Chapter Twelve

**two notes: First, I am sorry if the chapters are not as long as other stories. I type them on my phone and also work so I don't have as much free time as I would like 😅

The second note is at the bottom!

Gilthunder and King turned to see Keeva and Elizabeth walking up towards them. Gilthunder stood up from the stump he was sitting on and King stretched and started to float towards them. Gilthunder looked at Keeva who was clean and smiling while talking to Elizabeth.

"So, Elizabeth," Keeva said "does Meliodas know that you like him?" Elizabeth stopped for a second and blushed before starting to walk again.

"Like him? I..I...is it that obvious?" She asked, turning even redder. Keeva laughed.

"A little." She replied. "But I think it's cute. It's nice to have someone to love." Keeva replied and looked down. Her smile faded and she looked ahead to where Gilthunder and King were waiting.

Elizabeth looked at Keeva and continued walking. "Do you have anyone you care about or like, Keeva?" She asked. Keeva tensed up.

"No, I don't." She answered. Elizabeth looked at Keeva's face and noticed her eyes swelling with tears. She regretted asking. Elizabeth decided to change the subject.

"So, have you met my sister Margaret? She is Gilthunder's love." Elizabeth asked. Keeva brushed the tears away, appreciating the change in subject.

"No, I haven't. I am hoping to meet her soon. She must be pretty amazing for Gil to love her though." Keeva answered. Elizabeth smiled.

"Oh, she is very wonderful. I think you will like her." Elizabeth answered. Keeva smiled back as they continued to walk towards King and Gilthunder.

Keeva's head suddenly snapped to the right. "There is movement in the woods, Elizabeth. It is coming this way." Keeva grabbed Elizabeth's arm and turned towards her. "Don't let go of my arm, okay?" Elizabeth agreed with confusion on her face.

Gilthunder and King watched as Keeva suddenly stopped and grabbed Elizabeth's arm. "Why did she do that?" King asked. Gilthunder scanned the area.

"She must have sensed something." Gilthunder answered, still scanning. "Ah, there is something in the trees. Behind them. Keeva must be planning to Blink them closer."

King turned and said "Blink?" He turned back to Keeva and Elizabeth. Keeva was still holding onto Elizabeth's arm. Keeva started running towards them. Then, a teal colored light followed behind them and they were gone. "Wha-?" King started but then they appeared, standing right in front of them. Keeva let go of Elizabeth.

"Brother, there is something in the forest." Keeva said. Elizabeth and King looked at each other and then back to Keeva.

"Keeva, what...that thing you just did. What was it?" Elizabeth asked. Keeva looked at her.

"I will explain when we get to the tavern. For now, we need to ensure whatever is in the forest is not a danger." Keeva said and looked to Gilthunder for advice.

Gilthunder continued to stare at the forest. Whatever it was had discovered it was seen. So, it had not moved since being detected. "The only way to know what it is, is to go check." He said as he walked towards the forest. Keeva, Elizabeth, and King looked at each other, confused. Still, they all ran to catch up with Gilthunder.

Keeva was the most confused of the group. 'Why would Gilthunder be so reckless? Walking up to the enemy? With no protection or plan.' She pondered her thoughts as they walked closer to the forest. She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice Gilthunder had stopped and she collided into him.

"Oof." She said. Gilthunder did not turn around.

Instead all he said was "you should be more careful, sister." Keeva turned red.

"I'm sorry brother." It was all she could respond. In her head, she was thinking "Oh I should be more careful? Me? Not the one that went up to the enemy with no plan or cover?" She didn't say that out loud. She didn't have time. Before she knew it, Gilthunder drew his sword and slashed it, chopping down the trees and foliage around them.

When the dust settled, the mysterious noises in the forest were revealed.

**Second note: the GIF at the top is to give a visual to what I envisioned Keeva's power to look like. Notice the pink like trail when they move? They move short distances, in a straight line, and leave a trail. However, hers are teal and are not just sparkles. Although what the trail leaves will not be figured out until later ;)