Chapter Seven

Gilthunder and Houser jumped up and turned to Keeva. Her eyes were half open and her smile was faint, but beautiful. She was attempting to sit up, but was too weak to support herself. Gilthunder, face covered in shock, shook his head to return to his senses.

"Hey, be careful you're gravely injured. Let me help." Gilthunder said as he rushed to and supported her in sitting up. "You should be resting."

Keeva looked up to her brother's face. "I know but I'm so happy to see you. I'm feeling better, honest. I'm sorry to have worried you." She then turned her attention to the other man in the room. "Who are you? And where are we?" She asked.

Houser cleared his throat. "My name is Houser. I am a Holy Knight along side your brother. I am also his friend. You're at the tavern we have been staying in, the Boar Hat."

"Tavern...you stay in a tavern?" Keeva asked Houser and her brother.

Gilthunder shook his head. "We stay here when we are completing missions..." Gilthunder then proceeded to catch his sister up on the latest happenings and the tavern located on a giant green pig.

After hearing the explanation, Keeva was still a bit confused but happy to see her brother back to normal. "Thank you both for saving me." Keeva said bowing her head.

Houser and Gilthunder looked surprised. "You don't need to thank us. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have needed saving anyways." Gilthunder said. "Now, continue getting rest. I'll go downstairs and bring you some food. Houser, watch her will you?" Houser looked up and nodded his head.

"Of course." Houser answered. Gilthunder stood and left to get food for his sister, leaving Houser and Keeva alone.

"So, Houser right? Tell me about yourself." Keeva said with a smile. Houser looked at her. 'She's been through so much, and yet she is asking about me? What a strange girl' Houser  thought to himself.

"Uh, well I'm a Holy Knight. My father is a blacksmith who's pretty tough on me. But I know he is only that way because he wants me to succeed and do well. I've been friends with Gilthunder since we were young..." Houser said, running out of stuff to talk about.

Keeva giggled. "It sounds like you live an interesting life, Houser. I'm glad you found Gil. You seem like an excellent friend to him. What's your favorite food?"

"Hmm?" Houser hadn't been asked that question before. 'Weird girl indeed' he thought. "Uh, I'm not sure. Probably meat or peach cobbler."

"Those two are very different. Interesting choices. Meat could mean that you value consistency and power. Cobbler could mean that deep down, you're very caring. Or, maybe I'm reading too deep into things." Keeva said.

Houser looked at Keeva's face. She had a gentle smile on her face, making her big teal eyes look even more beautiful. Elizabeth and Dianne had given her a bath, so her skin was soft and glowing. 'Why am I looking at her like this? I like Dianne.' Houser thought.

The door opened and Gilthunder came in with food and water. "The food is straight from Ban, so it'll be delicious." He placed the food tray on her lap.

"Thank you brother and tell Ban thank you as well. It looks delicious!" Keeva said excitedly.

Gilthunder smiled at her. "When you're done eating, get more rest. You need to get your strength up." He stood and headed towards the door. "Houser, will you continue to watch over her? We are nearing Liones and Meliodas is wanting to create a plan for our next steps."

Houser looked to Gilthunder and started to say no, until he seen his friend's eyes. They were finally happy. He hadn't seen him that way in a long time. "Yeah, sure. Bring me some food too would ya?" Houser said.

Gilthunder agreed to bring him food then shut the door behind him. Houser turned back towards Keeva who was eating her food. When she noticed him looking at her, her cheeks turned red.

Houser looked surprised at her reaction and turned towards the window. He seen Dianne outside, looking at the downstairs window where everyone else was. 'Dianme is so beautiful.' he thought and started to stare at Dianne.

Keeva looked at Houser and seen he was looking outside. She turned her attention towards the window and seen the giant, Dianne. She felt some pain in her heart. 'He must like her.'

She turned back towards Houser. "Do you like her?" She asked.