Chapter Three

Gilthunder awoke to the sun pouring into the Boar's Hat Tavern. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room to see Ban, Houser, King, and Meliodas laying around the front room. He slowly stood and stretched his arm towards the ceiling. Then, he stepped outside to see the prison close ahead. 'I will save you, sister.'. Gilthunder thought as he stared at the prison walls.

He walked back in and seen Elizabeth had woken up and was in the process of waking everyone else up. "Sir Meliodas," she started, "wake u..." She stopped as Meliodas sprung up from his feet and wrapped his legs around her back, groping her breasts.

"Ah Elizabeth. Good morning. Did you sleep okay?" He asked as he continued to grope her.

Elizabeth's face turned red and said "Yes, I slept fine." Her attention turned to Gilthunder as Meliodas' grip let go. "How are you, Gilthunder?" She asked.

Gilthunder turned towards her and smiled. "I'm honestly not sure. It's been a long time since I've felt so many emotions at once. Afraid and excited. Nervous and happy. Sad and angry at myself."

A quiet fell amongst the travelers as everyone awoke.

"Well, no use standing around. Everyone wake up and get ready to head to the prison." Meliodas said.

~~~~~~some time later~~~~~~

The whole gang walked along the path leading into the prison. Meliodas, Gilthunder, and Houser led the group. Elizabeth, Dianne, Ban, Hawk and King rounded up the back end.

"So, not to dampen the mood, but how do you plan on getting her released? I've tried asking nicely and I've found it doesn't work well." Ban inquired. Gilthunder thought for a second then turned his face towards Ban.

"I am the Holy Knight that was put in charge of taking care of the prison. Instead I left it in the care of another Holy Knight and several other apprentice knights. However, I am still the one in charge and my orders are the ones that should be obeyed. This is the one case where asking would work." Gilthunder answered then turned his gaze back toward the prison. "However, I will not be asking."

The group arrived at the prison gate and were stopped by several guards. "Halt!" One said. "Who goes there?" Asked the other.

"I, Gilthunder, am here with my comrades. I am here to see and release my sister from prison. Take me to her at once."

The two guards looked at each other and then, looked down to the ground. "I am sorry, Sir Gilthunder, but your sister has died." One answered. Gilthunder looked at them both in shock and anger.

"She...she died?" He repeated, hands trembling.

"Yes sir. We did as you commanded and tortured her until she died. It happened two years ago. We sent you a letter, but I guess you didn't receive it." The guard on the right answered.

Gilthunder stood still. It felt like the world had stopped around him. All he could hear were the words "she died" over and over again. Finally, he fell to his knees and allowed the tears he had been holding back to flow down his face. "I never thought she would actually...I didn't mean for this to..."

Elizabeth put her left hand on her friend's shoulder, attempting to comfort him. Dianne followed closely afterwards. "Gilthunder," Elizabeth said, "I'm so sorry."

Meliodas stepped towards the guards, with his brows furrowed. Ban followed right beside him, sensing something was wrong.

"I will give you both one chance," Meliodas started, "tell us where she is and tell us who told you to lie to us."

Gilthunder looked up to his idol, surprised and confused. "Lie?" He asked.