer to him. You kneeled down and bowed. "I want to apologize my behavior, All-father. It wasn't acceptable." you offered your apology. You looked up at him and stood up again. This wasn't your favorite thing to do, especially when you had to apologize to a person who banished your mother, for no good reason. But you did this for Loki.

"Yes, it wasn't acceptable indeed, but I forgive you. I think that you had been good to Loki and he needs you. It's all forgiven child, as long as you promise to accept our wills and practices in the future." Odin told you firmly but now more with gentle. "And congratulations son." he added before you could answer. You sighed in relief, Odin had forgiven you and accepted your engagement.

"I promise, all-father." you replied politely and then you turned on Loki.

Loki came beside you and wrapped his arm around your waist.
He kissed your forehead, and you can see how he wasn't afraid of showing his love for you around his family.

"I told you it will end well." Loki told you as you walked around the palace. You chuckled and pushed him a little. "You were right, again." you teased him and kissed his cheek.
"I'm glad that Odin accepted this." you continued and raised your hand to look at your ring.
"Of course he did, but I would have not cared if he wouldn't had." Loki grinned and kissed your knuckles. You chuckled at your oaf fiancé.

It was already evening and Frigga had invited you to stay for a night. She would had even give you your own suite, but Loki had convinced that you could stay with him in his suite. And you didn't blame him, you really liked to spend your nights with him.
Even Tony had finally accepted it, although it took a lot of time from him.
Tony still had some issues with Loki, he didn't fully trust him or that you were safe with him. Gladly Natasha had been by your side in this one. She had convinced Tony that you would be perfectly safe with Reindeer Games and if he cause trouble, Tony could just easily threw him out of the tower.
Well, you really weren't so excited about the last one but you were thankful for Nat's help.

*

You suddenly woke up, it was middle of the night. Loki was sleeping peacefully next to you, you smiled at your adorable fiancé.
Then you heard your door suddenly closing. You looked up and saw someone right before your door closed. You stood up and went to the door to see who it was. But there was no one behind that door, you walked out of Loki's suite to look around you. You walked through the corridor and then saw someone who clearly wasn't guard, walking down the stairs to the backyard.

You went after that guy, "Wait!" you shouted after him but he didn't stop. You speeded up to catch him. He clearly didn't belong in here.
You ran down the stairs and saw him standing outside. Just standing, his back turned on you.
"Who are you? You're not supposed to be here." you told the guy. You walked closer to him, but then 'she' turned around. You went shocked when you realized you she was.
"Mother?!" you looked at her stunned. This can't be happening, she died right in front of your eyes!

"Hi dear, I've missed you." she told you gently and smiled warmly as always.
"But you're dead? How... how is this possible? Father killed you.." you were shocked and confused and really didn't know how to react.
"Yes dear I am.. but I came here to talk to you." she told you like this was normal to her to just rise from the dead. You looked at her without saying a word. You were shocked as hell.

"Dear, I don't have much of time so listen to me now.
My death wasn't your father's fault, not Odin's or Frigga's. You can't blame them for what happened to me." she placed her hand on your cheek. A tear fell down on your cheek. "But, he killed you mother..." you mumbled. You couldn't believe she was there, it felt so unreal.
"No, it was Hydra. It had always been Hydra. And now they have him and they will come after you too, you need to stay safe my child, they're already coming." your mother replied softly, drying your tears from your cheeks.
"Promise me you won't blame him, he loves you, like I do." she continued.

Then you broke into tears. Your mother took you into her arms and hugged your tightly. She even smelled the same as when you were little.
"I... I promise mother. I just.. miss you so much. I can't believe that you are here." you struggled with your words.
"I have always been here, and I will be till the end." she loosened her grip around you and looked into your eyes.
"You need to let me go dear. I promise, we will meet again. But now my time has come to its end, I love you my daughter." she told you with teardrop falling down on her cheek.

You shook your head. "No mother, don't leave me." you begged.
She started to smile gently and warmly. "Never." she whispered softly before she turned into golden dust.

"No... no no no."

"No!"

"NO!"

"Y/N! Wake up!" you heard Loki next to you. He shook you awake and you jumped up. You were covered in cold sweat and your breathing was hard.
"What happened?" you asked shocked.
"You saw nightmare darling, but it's alright, I'm here." Loki said gently and wrapped his arms around you and kissed your forehead. You leaned your head against his chest and let your tears fall down.

"I saw my mother..." you mumbled quietly in tears.
"Oh darling..." he said softly and tightened his grip around you. "Do you want to talk about it?" he continued and ran his fingers through your hair.
"No... not yet.." you said softly and buried your head even more against his chest. And Loki didn't let go, he made sure you felt safe and alright again and cuddled you the rest of the night.