Chapter Thirteen

Two bandits shook with fear as the dust settled. They stared wide eyed at the man with a long sword and the group behind him.

"Wh...who are you?" They asked ask the two hugged each other. One bandit was a thin, scraggly man with long blonde dredlocks. The other was a big, tan man with dark brown and short hair.

"I am Holy Knight Gilthunder. This is King, Sin of Sloth. This is the third princess, Elizabeth. And this is my younger sister, Keeva. I believe you were spying on the princess and my sister, no? What purpose did you have for doing so?" Gilthunder answered, sword still in hand.

The two men shook with fear harder. "Holy kni...so sorry sir! We had no idea! We are simply bandits. We were merely going to rob them, sir. Honest." The skinny bandit managed to answer.

Gilthunder looked around the forest around them, what was left. "Is that so? And you two acted totally alone? There is no other member you answer to?" Gilthunder asked.

The two bandits looked at each other then back to Gilthunder. "No sir, just us, Leon and Parry."

"I see." Gilthunder said. "Since the princess and my younger sister are here, I will not kill you. However, do not let me or anyone else catch you attempting to rob or do evil to anyone else again. Or your fate will be much different." Gilthunder put his sword back and then turned to walk back to the tavern. The group looked at each other before running after him.

Keeva was proud of her brother. Not killing the bandits took a lot. She knew it was mostly because of her.

The group walked back to the tavern where Ban, Meliodas, Dianne, and Hawk were waiting for them.

"Hey, you're back!" Meliodas exclaimed. "How was your bath, Elizabeth? Tell me every detail." Dianne thumped him on the head.

Elizabeth smiled. "It was good. Keeva is excellent company." She looked over to Keeva and smiled. Keeva smiled back.

"And how beautiful is my outfit?!" Keeva asked as she modeled it. Ban, Houser, and King all turned a slight shade of red.

"You look wonderful!" Gilthunder answered. Elizabeth and Dianne nodded in agreement. "Thank you again King." Gilthunder finished. King looked over and turned and even darker shade of red.

"Oh, uh..no problem." King said.

"There were two bandits that watched Keeva and Elizabeth, but I think I scared them enough to end their burglary days." Gilthunder said.

Meliodas' smile disappeared and his face turned dark. "Did you kill them?" He asked, anger in his voice.

Gilthunder looked over to him. "No, I didn't want to do such a think in front of Keeva and Elizabeth."

Meliodas clenched his fist. "I understand. But. If I ever see them, I will kill them myself."

Gilthunder nodded in agreement.

"Keeva, what exactly was it that you did earlier? You said you would explain when we got back. Elizabeth said.

Keeva nodded. "Ah, yes I did. Although, there is not much to explain. It is a power I am able to use. I run forward and then I blink forward. I can do it several times before I become tired. It leaves a teal path of flowers and leaves behind. I assume the flowers and leaves come from my druid roots. It is a handy escape tool."

Gilthunder nodded in agreement. "We used the Blink to escape getting into trouble all the time." Remembering some of them caused Gilthunder to laugh. "Remember when we were running from the con artists we followed to the beach? Or the time we used Blink to run from dad when he caught us out past our curfew?" Gilthunder continued to laugh.

Keeva laughed with her brother. She was so happy to see his joyful face again.

"Gilthunder, are we going to head towards the castle?" Houser asked. Gilthunder's laugh stopped.

"Ah, yes. That was my plan. We can freshen up, pick up supplies, and Keeva can meet Margaret." Gilthunder answered as he looked over to Keeva.

Keeva's usual happy grin was a sad, scared frown as she looked at the ground, holding back tears.

"Keeva? What's wrong?" Elizabeth asked as she wrapped her arm around her shoulder.

Keeva sensed all eyes on her. 'I have to be strong, for everyone. I'll be safe. Things are different.' She wiped the tears from her eyes. "Uh, nothing. I'm excited to meet Margaret. She sounds lovely." Keeva faked a smile, but Gilthunder seen through it.

He walked to her and placed his arms on her shoulders. "You have nothing to fear, Keeva. I swear that I will protect you. And I'm sure everyone here would do the same. And it's not like you can't protect yourse....where's your staff?"

Keeva looked at her brother's face. "It was taken. I am not sure where it is or if it's even still in one piece. I know you will protect me, but you shouldn't have to. You have Margaret to protect now. I just worry that I will see knights that...I met while in captivity." Keeva answered.

Gilthunder bend down to look into her eyes. "I will protect you and Margaret. Do not worry." He then gave her a hug.

And so the group started towards the castle and kingdom.