Chapter Eighteen: Houser

Houser screamed for Keeva to stop but she kept going. 'Why? Why would she do that?? We are all perfectly capable of taking care of things. Hell, one of us can't die. Worse comes to worse, we could use him as a shield. Why would she run out and risk herself like that??' Houser grinded his teeth. Gilthunder turned and looked at his friend and his sudden mood change. Houser was staring at Keeva, grinding his teeth, and clenching his fists. 'Curious' he thought and faced the group.

"Everyone. Keeva is going to stun them. It is important we are right behind her to finish the job as it does not last long."  The group nodded in unison and followed Gilthunder's lead.

Keeva was Blinking closer to the group of Knights now. She could smell the poison on their bows. She had made that posion for them while being captured as she was skilled with herbs and spices. That was the main reason she had to go first. If one of her friends were killed from posion she made, she would never forgive herself.

Keeva Blinked right in front of the group of enemy Knights and raised her shovel in the air with both hands.

LIGHTNING STUN

Keeva yelled and yellowish green bolts of lighting flew from the shovel and headed straight for the Knights who were too slow in moving. The lightning hit them and forced them to tense and drop all of their weapons. Keeva smiled then looked down at her shovel and seen the blast was too much for it. The shovel had broken into hundreds of small pieces. She had several splinters, but she didn't care. She turned and seen the group of men running up and passing her, striking the different enemy Knights and pushing them over the edge, to the cliff below.

Keeva ran over to their weapons and grabbed them, ensuring no one touched or stepped on them. She ripped of part of her shirt and wiped the poison away from each weapon, arrow, and the area around them. Keeva huffed a sigh of relief.

The group of men walked over to her. Gilthunder put his arm on her shoulder. "Quick thinking Keeva. Great job!" He said, smiling and ruffling her hair.

Houser stepped closer. "Great job?? You could have been killed Keeva!" He responded instinctively and instantly realized what he said. He covered his mouth with his hand and looked at the group. Everyone had a confused look on their face, except Keeva. She was smiling, beaming from ear to ear, clearly happy to see such a reaction. Houser stared at her. Her smile melted his heard. He couldn't say for sure why. Not even Dianne did that to him all the time. Keeva felt...warm. 'What a weird thing to think' he thought as he realized he was still standing with his mouth covered by his hand.

He threw his hand down and walked over to Keeva and Gilthunder, who were walking towards King, Margaret, and Elizabeth. The group were following but not as quickly as Houser. "I mean if anything happened, Gilthunder would be a total mess and I know I will have to keep it together for him."

Gilthunder paused for a minute and laughed. "You're right friend, I would have lost my mind. But are you sure you don't have more...selfish motives for caring about Keeva?"

The group turned to Houser, who was now as red as a tomato. He cleared his throat to buy himself time to calm down some. "I'm very sure. I'm only here for your happiness, buddy." Houser answered, followed by the fakest smile Gilthunder had ever seen. Gilthunder felt Keeva touch his hand and looked over at her. She was looking at Houser, a twinkle in her eyes that he hadnt seen before. Keeva walked over to Houser, slowly.

Everyone watched as Keeva carefully reached up to Houser's neck and waited for him to bend down. Houser watched her, confused, but lowered down to where Keeva could wrap her arms around his neck. As she done so, Houser felt overwhelmed. Keeva smelled of warm vanilla and her skin felt so soft on his. She was applying pressure but not enough to hurt. Enough to show that she cared for him. Houser turned even more red.

"Thank you, Houser. I appreciate you caring about me so much. I'm sorry to have scared you." Keeva said, calmly as she gently squeezed one more time before letting go of her grip around his neck.

Houser set her down on the ground and only managed to answer back "you're welcome." When her touch left him, he felt a pain in his heart.

'Why?' he thought to himself.