Chapter Two

And so, the Sins and the two Holy Knights set off for Shallow Hill Prison.

"I had no idea you had a half sister, Gilthunder" Elizabeth said.

"Yeah, not many people know to be honest. My father liked her mom, but she was a Fairy. When she had my sister, she raised her alone until she died. Then my sister was sent to live with us." Gilthunder responded.

"What is she like?" Meliodas asked as Ban, Elizabeth, Houser, Dianne, and King gathered closer to know the answer.

Gilthunder looked at all of their curious faces and smiled as he remembered his sister. "She is very kind hearted, she always helped others before herself. When I was sad or upset, she would always raise my spirits. She took after father in that she was very close to her Druid roots. She loved nature and being outside. Especially flowers and herbs. She would make medicine often for soldiers to take with them. As for her mother's attributes, well she is quite short. Though not as short as you King. And as with most Fairies, she has a distinct sense of protecting loved ones. She would always try to protect me. Even if it meant she would get in trouble."

"She sounds wonderful!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Yeah, wonderful," Ban said sarcastically. "And boring. She must have some flaws Gilthunder. She can't be perfect."

Gilthunder stopped in his thoughts and turned his attention to Ban's statement. "Yes, she is not perfect as no one is." He looked down to the ground. "As I said, she would take blame even if it meant she would get into trouble. That is one of her faults. She dislikes confrontation and can't stand seeing a loved one hurt. As a Holy Knight, this combination can prove disastrous. This is why she was moved to a post away from father and me."

Gilthunder looked back up to their faces. "I'm sure once you get to meet her and know her, you will find more strengths and weaknesses." Gilthunder stood and looked forward to see the giant walls that surround Shallow Hill Prison. "We are almost there. I just hope she can forgive me." Gilthunder clenched his fists in sadness.

Meliodas came over and patted his friends arm. "If she is as amazing as you say, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about." He said with a smile.

Gilthunder smiled back. "Right. Well, we should all eat and get some rest and gather our strength. I have not been back here since that terrible day. The Knights here may be under a curse themselves. Or may not listen to me when I say to release her, if she is even still alive."

Everyone turned towards Gilthunder, who had tears in his eyes. "Gilthunder," Houser said as he placed his hand on his friend's shoulder, "if she's as resilient as you, she will be fine."

Gilthunder smiled at his friend. "Right. Okay everyone, to eat and then to bed!"

Everyone followed Gilthunder inside the tavern. Ban made everyone food and then they all laid down and slept while Hawk's mom walked toward the prison.

Gilthunder turned towards the window. 'I am coming sister. Please hold on just a little longer.' With that, Gilthunder faded into a deep sleep.