Chapter Five

"KEEVA!" Gilthunder shouted and ran to his sister. Shackles were on her wrists and ankles. She was slumped over and sickly thin. Scars, dried blood, bruises, and scratches covered her body. Her greenish blue hair was unkempt and longer than her body.

"Unchain her. Now!" Gilthunder managed to get out. Rage flowed through his words and the guards did what he said instantly. Once unchained, Keeva's body fell forward towards the ground. Gilthunder caught his sister and moved her so he could see her face.

Her face was pale and there was little life left in it. Her typically cheery smile was gone. Her teal eyes were filled with pain and sorrow. Tears formed in Gilthunder's eyes. "Keeva... I'm...sorry."

Keeva put what little strength she had into her right arm and reached up to Gilthunder's face. "Gil, don't be sorry...you were under a curse...it's not your fault...I made sure to survive long enough to....tell you...that. I love you brother...." And with that Keeva's hand fell from his face.

Elizabeth sprung into action. She ran over to Keeva and Gilthunder. "Please, allow me to heal her Gilthunder. I can't get her up to full health but I can heal her enough to get back to the tavern so she can rest." Gilthunder was only able to nod. Elizabeth then focused her energy and started healing Keeva. 'Come on' she thought 'this is so important for Gilthunder. He's done so much for my family and me. Please just be okay Keeva!'

The two guards snapped back to their senses and realized what was happening. "Hey! You can't heal a prisoner or release them!" With those words, Gilthunder turned towards them, still holding his sister as Elizabeth healed her.

With rage in his voice, Gilthunder said "you two are lucky to be alive with you lying to me. Shut up before I change my mind of letting you live." His attention turned back towards his sister. The two guards slowly backed away from the group before running to tell the Warden about what happened.

"Should we stop them?" Ban asked.  Meliodas looked toward the guards then back at Gilthunder.

"Nah. Gil needs us more than they need to die." Ban frowned in disappoint but listened to the Captain. They both turned back towards Keeva and Elizabeth, who was trying her hardest to heal Keeva.

After a span of 10 minutes, Keeva's breathing started to stabilize. Although she had still not woken up from passing out, it appeared that she was okay for the time being. Gilthunder stood with his sister in his arms and the group started toward the exit.

Once they reached the gate, the group heard footsteps running to them. They all turned to see a Holy Knight and several apprentice knights in front of them.

"Sir Gilthunder," the Holy Knight Sampson said, "just what are you doing?"

"I'm taking my sister away from here. I was under a curse when I told you to place her here. I am no longer under that curse and she is in critical condition. So, if you slow me down I will not hesitate to kill you all." Gilthunder spoke.

Elizabeth turned to Gilthunder, concern on her face. 'This is not usual for Gilthunder. He has not backed down from a challenge or fight, but he is not usually so violent or blunt.' Her gaze shifted towards his sister. 'His sister must really mean a lot to him.'

Sampson and the apprentice knights laughed. "Gilthunder, you're hardly in a place to bargain.  You're outnumbered and you're only assistance is from disgraced criminals, a runaway princess, and a pig."

Meliodas smiled. "Then why don't you attack us then?"

Sampson thought for a moment. "Very well." He pulled out two giant blades, taking one in each hand. The swords began to glow a light red color. "HELL'S BLADES!" Sampson swung the blades in an X form towards the group.

Meliodas stood in front of them and pulled out his sword. "FULL COUNTER!"