Chapter Eighteen: Ban

Ban screamed for Keeva to stop but she kept going. 'Why?' he thought 'I can't die. I could just run up and take all issues, not that we would have to. Especially with him around, he was fast enough to dodge them. Ban furrowed his brow in anger. 'Keeva is slow and obviously not a fighter. There was no reason for her to risk herself like that. Then why?' Ban thought to himself as he balled up his fist.

Gilthunder turned and looked at Ban and his sudden mood change. Ban was watching Keeva, clenching his fists, and looking quite pissed been. 'Curious' he thought and faced the group.

"Everyone. Keeva is going to stun them. It is important we are right behind her to finish the job as it does not last long."  The group nodded in unison and followed Gilthunder's lead. Ban looked surprised. 'That was her plan?' he thought.

Keeva was Blinking closer to the group of Knights now. She could smell the poison on their bows. She had made that posion for them while being captured as she was skilled with herbs and spices. That was the main reason she had to go first. If one of her friends were killed from posion she made, she would never forgive herself. She couldn't tell them until it was done.

Keeva Blinked right in front of the group of enemy Knights and raised her shovel in the air with both hands.

LIGHTNING STUN

Keeva yelled and yellowish green bolts of lighting flew from the shovel and headed straight for the Knights who were too slow in moving. The lightning hit them and forced them to tense and drop all of their weapons. Keeva smiled then looked down at her shovel and seen the blast was too much for it. The shovel had broken into hundreds of small pieces. She had several splinters and her hand was bleeding, but she didn't care. She turned and seen the group of men running up and passing her, striking the different enemy Knights and pushing them over the edge, to the cliff below.

Keeva ran over to their weapons and grabbed them, ensuring no one touched or stepped on them. She ripped of part of her shirt and wiped the poison away from each weapon, arrow, and the area around them. Keeva huffed a sigh of relief.

The group of men walked over to her. Gilthunder put his arm on her shoulder. "Quick thinking Keeva. Great job!" He said, smiling and ruffling her hair.

Keeva beamed. She loved receiving praise from her brother. She looked at the group and stopped at Ban, who was wearing a frown and looking down. "What's wrong, Ban?" Keeva asked him, timidly.

Ban raised his head and looked at Keeva before saying "you could have gotten yourself hurt or killed. Why would you run out like that?" He angerily asked. Keeva's eyes widened in shock. Did he care about her? That much? He was...worried about her?

"I did that because if any of you were hurt, I wouldn't be able to bear it." She said matter of factly. Ban's anger turned toward fury.

"Didn't want us to get hurt? I CAN'T DIE. You CAN die. Don't ever do that again." Ban replied, just now realizing he was standing right in front of her. 'Why do I care so much? If she dies, she dies, right?' Ban thought to himself.

Keeva looked up at Ban in surprise. In his eyes, there was a pain and a sadness she hadn't seen before. Does he care about her that much? Surely not. Or if so, as Gilthunder's annoying little sister. But still, the concern in his face and eyes moved her. There was a pain in her chest. 'I don't want Ban to feel that way ever again'.

Emotions took over and before she knew it, Keeva jumped into Ban and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry!" That's all she could muster out. Seeing his face look so pained hurt her heart. If she said more, she would cry.

Ban's eyes widened as she jumped into his arms. He instinctively grabbed her and held her for a minute before realizing what was happening. 'What am I doing? What about Elaine?' He snapped back to his senses and set her back down to the ground.

"Just...don't do it again." Ban shot back. The rest of the group looked at each other, stunned. Their eyes were wide, mouths were open, and they were all frozen in place. None of them knew what they just witnessed. Ban...hugged her? Ban was nice? They were all confused.

Keeva smiled back at Ban after being set down. "okay, I will do my best." She answered.

Several minutes of silence came and passed. No one knew what to do. Finally, Gilthunder cleared his throat. "Uh, Keeva? Ban...has a .... point I guess. Why did you care so much about the poison? If nothing else, we could have used him as a shield." Gilthunder asked. Ban's eye twitched but didn't respond.

Keeva sighed. "Because I am the one that made the poison. They made me while I was locked away. If anyone would have been hurt, it would have been my fault..." Her voice trails off. She felt weak. Tears began to form in her eyes, but it wasn't from sadness. 'What's happening?' Keeva thought.

Gilthunder responded, "I see. I don't hold you making the posion against you. But next time, don't be so reckless. We're a team and we're here to help...are you ok?"

Gilthunder looked down at Keeva and she looked...different? She was standing there but she looked...he couldn't put his finger on it.

**Quick note: some parts of Ban and Houser's story will be the same, as you seen. I will try to switch things up though so it's not the same story with different names 😁