Chapter Fifteen

When the men who were making the footsteps came into view, Keeva almost fainted. Fear, anger, and pain gripped her heart and caused her legs to tremble. She felt her head start to pound and tears instantly fell down her cheeks. Her breathing became panicked and she started to feel sweaty and weak.

Houser was still looking at her to tell her to stay beside him when he seen her confidence fall as she seen the person round the corner. He grabbed for her, afraid she was going to faint.

"Keeva? Keeva! What's wrong??" He asked as she became weaker and weaker.

At this point, Gilthunder had noticed the change in his sister in response to the men who rounded the corner and he changed from curious to furious. It was Holy Knight Rosand and his band of apprentice knights, Klaus, Percy, and Lon. Gilthunder grimaced. 'Rosand and his band of apprentice knights roamed prisons all over. He must have visited the one Keeva was in.' Gilthunder thought.

Gilthunder turned his attention to Meliodas. "Sir Meliodas, watch them, please. Im going to check on Keeva." Meliodas nodded and moved to the front while Gilthunder and Houser attended to Keeva. At this point Keeva had still not spoken what was wrong. She had instead gone straight into crying while Houser held her.

Gilthunder bent down to his slumped over sister and put his hand under her chin, raising her face to look at him. Tears were flowing down her cheeks, her eyes were red and puffy, and her nose was red and sniffly. "What is it, Keeva?" He asked, in the softest tone he could muster. Keeva looked at her brother and then at Houser.

'So much for being strong.' she thought. 'Im always so WEAK. I always need protecting. And when I don't get it, I end up in jail. Why? Why am I so useless.' Keeva thought as she clenched her fists. 'Stop crying.' she told herself. 'STOP'. Keeva brushed the tears away and sucked the rest back up. She looked back at Gilthunder and said "Those men would visit me regularly in prison. They were the main knights that did...that...that.." She felt the tears coming back. 'No. I'm. Done. Crying.' she thought.

At this point, she was in the process of standing. Everyone looked at her in confusion. "You should sit and rest if you're feeling weak." Ban spoke.

Keeva looked at him. "I'm fine. I don't need anyone to protect me anymore." She then marched forward to the front of the group.

The Holy Knight and his apprentices snickered. "Ah, so it would appear the Seven Deadly Sins released a prisoner. And a useless one at that." Rosand commented. The apprentice knights at his side laughed in agreement.

"Yes, she was one of the fun ones though. In more than one way, if you get our drift." Percy said as he elbowed Klaus in amusement. Keeva bit her lip. The group dynamic changed. Everyone became tense. Ban gritted his teeth. Houser clenched his fists and scrunched his face in anger. 'How dare they' he thought.

Gilthunder stood and screamed "and what exactly do you mean by that?" He started towards the Knights. Keeva grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"It's okay, brother." She said, calmly. Everyone turned towards her. The tears were gone. She appeared to be her normal self.

"But Keeva..." Gilthunder started. Keeva raised her hand and stopped him.

"Really brother, it's okay. I don't want any confrontation. I don't want anyone to get injured...or worse... because of me. Please. It's not worth it. The past is the past." She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the way they came. The group looked at each other and then back to Gilthunder for his orders.

Meliodas looked especially pained for his friend. "It's your call, Gilthunder. We will follow you." Meliodas said, showing support for his friend.

Gilthunder turned to Keeva. He could tell she was fighting the pain she felt. He couldn't just let them get away with what they did. But, he wanted his sister to be happy. Fighting and confrontation has always upset her. She would do so only when necessary, which is what made her an excellent apprentice Knight. She was able to talk to people and deescalate situations without using force. It was a trait he hated and admired.

Gilthunder sighed. "Okay, Keeva. Let's go." He turned back to the group of Knights.

"Don't let me see you again." Gilthunder threatened and started to walk away. The group followed, begrudgingly.

Ban and Houser looked back at the knights in anger. "So, we're just letting them go?" Houser asked, stopping in his tracks.

Keeva turned to him, seeing the anger on his face. She frowned and walked to him. When she got to him, she looked up to his face and smiled while saying "yes. They aren't worth our time." After she finished her sentence, she wrapped her hands around his waist and held him in as good of a hug as she could muster, being so much shorter than him.

Houser looked down in surprise. The fact that she could just forgive them after what they did...she was stronger than he ever would be. He relaxed in her grip and hugged her back. "Okay, fine. But if I see them again, I make no promises."