Looks like a weird fish

Remember your worth it and that your not alone ♥️
————————————————

"No choice? What do you mean?"

Kenji looks at his brother and Kalen wasn't meeting his eye. It's as if he was avoiding him and Kenji wasn't having it. "Tell her. It's your fault we didn't tell her sooner."

"It's not my fault. We were going to tell her together, but you wanted to hold off-"

"Dont put this on me brother. I told you yesterday it was only a matter of time before she found out-"

"I know that but-"

"Can you guys tell me what the fuck is going on already?!" I yell and they both stare at me in silence.  "Who fucking cares who said what!  I'm at the point where I'm gonna beat the both of you for not telling me such important information!"

"I'm sorry, I'll tell you." Kalen sighs. 

"No I will.  Remember when I told you when we turned 16, our father told us that we'd take over the company?" Kenji asks and I nod.  "That same day, we met Soyoung and Soyun. Our father took us to the company for a birthday dinner, which was unheard of because our father never celebrated birthdays.  When we got there, there was another family there, the Lee's.  Dinner was awkward and uncomfortable.  Especially learning the dinner was a ploy for business." He starts and shakes his head.  "We learn that the family we were having dinner with, was the owner of another huge company.  Bigger then ours."

"In Korea?" I clarify.

"There and here.  They have connections and relationships deep within the police and with politicians.  Some people say they even have connections with the black market.  They're a very powerful company, and our father wanted to have good ties with the owner."

"The whole point of the dinner was to strengthen their friendship, by selling us on a silver platter." Kalen adds bitterly and I frown.

Kenji nods.  "Our father wanted to expand in China, but it was Lee territory.  Mr. Lee was trying to find suitable husbands for his daughters, and coincidentally we were around the same age.  While our parents talked business, we talked to the girls and they were pretty cool, but we had our eyes on someone else." I'm assuming the girl that hurt them.  "We weren't that interested, but the girls were and I'm assuming told their father that night, that they liked us a lot."

"About a week later, our father told us that we'd meet with the girls again and to be nice to them.  I didn't understand why, till we met with their family that weekend to learn we were engaged to them.  My father already signed the contract without our consent or knowledge." Kenji explains and my eyes widen a bit.  "Our father couldn't expand in China till we got married, so Mr. Lee gave him leeway in the States till then.  But the whole point was, it sealed our futures set in stone.  We'd take over and then get married to the girls.  Until then, we could do what we pleased but in reality that wasn't true."

"We didn't mean to hide it from you.  At first we didn't see a reason to tell you, but when things started going further and kinda getting serious, it was already too late before we could say anything to you." Kalen informs and I looked at him.  "We were suppose to meet with them next week, but they came to see us early."

"But last night-"

"-was amazing and we meant every word Simone." Kenji tells me and I look at my hands.

"If you're engaged where does that leave me?" They didn't say anything and I look at the both of them.  "Was I gonna be your little secret forever?  You'd get married and what?  We'd see each other a few times a year, sneak around till we get bored?" Kalen touches my hand but I pull away.  "What was the point of even confessing to me?  Or accepting my feelings?  We can't be more than what we are now.  We can't even be what we are now." I scoff and get off the bed.