Chapter Six

Sampson's smile turned to a frown quickly as he realized what he just did. "RUN" he tried to scream but wasn't fast enough. The red X headed toward the group led by Gilthunder was sent straight back to him.

The blast came at them quickly and with double the force. It blew chunks of ground away and left the wall surrounding them crumbled to pieces. There was nothing left of the Holy Knight and his apprentices.

"Sir Meliodas, we must hurry back! She needs rest!" Elizabeth shouted. Meliodas turned back and smiled at her. Then nodded his head yes and off they went.

~~~~~some time later~~~~~

Dianne was sitting next to the Boar Hat Tavern when the Captain and everyone else arrived. "Captain your back!" She shouted in excitement. She then noticed the girl Gilthunder was holding. She was covered in wounds and didn't appear to be doing well. "Is that your sister, Gilthunder?"

Gilthunder looked up at her, with tears in his eyes. "Yes, it is. I'm going to take her to the bed to get some rest. Elizabeth, would you bring her some water?" Elizabeth nodded in agreement and Gilthunder left the group, headed inside.

The group turned towards each other, worry on their faces. "If she doesn't make it, I don't think Gil will take it very well." Houser spoke. The rest nodded in agreement.

"People die every day. It's a miracle she lasted this long." Ban chimed in. Elizabeth turned towards him and frowned.

"Sir Ban, she means a great deal to Gilthunder. That means she means a great deal to us." With that, Elizabeth turned and ran inside to fetch water for Keeva.

"That was pretty harsh even for you Ban," Dianne said.

"Yeah who wadded up your panties?" Meliodas asked.

King watched their interactions then chimed in "Just because my sister is dead doesn't mean everyone else is better off dead too." Ban turned quickly to face King.

"Don't talk about Elaine." Ban angrily responded. An awkward silence filled the group. Meliodas took the opportunity to walk into the tavern, with everyone but Dianne following. Dianne was a giant, so she was forced to wait outside and peep through the window. Inside the bedroom, she seen Gilthunder's sister in bed with Gil and Elizabeth at her side. Elizabeth was attempting to heal her more.

"If she can regain more strength, she has a healing ability herself. It will just take time to get there." Gilthunder said, staring at his sister. Elizabeth turned towards him.

"We will make sure it happens. As I told Sir Ban, your sister is important to us as well!" She said. Gilthunder thanked her and turned his attention back to his sister.

The group stayed at the tavern for several days waiting her Gilthunder's sister to wake up and regain some strength. They only left to retrieve supplies, and even then Gilthunder never left her side.

"Man this is so boring. Why are we sitting here waiting for a dead person to wake up?" Ban asked.

King turned toward Ban and said "she isn't dead. You have no compassion do you?"

"I guess not." Ban replied and started drinking more Vanya ale.

~~~~~several days later~~~~~

Gilthunder nodded off in the chair beside Keeva. Houser was with him, laying on the floor next to his friend and companion. Daylight spilled into the room as the sun rose. At first, Gilthunder ignored the light and continued to try to sleep. He had gotten very little the past few days.

His eyes jolted open when he felt movement on the bed Keeva was laying in. Only to be disappointed to see it was Houser who, moving in his sleep, hit the sheets with his legs. Gilthunder sat back in his chair and sighed.

"What's wrong brother?" A meek voice asked.