Chapter Fourteen

**before starting this chapter please note that it's been a couple months since I watched the show, so my timeline memory is fuzzy. Also, this story isn't going to follow the story exactly. Partly because I don't want it to and partly because I can't remember and life has been too crazy to be able to re watch it, so apologies 😅**

The castle gates and walls were getting closer. Keeva grabbed tightly at her clothes as they drew closer to the kingdom. She was scared and nervous, but couldn't let Gilthunder know. She had to be strong and she only had a couple of minutes to pull herself together.

Sensing her uneasiness, Ban put his hand on her shoulder and whispered "Hey, Keeva, dont be nervous. You got a group of people who will watch out for you know." She turned her head in surprise and her cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

"Than...thank you, Ban. That means a lot." She was finally able to blurt out, clumsily. Ban smiled and withdrew his hand, turning his attention to Meliodas.

"Well Captain, how does it feel coming back?" Meliodas looked up and smiled.

"It feels...right." Meliodas replied. Just as he finished his sentence, Hawk's mom stopped and they all turned. They had arrived. They hopped off her back and thanked her for the ride. She smiled back and dug herself into the ground. Keeva breathed in deeply. 'I have to be strong. If I start to remember all the things they did...' her thoughts trailed off into the past. The past of being shackled, tortured, beaten, burned...and so much more.

Keeva shook her head and clenched her fists. 'NO. I will be strong.' she looked up to see the rest of the group making their way to the castle, all except Houser. His face was full of concern and looking directly at her.

"Are you okay, Keeva?" He asked. Keeva nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you, Houser!" She forced a smile and started to follow the others. Houser looked at her as she left. He felt a sadness in his heart. He could tell she was lying and didn't want to talk about it. And for some reason, that made him sad. Sadder than he had ever felt. He suddenly shook his head. 'What is wrong with me?' he thought. He then ran to join the others, keeping a close eye on Keeva.

The group arrived at the castle and was greeted by 2 tiny women and a large man. Gilthunder turned towards Keeva.

"Keeva, this is the king and his two daughters, Margaret and Veronica. Your majesties, this is my younger sister Keeva." Keeva blushed and attempted to curtsey like she had seen others do growing up. She felt awkward but was unsure of what else to do.

"It is nice to meet you all," Keeva said while bowing "I have heard so much about you." The three of them smiled.

One of the ladies, Margaret, smiled especially large. "It is so nice to meet Gil's little sister. Please make yourself at home." She said and motioned for the group to follow her. "I will show you all to your rooms."

The group smiled at each other and stated down the corridor. Keeva looked around in awe, she had never seen anything so beautiful. Growing up, her mother and her had the bare essentials. And once she was finally an apprentice Knight, she had never been inside the actual castle before being sent to the prison and then shackled up.

Keeva suddenly became very envious of the three princesses. To have grown up in such a place would be a dream.

*THUD*

Keeva fell to the floor. "oof." She said as she hit. She looked up and realized she had ran into Houser. He had turned around and was offering his hand to help her up.

"Woah," he said "are you alright? Gotta watch where you go." She took his hand and stood up, as red as a tomato.

"Oh! Uh, sorry Houser. I was lost in my..own world I guess." She stuttered. Houser smiled. 'She's cute when she blushes' he thought.

"Well you better hurry, we don't want to get split up from the group." He said and motioned for her to join him.

Keeva smiled. "Right of course!" She then started to follow him. The two realized the group had come back for them.

Gilthunder looked at Keeva and Houser and smiled. "Do we need to leave you too alone for a minute?"

Both of them looked surprised and embarrassed. Houser was the first to speak as Keeva was too shy to look up from the ground. "N..no! I was just making sure she was okay after she ran into me." Houser said as matter of factly as he could.

Margaret showed them to their rooms and allowed them to settle their stuff inside. Keeva for a room all to herself as the princesses already had rooms in the castle. She agreed to allow Pig to come sleep inside as well. After everyone put their things away, Margaret gave them a tour of the rest of the castle. The beautiful dining area, amazing kitchen, splendid ball room. Keeva was in such awe. She had never seen such fancy areas before. And she probably would never get to again. She was breathing in every moment.

After touring the nicer areas of the castle, Margaret took them on a tour of the castle areas that had been destroyed or damaged recently. Most of it was being fixed now, but construction was still new. Many areas of the castle had walls missing and rubble lying around. It was areas no one really went to, so there was little rush to get it finished. The team was walking down a deserted corridor where the wall had been destroyed on the right side.

The sound of footsteps started behind them, walking at first then turning into a running sound.

The group tensed. "Princesses and Keeva, stand behind us." Gilthunder said with a serious look on his face. Keeva started to protest. She could take care of herself. "Gil..." Was all she got out. At that moment, Houser turned to her.

"Look, just stay beside us okay? I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt." Houser said.

Keeva blushed again and started to agree. Until she seen who was making the footstep sounds.