Chapter Seventeen

Keeva did not pay any attention to the group of people shouting her name. Instead, she looked straight ahead and remained focus on her mission. She had to trust in herself and her ability. She sprinted forward towards the group, making sure to run passed the wooden tools on the way. None of them were a staff, but she would have to make do. She grabbed a shovel and sprinted harder to her friends. As she did so, she turned back and screamed "KING, SEND YOUR PILLOW!"

King could barely hear Keeva as she ran towards the group ahead. "What did she say?" He asked the princesses. They looked at each other, unsure of what she said as well. "I think she said something about a pillow?" Margaret said, but shook her head and said "that wouldn't make sense though." 'Pillow??' King thought. Finally connecting everything in his brain, he sent his pillow configuration towards Keeva.

Keeva continued to sprint to the group, unsure if she would make it. She closed her eyes tight and Blinked towards them.

Gilthunder led the group as they started to round the top of the stairs. The castle area was in ruin and looked as though it was not fully completed before being torn down again. He started to step on the last step, when a green pillow was suddenly in front of him, blocking his way. He stopped in his tracks, confused.

Meliodas sounded off, "why is King's pillow..." He was cut off when suddenly leaves and petals trickled down everywhere and Keeva appeared, gasping for air.

Keeva had not ran that fast in a long time. Okay? How could she when she was a prisoner? She felt the judging stares of all the super fit men watching her. She coughed then stood up straight, playing it cool.

"Hey guys. Uh, I asked King to do that. Those knights lace their weapons with poison. You can't trust them. This is why I was telling you all to forget it. They don't play fair because they know they can't win a fair fight. Please." She looked at each of their faces with the saddest, biggest puppy dog eyes she could muster.

Ban looked down at her, as did all the others. There was a moment of silence as they were all unsure of what to say next. They looked at Gilthunder who was obviously torn by the pained expression on his face.

"So, don't get hit with a weapon? No biggie." Houser answered and started to continue to the Knights. By this point, the Knights had already fired several arrows towards the group and all had landed in King's pillow. Each thud into material made Keeva feel worse. 'I'm gonna owe King for that.'

Keeva snapped back to her senses. The group had all started to follow Houser, who was now at the front of the pack. Not to be outdone, Ban was following closely behind. Keeva sighed. 'I guess I should have jumped off the cliff??' she thought and she threw her shovel on the floor and grabbed onto Houser with one arm and Ban with the other and pulled as hard as she could. The two were much stronger than her though and continued forward, now pushing the pillow aside. Keeva picked up her shovel again and hoped that it would work as a staff well enough for her to help.

"Fine. If you won't listen, then I will handle them. I don't like confrontation, but I'd rather I do it alone than risk others." Keeva raised her shovel in the air and closed her eyes.

"WHY WOULD YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES WITH ARROWS FLYING AT YOU??" Ban screamed as he grabbed her and moved Keeva to the side, narrowly avoiding getting hit with arrows himself.

Keeva blushed. She hadn't thought of that, but she needed to focus her energy before being able to use the shovel as a staff. "I need a minute to focus." Was the only response she could think of.

"Right. Maybe you should go behind the pillow then." Ban responded as he threw her behind it and dodged for a rock to hide behind. Keeva smacked into the pillow and skidded to the floor. 'For a pillow, you're kinda hard.' she thought and closed her eyes again. She focused all her energy at the shovel again and stood.

Gilthunder was the only one still in range to hear her at this point. "GILTHUNDER" Keeva hissed. "I'm going to stun them so tell everyone to stay back."

Gilthunder turned to his sister. "You would have to Blink to get up there fast enough to do that. There's no way you have that much strength left. And is that a shovel?" Gil responded.

"Yes. Nevermind the shovel! I can do this. I will not let others risk themselves for me anymore. Just tell them to stay back!" Keeva responded. She took one more deep breath, stepped out passed the pillow, and sprinted towards the arrows.

"KEEVA!"

Keeva didn't look back to see who had tried to stop her. She couldn't. She had to focus or everyone could get hurt and die because of her. She was not willing to let that happen. She scrunched her eyes closed and Blinked closer to the Knights lobbing arrows at the group.

*I'm hoping the cover image is a gif of what the Blink is from Nine Parchments. It's a little different for Keeva but that will give you a good idea.*

Apologies if this is not your favorite chapter. I am still recovering and in the next couple chapters, my plan is to try something... different. Good different hopefully. As always, let me know what you think of this, previous, and future chapters! Thank you so much to everyone who voted on the you decide chapter. It gave me some interesting ideas 😊 I hope everyone enjoys the way I decided to go. If not, it can always be improved upon! I have two main ideas in my head for how to proceed with future chapters. I guess you will see in the next one which I go with 😉

**I thought it had published this weeks ago. But nope. It didn't. Sorry!