Chapter Four

The guards' faces quickly turned to surprise. "Lie? We're not lying." The left guard said. Meliodas stepped closer towards them. The guards instinctively stepped back from Meliodas.

"If that's true then you will have no issue showing us every inch of the prison, right?" Meliodas asked.

"Good question Captain. That makes sense to me. If there's nothing to hide then why not?" Ban said, looking slyly at the two guards.

The two guards looked towards each other and then the group of travelers. "Sir Gilthunder and Sir Houser can enter. The rest of you are wanted criminals and an escaped princess." The left guard said, voice wavering with fear.

"Actually, the Sins have been cleared of charges. And even if they had not been, all of them are my guests and as such can go with me into the prison." Gilthunder said, standing to his feet. He then clenched his fists and continued "and if I find out that you have lied to me, you will both die." With those final words, he pushed the guards ahead to let them in and tour the prison.

The group followed the two guards, being led by a determined Gilthunder. Ban walked beside Meliodas towards the back and whispered "Captain, how did you know they were lying?" Meliodas looked toward Ban and smiled.

"Honestly, I didn't. And I still don't. They looked suspicious and finding Gilthunder's sister means so much to him that I figured it wouldn't hurt to just look around and make sure." Meliodas and Ban looked at Gilthunder and studied his face. It showed several different emotions: fear, sadness, and mostly anger. "For their sake, I hope those guards weren't lying." Meliodas continued.

The guards took the group around the prison, showing them each hallway, room, and cell. When they rounded the last corner leading back up to the front, the two guards turned towards Gilthunder. "We told you we weren't lying Sir Gilthunder. Now are you satisfied?" Gilthunder looked to them then to Meliodas. "Meliodas, I thought you said they were lying. Where is she?" Gilthunder asked.

Meliodas looked at Gilthunder. He had searched for hidden rooms or trap doors through the whole visit but had not found anything. He also asked Ban, who had been kept in a prison previously to be on the looked. Both found nothing. Meliodas sighed and said "Look Little Gil, I didn't know if they were lying. But I knew saying so would be the only way to check the prison to know for sure."

Gilthunder clenched his fists. "You
...you didn't know?" He thought for a minute and continued. "Thank you Meliodas. You're right. This was the only way for me to for sure get in. And at least now I know..." Gilthunder stopped and wrapped his hands around his head.

'Gilthunder... Gilthunder I'm here...don't leave me please.' Gilthunder dropped to his knees. "Sister?" He said out loud "Is that you?"

'Follow my voice... Gilthunder...hurry...' Gilthunder rose to his feet and ran towards the voice in his head.

"I'm coming sister!" He screamed as he ran down the hall. The two guards and the group quickly chased after him. "Gilthunder!" "Wait!"

Gilthunder didn't listen and ran as fast as he could down winding hallways and passed confused guards. He then turned right and stopped. He was staring at a wall. They had gone over here on the tour but didn't stay as it was just a wall. 'Gilthunder!' The voice screamed.

By this time, the guards and group had caught up. "Gilthunder what is it?" Dianne asked. Meliodas walked over to Gilthunder and looked at his friend's face. He then turned towards the wall and punched it down.

Rock and rubble came falling down. The guards looked confused then went to chase after them until they seen the hidden cell behind it. They then just stared at it and then at Gilthunder.

Gilthunder ran passed the rubble and looked inside the cell. Tears flowed down his face.

"Sister." He said as he pulled the cell door off and threw it into the ground.

"Gil...thunder" his sister managed to get out.