Chapter Eleven

**quick note. The picture is not mine. I found it and loved it! I tried to find the original source but couldn't. So, if it is yours please let me know.

"I will get to work on it now. It should only take a couple minutes. While you wait, why don't you go eat." King said.

Gilthunder looked to King. "Thank you so much for your help. Figure out a price and I will pay you for your troubles." He turned his attention back to Keeva. "Come Keeva. It smells like your food is almost ready." Keeva smiled.

"Thank you again King!" She shouted as she followed Gilthunder out of the door. Keeva headed downstairs where everyone except King was at. Dianne stood outside looking in through the window. Ban was putting the finishing touches on her plate. Keeva walked over and pulled herself up onto a barstool.

"Here you go. Enjoy." Ban said and put the plate in front of her. Keeva looked at her plate and she started to drool.

"Wow this smells so good. Thank you!" She said. Keeva dug in to her plate, making cooing sounds with each bite. When she finished she thanked Ban again. "That was the best food I've ever had. Thank you!" She said. She jumped off the stool, ran around the counter, and gave him a hug.

"Wha?" Ban said when she started around the counter. When she got to him and gave him a hug, he froze. He thought he would hate it. He thought he would instantly push her away and tell her not to hug him again. Only special people were allowed to touch him. But he just stood there, frozen. When she hugged him, he felt her warmth and joy. He felt happiness and trust. He felt...safe. He looked down to see Keeva smiling at him. He looked back around the room to see everyone's shocked faces.

The warm feeling was gone.

He looked down again and seen that Keeva had let go and was walking around the counter again. He felt a strange sadness in his heart suddenly. Then, he snapped back to his senses and shook his head. 'What am I thinking?' He said.

"I'm done!" King said as he floated down the stairs. In his hands were several colors of one outfit. "I couldn't pick one color so I just made a bunch." He said as he handed them to Keeva.

Keeva's eyes widened and became teary. "They're so beautiful! Are you sure King?" She asked. King looked at her face and began to blush again.

"Yeah, of course. The only other person these clothes would fit is me. And I'm good with the outfit I have." He said and smiled. Keeva ran to Gilthunder and placed the outfits in his hands.

"Hold these please." Then she ran back and leaped at King. King looked surprised and had to float down some to catch her. Keeva gave him a hug and said "thank you so much! They're beautiful!" King blushed again.

"You're welcome. Really, it's no trouble." He said and gently placed her back on the floor. When he let go and pulled back, he seen she was smiling at him. 'Geez,' he thought 'she is always so happy.'

Keeva turned to Gilthunder and Elizabeth. "Okay I'm ready to take a shower!" She said. They looked at each other and back to her.

"Okay!" Gilthunder and Elizabeth said in unison. "Are you ready King?" Gilthunder asked. King nodded to them.

The group of Gilthunder, Elizabeth, Keeva, and King headed towards the spring close to the tavern. Keeva picked out one of the outfits, a deep blue, to wear after her bath. She was so excited to wear it.

They walked towards the spring. When they arrived, Gilthunder and King stood away from the two girls to stand watch.

Elizabeth and Keeva bathed in the spring. When they were done, they dried off and put their clothes back on.

Gilthunder and King were standing some distance away, chatting.

"So, Gilthunder" King started, "your sister is strange huh?" Gilthunder turned to him, confused.

"Why do you say that?" Gilthunder asked.

"She's always so happy and so nice. Like she hasn't been through anything her whole life. I don't know everything, but I know part of her life. And it sucked. How does she stay so...happy?" King explained.

Gilthunder looked up at the sky to think about his answer. "Honestly, I don't know. I ask myself that question. She has been through a lot, yet she's warm and inviting. Part of it comes from her mom. She was also that way. I think another part is inside herself. She allows people to see her heart and her true nature. Those of us trained to fight, are told that is a sign of weakness. For her, it is her strength."

Gilthunder looked at King, who was lost in thought. Suddenly, the two heard footsteps coming their way. They both turned.